PDA

View Full Version : I want a "scorched earth" policy

OpIv37
11-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Firing Jauron is a damn good start. But I want devastation- I want the whole thing broken down. Brandon, Guy and Modrak MUST go (although I could live with Brandon being demoted back to a marketing role). Fewell and Van Pelt MUST go, and I could go either way on April (he's taken a HUGE step back this year).

And it doesn't stop with the coaches and the FO. Let's not forget that the players are a huge part of this cluster**** as well.

These guys have proven themselves and earned their jobs: Jackson, Lynch, Evans, Byrd, Stroud, McKelvin, McGee, Lindell, Moorman.

These guys haven't proven much yet but should be kept for potential: Corner, Levitre, Wood, Maybin, Steve Johnson, Hardy, arguably Bowen and Nic Harris.

Strong consideration should be given to keeping Poz, Schobel, and Reed.

EVERYONE ELSE is expendable. And yes, I'm well aware that we can't replace 30+ guys in one off-season. But I'm saying that every single one of those guys should be aware that they are on the chopping block if a suitable replacement can be found.

And yes, I realize I'm talking about the dreaded R-word: REBUILDING. But let's face it: we're 3-6 after 10 weeks because the idiots in charge now somehow thought that this cluster**** of mediocrity could win football games. If we're going to be 3-6 after 10 weeks, I'd rather have it happen because we are building towards something than because we simply suck.

OpIv37
11-18-2009, 11:23 AM
oh, I might throw Lankster into the "potential" category as well.

Michael82
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
I agree. This actually reminds me of 2001 where we did a total house cleaning and brought in Tom Donahoe and dumped a ton of players. I could see a true rebuilding happen here. We need it. The guys we got now don't know how to win and many of them aren't very good. The only good news is that we do have a framework to start with and a bunch of solid young guys. But I'd get rid of easily 20-30 players and almost all of the coaching staff and front office.

Cntrygal
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I like the scorched earth policy.

Michael82
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Hell, I would even fire the midget trainer. :snicker:

Jaybird
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Bowen aint on the team anymore

OpIv37
11-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Bowen aint on the team anymore

one down, 30 to go.

chernobylwraiths
11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Shock and Awe!

Jaybird
11-18-2009, 11:43 AM
one down, 30 to go.

You have him listed under potential

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Firing Jauron is a damn good start. But I want devastation- I want the whole thing broken down. Brandon, Guy and Modrak MUST go (although I could live with Brandon being demoted back to a marketing role). Fewell and Van Pelt MUST go, and I could go either way on April (he's taken a HUGE step back this year).

And it doesn't stop with the coaches and the FO. Let's not forget that the players are a huge part of this cluster**** as well.

These guys have proven themselves and earned their jobs: Jackson, Lynch, Evans, Byrd, Stroud, McKelvin, McGee, Lindell, Moorman.

These guys haven't proven much yet but should be kept for potential: Corner, Levitre, Wood, Maybin, Steve Johnson, Hardy, arguably Bowen and Nic Harris.

EVERYONE ELSE is expendable. And yes, I'm well aware that we can't replace 30+ guys in one off-season. But I'm saying that every single one of those guys should be aware that they are on the chopping block if a suitable replacement can be found.

And yes, I realize I'm talking about the dreaded R-word: REBUILDING. But let's face it: we're 3-6 after 10 weeks because the idiots in charge now somehow thought that this cluster**** of mediocrity could win football games. If we're going to be 3-6 after 10 weeks, I'd rather have it happen because we are building towards something than because we simply suck.
:bf1:

Pinkerton Security
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
"...otherwise I’m going to have to head down there and I will rain down in a godly f***** fire storm upon you, your going to have to call the f***** United Nation to get a f****** binding resolution to keep me from f****** destroying you! I Am Talking Scorched Earth Mother F*****! I will Massacre You! I WILL F*** YOU UP!"

-actual quote from Ralph Wilson (really from Tropic Thunder but wouldnt it be AWESOME to hear Ralph perform this little rant?!?!)

psubills62
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I think that most of the 2009 rookies deserve a chance. If we're converting to a 3-4, I think any new coach would like to see what Maybin could do in that defense, and if not then they either find a place for him or try and trade him.

Overall, I definitely think you got it right. Our QB situation looks a lot like the Browns - no viable starter and two guys who are dueling for the lowest passer rating in each outing.

And at this point, I might even argue that Lindell could go. He hasn't exactly been a clutch kicker. I've been on his side for a while, but he's missed some in the past two years that have made me pretty ticked at him.

Oh and Josh Reed's contract ends after this season. Not sure if that changes anything as far as trying to keep him or not.

raphael120
11-18-2009, 11:50 AM

Rebuildling worked pretty well in Denver and Baltimore

mikemac2001
11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Lets go 3-4 PLEASE!!!!!

I think we have a chance with that Defense and it creates pressure which creates Turnovers

MassEffect218435
11-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Rebuildling worked pretty well in Denver and BaltimoreBaltimore didn't rebuild, they added a QB and a young, energetic HC.

malo
11-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Agreed. The losing culture has infected this tream so badly that this approach is the only way to go.

psubills62
11-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Baltimore didn't rebuild, they added a QB and a young, energetic HC.

They also had a great defense that had one bad year.

psubills62
11-19-2009, 08:45 AM

I think I would also like to add that I would want Bob Sanders, the DL coach, to stay. The run D has been piss poor, but in terms of pressures and sacks, he's gotten more out of lesser talent than any Bills coach I've seen in a long time.

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 08:53 AM
The Chiefs cleaned house last offseason. I think they cut 30+ guys. Most of whom couldn't find another job in the NFL.

We could do it too.

And pretty much since "scorched earth"is my preferred solution to all of life's problems I think it's a great idea in the Bills situation.