PDA

View Full Version : Thurm alludes to something going down today

patmoran2006
11-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Something is going down at OBD, and Thurman Thomas mentioned it.

I wish I could break some news, but I cant.. I dont have it. But I am very confident something else significant is going to go down..

Michael82
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
:bigwave: Tom Modrak
:bigwave: John Guy

:pray:

Pinkerton Security
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM

I wish I could break some news, but I cant.. I dont have it. But I am very confident something else significant is going to go down..

Like what? I know you dont have the specifics but what kinda things are possible? I dont think we'd hire a coach mid-season would we?

patmoran2006
11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
This is what Thurman Thomas JUST said..

"Nobody is safe at One Bills Drive, they r cleaning house and bringing in a Football guy to run the ship. Jimbo say Ralph wil spend money!!!! "

THATHURMANATOR
SALE OF THE BILLS TO JIM KELLY'S GROUP.... COWHER HIRED AS COACH, AND POLIAN JR. TAKING OVER AS GM!!!!!!!!

chernobylwraiths

This sounds like one of Patti's posts.

The King
11-18-2009, 11:06 AM
I think we do start talking to coaches mid season. Fewells that's between Mr. Wilson and I remarks seem to allude to something else.

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 11:07 AM
These posts are aggravating.

We can all read Thurman's Twitter. Otherwise, you're breaking no news at all.

Or do you have to wait for ESPN or someone else to break it first?

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 11:08 AM
if the bills hire a real coach right now, i'm going to write Discotrish a PM asking for a wood stove salesperson because the end times really will be here. :-)

And you know what? i'm ready for the end times if it means we get a superbowl coach and a real legit level of play for the next few years.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:09 AM

What about those who think Twitter is gay and don't follow it... What about us Dev :(

Michael82
I was reading his twitter and I am so excited! Looks like we are getting exactly what we wanted, a total house cleaning. Get rid of all of them and start fresh with a young up and coming GM and a new head coach.

:jig:

THATHURMANATOR
if the bills hire a real coach right now, i'm going to write Discotrish a PM asking for a wood stove salesperson because the end times really will be here. :-)

And you know what? i'm ready for the end times if it means we get a superbowl coach and a real legit level of play for the next few years.
LOL!!!

patmoran2006
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM

Who said anything that I was 'breaking any news"

Some people dont have twitter btw.

And I think the title was pretty self explanatory

Michael82
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM

With our luck, we make it to the Super Bowl and then the world ends right in the middle of it, as the score is tied with 5 minutes to go. :ill:

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 11:12 AM

i don't read much into thurm's quote from twitter. Whenever you see Kelly talk about the team, he's a little more laid back and thoughtful. When Thurman talks about the team, he's very emotional. So if jim told him that the plan is to make changes (which Jim already said) then I'm guessing Thurman just took the news and ran with it (how very 1990's of him). I don't think he knows any more or any less.

Now if kelly says something like, "they are definitely working on it." then i'm going to assume something is going down as we speak. i think they have to take more than a week to figure out who they want, no? no one else is hiring right now. we have time on our side.

Russ brandon has Ralphs ear. he has to get this right or the next one to fall will be him. So I'd think Russ will want to look at all his options and get it right.

hydro
11-18-2009, 11:12 AM

I don't have twitter so we all can't read his page. I don't really understand the animosity.

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 11:13 AM
What about those who think Twitter is gay and don't follow it... What about us Dev :(

Then that is your problem.

You can think Twitter is gay and all, but I don't understand how you can say that and still hang out at a message board. It's practically the same thing. Except you can get athletes/celebs/writers and read their stuff too.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
It doesnt matter for christ sakes people, calm down. Thurman Thomas can say all he wants, but it doesnt mean anything until action is taken.

This always happens, the Bills make some type of a move, then fan base gets over excited and expects everything to happen instantly.

Pinkerton Security
11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't have twitter so we all can't read his page. I don't really understand the animosity.

indeed, I am enjoying the posts, thanks Pat! you're getting me really fired up!!!!

hydro
11-18-2009, 11:17 AM

You can think Twitter is gay and all, but I don't understand how you can say that and still hang out at a message board. It's practically the same thing. Except you can get athletes/celebs/writers and read their stuff too.

First it was Myspace then it was Facebook and now it is twitter. When will the madness stop! I hate having to check out the lastest and greatest things on a thousand different sites. Billszone works quite well for getting all the information I crave. If people like Madness and Pat like to post from all the news they see on a certain website, all the better for the late or never adopters of new sites like Twitter.

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 11:20 AM

First of all, it isn't true animosity.

It's just there is zero point to this thread. It's getting everyone worked up over nothing at all.

Second, I just don't like these threads that he is "confident" something else is going down. The next step to this is something going down, being reported by a major news outlet, then Pat reporting it. OR...nothing going down and him saying "I never said for sure".

And for the record, sites like Facebook and Twitter and things of that nature are a huge reason why message boards are dying out. Or at least this one.

chernobylwraiths
11-18-2009, 11:28 AM

Thurm is a puzzle wrapped in a riddle surrounded by an enigma.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:28 AM

Because I am already here ANNND on Facebook. Don't need another thing with updates telling me they just brushed their teeth and took a ****.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Thurm is a puzzle wrapped in a riddle surrounded by an enigma.
Yes don't try to understand me. It won't make sense.

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Because I am already here ANNND on Facebook. Don't need another thing with updates telling me they just brushed their teeth and took a ****.

Personally, I'd rather go for the source. I can sit on BZ all day and hope people post things that someone says but have to weed it out with all the spam and crackpot theories OR I can be on Twitter and just read exactly what Thurman Thomas says. I'd rather cut out the middle man.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Personally, I'd rather go for the source. I can sit on BZ all day and hope people post things that someone says but have to weed it out with all the spam and crackpot theories OR I can be on Twitter and just read exactly what Thurman Thomas says. I'd rather cut out the middle man.
Well I would rather get it through the Billszone and I am the only thing that matters to ME!

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Charles I think it may be a fued between Sports websites. Moran Vs Lunn/Dev

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2009, 11:36 AM
RS, who pissed in your cornflakes?

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Charles I think it may be a fued between Sports websites. Moran Vs Lunn/Dev

There is no feud at all.

Our sites are completely different.

THATHURMANATOR
There is no feud at all.

Our sites are completely different.
And very good sites I must add!!!! I enjoy both!

RockStar36
RS, who pissed in your cornflakes?

All of the people suggesting the equivalent of Jim Haslett for the next HC.

chernobylwraiths
11-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes don't try to understand me. It won't make sense.

When I first saw this thread, I was wondering where you got your information to allude to anything.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 11:38 AM

I agree we don't need an experienced Head Coach for this team. Those people don't know what they are talking about.

chernobylwraiths
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM

yeah, that wouldn't be good IMO

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM

OK, I forgive you then. I try not to read those ******ed threads, but I know, it's like a train wreck, sometimes you can't help but look.

chernobylwraiths
11-18-2009, 11:40 AM
I agree we don't need an experienced Head Coach for this team. Those people don't know what they are talking about.

Jauron was an experienced Head Coach that had a winning season.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok man sure lets go ahead and go for another UNPROVEN guy instead of a guy WE KNOW will be good. Sure the OC/DC may turn out being good but why risk it?????

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I love when people beg for information, and Pat busts his ass getting it for us and making sure we are updated and then people grill him for it.

What?

Do I beg him for it? Am I grilling him? No on both counts.

I was simply bringing up that I have yet to see him "break" any news. This thread was getting everyone all worked up and it was a simple copy/paste from Thurman's Twitter.

BAM
I sense a lot of jeal..animosity towards Pat from a hand full of posters. The guy's just doing his thing don't let it get to ya... or simply skip over or ignore him if it's aggrovating. I, for one, enjoy reading the guy's site... much more than some others out there.

BuffaloBlakely14

I love when people on this board beg for information (not saying you do), and Pat busts his ass trying to get it for us, and then people grill him for it.

methos4ever
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Ok man sure lets go ahead and go for another UNPROVEN guy instead of a guy WE KNOW will be good. Sure the OC/DC may turn out being good but why risk it?????
Being risk averse is what got us in this situation. If you get a DeCosta and he decides a Coord like Frasier for instance is the guy we need, then you have a GM who developed in a SB-winning environment, a HC who was a coordinator of a good defense and as a player won a SB on one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. From there, trust that they can get a capable OC / DC moreso than the prior regime. Heck Jimmy Raye's kicking butt over in SF and he's like 90.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Being risk averse is what got us in this situation. If you get a DeCosta and he decides a Coord like Frasier for instance is the guy we need, then you have a GM who developed in a SB-winning environment, a HC who was a coordinator of a good defense and as a player won a SB on one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. From there, trust that they can get a capable OC / DC moreso than the prior regime. Heck Jimmy Raye's kicking butt over in SF and he's like 90.
I suppose but I am nervous. I want as close to a sure thing as possible.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 11:47 AM

Jauron was proven.

And who do you know that will be good?

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 11:48 AM

Perfect scenario.

unpaid_bills
11-18-2009, 11:49 AM

Maybe you are both gay and should hook up:nono:
We are not the "bickering Bills"

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 11:53 AM
I sense a lot of jeal..animosity towards Pat from a hand full of posters. The guy's just doing his thing don't let it get to ya... or simply skip over or ignore him if it's aggrovating. I, for one, enjoy reading the guy's site... much more than some others out there.

Thanks for editing your post.

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Jauron was proven.

Excuse me?

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Jauron was proven.

DB please.... I am talking Cowher, Shannahan, Holmgren here. Don't tell me Jauron was proven in comparison.

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 11:56 AM
DB please.... I am talking Cowher, Shannahan, Holmgren here. Don't tell me Jauron was proven in comparison.

He's just being his typical old difficult self, trying to start a fight with everybody and keeping the fight going.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:58 AM
He's just being his typical old difficult self, trying to start a fight with everybody and keeping the fight going.
DB STOP IT!

I will say I could be fine with a Top DC/OC candidate but don't hate me for wanting a proven guy.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 11:58 AM

Yes clearly, because I was the one who chose to resort to childish insults, as opposed to simply posting an opinion.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 11:59 AM
DB STOP IT!

I will say I could be fine with a Top DC/OC candidate but don't hate me for wanting a proven guy.

I dont hate you, Im simply disagreeing with your opinion.

I can't control RS's dislike for me, if he doesn't want to discuss it, he doesn't have to, but that's certainly not going to stop me for posting my opinion.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM

I can't control RS's dislike for me, if he doesn't want to discuss it, he doesn't have to, but that's certainly not going to stop me for posting my opinion.
Well would you be unhappy to get Cowher as the coach?

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 12:15 PM

I don't dislike you, I just completely disagree with you.

You're influenced by living down in ATL and seeing the coordinator route work. After a decade of losing, I don't want to see them take that chance again. Especially when you consider that the Falcons also got Matt Ryan in the draft, what are the odds that the Bills score a new QB that good?

Pinkerton Security
11-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Excuse me?

lol yeah not sure how that one slipped through the cracks here..

Dr. Lecter
11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Everybody take a midol, step back and relax.

Bills Juggernaut
11-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Why is everyone hatin' on each other?

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 12:26 PM
because yesterday was a day of detente since it was such exciting news. now we are all back to business as normal until they tell us one of these big name guys is our guy.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Well would you be unhappy to get Cowher as the coach?

I wouldn't be unhappy, I just dont think its the best route.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 12:29 PM
I don't dislike you, I just completely disagree with you.

