PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly on Mike and Mike

BuffaloBlakely14
11-18-2009, 06:27 AM
Did anyone catch what Jimbo had to say on Mike and Mike at 710am today?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-18-2009, 06:43 AM
sure did

BuffaloBlakely14
11-18-2009, 06:45 AM
sure did

Can you elaborate and share with the rest of us?

Luisito23
11-18-2009, 06:55 AM
He said that the Bills need to get a big name coach, how Edwards is pretty much done in Buffalo, how he feels bad about both TO, and Lee, and how he still will root for this team no matter what. Maybe I'm missing a few things but I pretty much summed everything that mattered.

BuffaloBlakely14
11-18-2009, 07:01 AM
He said that the Bills need to get a big name coach, how Edwards is pretty much done in Buffalo, how he feels bad about both TO, and Lee, and how he still will root for this team no matter what. Maybe I'm missing a few things but I pretty much summed everything that mattered.

Thanks for summary. Did he mention any coach in particular, or was it the standard big 4 or 5?

Luisito23
11-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Billick, and Shanni...also said that we can forget about Gruden.

Tatonka
11-18-2009, 07:15 AM
why forget about gruden?

Luisito23
11-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Because of the ESPN thing.

mybills
11-18-2009, 07:29 AM
why forget about gruden?
ESPN prolly pays more. :ill:

tampabay25690
11-18-2009, 07:54 AM
I caught it this am..
Nothing really much came out of it but the fans are loyal........
We all know that already...

djjimkelly
11-18-2009, 08:19 AM

lol

Jaybird
11-18-2009, 08:24 AM
what did he say about lee???

Ed
11-18-2009, 08:51 AM
what did he say about lee???
They were asking him about the TO signing and if it was worth it. He basically said yes it was since it helped sell tickets. But then he went on to say that he felt sorry for TO since we're not utilizing him well and then he threw Lee Evans in there too as another guy he feels sorry for. He didn't really say anything specific about Lee though.

He also threw in Cowhers name when talking about bringing in an established coach, but I'm pretty sure that's a pipe dream.

He said Dick is a great friend and he was really pulling for him, but they need more of a tough guy coach that can get in people's faces when necessary. He felt that at times this team has needed that and that Jauron was too laid back.

He really put a lot of emphasis on needing a solid qb and that all the top teams have that guy and right now we don't. He was really hoping Edwards would be it, but he doesn't think he's the answer.

So to sum it up, we need a tougher experienced coach, a qb, and a dominating defense.

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 09:12 AM
edwards last hurrah to be a starter would be to stand up for himself with Kelly breathing down his neck. I can't imagine if Jack Kemp said in 1986 that "Kelly isn't our guy. He looks like a mess out there" (granted he'd be called crazy if he said it), i'm pretty sure Kelly would have been like, "A. Who is Jack Kemp? B. I don't take marching orders from a hasbeen QB and C. Get me a football, let's go win some games."

that is why Jim Kelly was Jim Kelly and why Trent Edwards is sadly trent edwards.

realdealryan
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM

probably not more, but DEFINITELY a lot more stability for him there

ParanoidAndroid
11-18-2009, 10:02 AM
A coach like Jauron needs a player like Ray Lewis on his defense to get in people's faces and a QB like Kelly to take control of the offense. This team does not have a single leader-type of player on either side of the ball.
You can build through the draft, but you need a couple of vet leaders as well.

ServoBillieves
11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Defensive Leader: Paul Posluszny. Calm, quiet, silent leader, plays the game to get the job done.

Love Poz, but getting the job done doesn't cut it in todays NFL anymore. It's smack mouth, talk about the QB's momma when you shove his face mask in the turf.

Offensive Leader: ?. I'm GUESSING Trent or Ryan. Both Ivy leaguers, shaky, try to take too much control of the offense (How many times has Trent changed the play at the line?), quiet off the field, don't fess up to their mistakes.

Not so much a fan of Trent or Ryan, but on offense you need a leader who you can trust. Do you really think anyone on that offense trusts any of our linemen outside of Hangy (which is still cutting it close) or our Quarterback?

Either make a trade for an established QB next year, or draft one first round (I'm sorry, pipe dream there, we're looking at a 2nd rounder tops.) Get a fired up coach who will spit in your face (hint hint) while screaming at you if you make a mistake, not clap like a retarted golf spectator when your team is pushed back 15 yards.

The last buffalo fan
11-18-2009, 10:18 AM
A coach like Jauron needs a player like Ray Lewis on his defense to get in people's faces and a QB like Kelly to take control of the offense. This team does not have a single leader-type of player on either side of the ball.
You can build through the draft, but you need a couple of vet leaders as well.

:10: :bf1: