PDA

View Full Version : Pat...GM Question

BuffaloBlakely14
11-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Pat what are the chances of getting Polian's son?

Do you have time frame you have been hearing that a GM may be hired? Are we talking after the season?

Don't Panic
11-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Polian's son getting us over the top would be a nice piece of poetry, but is the son as wise as the father? No more sentimental picks... this has to become a logical process through and through. If the kid is ready and had the credentials, so be it. But let's not hire him just because of his last name.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm sure his father would tell his son that coming here would be a great idea.

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 09:30 AM
I had heard that Bill Polian's son is pretty much set up to be the GM in Indy. Bill is staying the job to get the team through the uncapped year and through the new CBA and then the team is his son's.

So its got to be an incredible incredible offer for his son to leave total success like that.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
I have heard that Polian still has feelings for the Bills and Buffalo. If his son has chops then I am all for it.

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 09:35 AM
I have heard that Polian still has feelings for the Bills and Buffalo. If his son has chops then I am all for it.

his son is currently heavily involved with the colts day to day operations. he has the knowledge to be as successful as his father and he's worked with him for quite a while. i just don't know if he'd leave a sure thing in indy and have his father's guidance through the upcoming storm of uncapped and new CBA to come here where the end wasn't so nice for the family.

To me it seems like a long shot. i had asked this question to a friend who knows the polians to some degree and this was his explanation to me.

i'm no journalist, but i trust what this person had to say. If i'm wrong, then that's good news and we got ourselves a polian back.

realdealryan
11-18-2009, 09:36 AM
If his son is gonna run the blue building down the road, how about a stop back in Buffalo for Bill to get our ship righted? Oh, by the way, bring Metzelaars with you.

BuffaloBlakely14
11-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Polian's son getting us over the top would be a nice piece of poetry, but is the son as wise as the father? No more sentimental picks... this has to become a logical process through and through. If the kid is ready and had the credentials, so be it. But let's not hire him just because of his last name.

The guy is being groomed to be the GM in Indy, and has worked for the best team in the NFL over the course of the past decade, I think he would be anything but a sentimental pick.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/1/2/707208/getting-to-know-a-gm-chris