You're influenced by living down in ATL and seeing the coordinator route work. After a decade of losing, I don't want to see them take that chance again. Especially when you consider that the Falcons also got Matt Ryan in the draft, what are the odds that the Bills score a new QB that good?

Which is fine and its not the influence of living in Atlanta. The same thing has worked countless times.

BAL, MIA, IND, ARI, PIT, PHI the coordinator to HC transition does work. Its not all about Matt Ryan or getting the right QB. Its about getting the right GM and HC into Buffalo. Its not a one or the other type of a deal.

elltrain22
11-18-2009, 12:30 PM
:bigwave: Tom Modrak
:bigwave: John Guy

:pray:

Right there w/ you

Dr. Lecter
11-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Which is fine and its not the influence of living in Atlanta. The same thing has worked countless times.

BAL, MIA, IND, ARI, PIT, PHI the coordinator to HC transition does work. Its not all about Matt Ryan or getting the right QB. Its about getting the right GM and HC into Buffalo. Its not a one or the other type of a deal.

Matt Ryan??

Atlanta didn't draft Ryan, did they?

Nighthawk
11-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Anybody else think it's weird that Jim Kelly seems to have a direct link to what is going on in that organization? I don't know, but it seems like he is way more connected then a person who isn't really involved should be. Could this be a sign that he actually has a bigger role then we might know of right now? I hope so...

Dr. Lecter
11-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Anybody else think it's weird that Jim Kelly seems to have a direct link to what is going on in that organization? I don't know, but it seems like he is way more connected then a person who isn't really involved should be. Could this be a sign that he actually has a bigger role then we might know of right now? I hope so...

Jim Kelly is on the payroll as a "consultant".

I heard this somewhere a month or so ago. Can't remember where though. Maybe 97 Rock's pre-game show?

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Matt Ryan??

Atlanta didn't draft Ryan, did they?
They didnt?

Dr. Lecter
11-18-2009, 12:35 PM
They didnt?

Ask DraftBoy.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Ask DraftBoy.
What?

Novacane
11-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Jauron was proven.

Good point. He was a proven loser. And he continued losing. Now lets go get a proven winner who will continue winning :up:

Demon
11-18-2009, 12:40 PM
It doesnt matter for christ sakes people, calm down. Thurman Thomas can say all he wants, but it doesnt mean anything until action is taken.

This always happens, the Bills make some type of a move, then fan base gets over excited and expects everything to happen instantly.

But, Thomas isn't stating his opinion. He said, from what he's heard, something big is going to happen today. Then later he said, they are cleaning house, nobody is safe, and Jimbo says Ralph will spend $$$. Those are not his words, his opinions... it's what he's been told. That is more credibility to those tweets then any person on this forum. If you don't want to believe it, sure. Obviously it's all rumors until they actually do something.

But, they did fire Dick Jauron so it's not like their not doing anything and just waiting til the season ends.

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Well he has his article that he does on their site. I'm sure he knows the majority of the people there and gets good information.

I think you are right. if he does have a bigger role it totally adds credence to his purchaser plans.

Nighthawk
11-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Jim Kelly is on the payroll as a "consultant".

I heard this somewhere a month or so ago. Can't remember where though. Maybe 97 Rock's pre-game show?

Hmmm, didn't hear that...but that could explain it. However, what is he consulting about...the sale of the franchise? :D

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Hmmm, didn't hear that...but that could explain it. However, what is he consulting about...the sale of the franchise? :D
Yes.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2009, 12:56 PM
So Thurm, what's going down today man?

What's the scoop?

:rofl:

mybills
11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
post # 74..well?

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 12:59 PM

What's the scoop?

You will have to check my twitter.

jimbohastle51
11-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Marty shottenhiemer i will bet anything. About the only good football mind out there who wilson would be comfortable giving control to as he has played here before and has ties to mr wilson and the area

tampabay25690
11-18-2009, 01:02 PM
SALE OF THE BILLS TO JIM KELLY'S GROUP.... COWHER HIRED AS COACH, AND POLIAN JR. TAKING OVER AS GM!!!!!!!!

Thurm was that during your WET DREAM!!!!!
Sounds great though..

BuffaloBlitz83
11-18-2009, 01:04 PM
DB, the majority of those Coordinator to HC moves are made by solid teams that are not bottom tier teams. Teams that already are proven teams, switching at the guard. Philly, Pitt, Balt, Indy

Mr. Pink
11-18-2009, 01:06 PM
You will have to check my twitter.

I do not do lame crap like twitter sir!

split71
11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Marty shottenhiemer i will bet anything. About the only good football mind out there who wilson would be comfortable giving control to as he has played here before and has ties to mr wilson and the area

That's my pick...

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 01:21 PM

What's the scoop?

RS is going to be PPIIIIIIISSSSED.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2009, 01:54 PM

i don't read twitter so it was news to me. thanks pat.

jimbohastle51
11-18-2009, 01:57 PM
That's my pick...
He is really the only pick. No way shanahan or holmgren are coming. Ralph pay be willing to pay but i doubt the 8 million a year those 2 will ask for and marty has ties here and hasnt had a ton of opportunities since he left SD

User Manuel
11-18-2009, 02:02 PM

Have you seen Brian Polians special teams at ND, I'll pass on anyone named Polian that is not THEEEE Bill Polian.

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 02:37 PM

What is the key thing with all of the teams listed above?

realdealryan
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

I'll have one of what he's having!

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
You can't count Indy and Pittsburgh, IMO. Both were co-ordinators with that team before they became head coaches, and both stepped into an already established, elite team.

realdealryan
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM

Success at varied levels with varied systems?

decent young qb with a great d last year, no qb with a great run game, best qb ever, great vet qb, above average qb with a great d, randomly good qb with a solid d until this year

Canadian'eh!
11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Tomlin was an assistant with Minny before he got the Pitt job.

Caldwell was the assistant head coach in Indy though

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 02:46 PM

Great Front Offices

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 02:47 PM
You can't count Indy and Pittsburgh, IMO. Both were co-ordinators with that team before they became head coaches, and both stepped into an already established, elite team.

Neither had prior HC coaching experience. Just because you walk into an elite team doesn't mean you will automatically win.

realdealryan
11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
surprise surprise, Thurm is hooked up

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Great Front Offices

Thank you.

Something Buffalo is currently lacking.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Thank you.

Something Buffalo is currently lacking.

You won't find somebody in more agreement with you than me on that. I can't stand our FO, and haven't been able to since Butler left.

I don't want a HC who also wants Personnel power, I dont think that's a good idea at all.

dannyek71
11-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Why would Thurman Thomas be privy to this information? When did he start working for the Bills?

realdealryan
11-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Why would Thurman Thomas be privy to this information? When did he start working for the Bills?

Living. Buffalo. Legend.

ParanoidAndroid
11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
With our luck, we make it to the Super Bowl and then the world ends right in the middle of it, as the score is tied with 5 minutes to go. :ill:

I was thinking the same thing... kinda... except we are up by 10 with 30 seconds to go and everything stops moving.

ParanoidAndroid
11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
You won't find somebody in more agreement with you than me on that. I can't stand our FO, and haven't been able to since Butler left.

I don't want a HC who also wants Personnel power, I dont think that's a good idea at all.

Holmgren

Mr. Pink
11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Neither had prior HC coaching experience. Just because you walk into an elite team doesn't mean you will automatically win.

Name a coach who walked into an elite team that didn't win right away.

Ed
11-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Name a coach who walked into an elite team that didn't win right away.
Norv Turner?

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
So was this the big something going down? A whole bunch of nothing??

Thanks Thurman and Twitter!

RockStar36
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM
So was this the big something going down? A whole bunch of nothing??

Thanks Thurman and Twitter!

Actually...

This is REALLY big. Especially one day later and in the middle of the season.