How about Jim Harbaugh, Stamford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Jim Harbaugh, Stamford?

I think unless Fewell has a miracle end to the season - and he is tainted by the ancien regime, a name worthy of consideration is Comeback Jim.

He has been outstanding at Stamford and with an OC mentality would allow the defence to be run by a top DC. This could be a 3-4 expert.

Harbaugh is ****sure and has a blue collar approach with Stamford - if they don't beat you, at least they'll beat you up :)

He also sounds like he maintains the sort of distance desired between a coach and his players.

And as we need a starting QB, likely to come from the draft, his NFL coaching experience as a QB coach can't hurt either.

Whilst I like Russ Grimm as another option, I think both would be ideal candidates.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: How about Jim Harbaugh, Stamford?

Why not. The last person from Stanford to play a major role on this team did real well.

But seriously, Harbaugh isn't going anywhere.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

I thought he was the coach at "Stanford"???

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

unless there is another Jim Harnaugh who rides the Stamford Express train in every morning from CT. know the way the bills have hired players and coaches in the past, i wouldn't rule this scenario out.

Comment

Ok, slip on keyboard.

He's got a contract on the table from Stanford, but it is unsigned.

With a proper HC who had NFL QB experience, maybe our last major signing from Stanford might have done a hell of a lot better

Comment

He's also apparently only earning $750,000 so even if we doubled his salary he'd be comparatively cheap

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

I love how people jump on the wagon so quickly. The guy beats USC and everyone wants him. LOL

Harbough isn't coming to Buffalo, not because he doesn't want to, but because our new GM won't hire him.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon
                I love how people jump on the wagon so quickly. The guy beats USC and everyone wants him. LOL

Harbough isn't coming to Buffalo, not because he doesn't want to, but because our new GM won't hire him.
                And if our new GM is Eric DeCosta who has been working with Harbaugh's brother John so clearly knows the family?

Comment

• gameboy
                  • Jul 2002

I sat next to him for a few hours on a transcon a few years ago.

My impression was that he wasn't too bright.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

Jim Harbaugh coached his first game as Stanford in 2007. Trent Edwards played his final game in Stanford in 2006. No connection to Harbaugh's recruiting or coaching.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by gameboy
                      I sat next to him for a few hours on a transcon a few years ago.

My impression was that he wasn't too bright.
                      He did go to Michigan. That may explain it.

The Bills beat writer Mark Gaughan mentioned him a month ago, before Stanford beat Oregon & USC. Ted Marchibroda was his coach when he carried Indy to an AFC Championshop game years back. HE was an overachiever as a player. As long as he has FOOTBALL smarts.

Didn't we just fire a Yale grad, with no FOOTBALL smarts or pesonality ?

Regardless,hire a GM first and let him pick the coach he can work with. We need someone to find the talent first.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Never said he was - you get the best out of the players you recruit - clear Harbaugh is achieving this against the bigger college teams

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
                          I think unless Fewell has a miracle end to the season - and he is tainted by the ancien regime, a name worthy of consideration is Comeback Jim.

He has been outstanding at Stamford and with an OC mentality would allow the defence to be run by a top DC. This could be a 3-4 expert.

Harbaugh is ****sure and has a blue collar approach with Stamford - if they don't beat you, at least they'll beat you up :)

He also sounds like he maintains the sort of distance desired between a coach and his players.

And as we need a starting QB, likely to come from the draft, his NFL coaching experience as a QB coach can't hurt either.

Whilst I like Russ Grimm as another option, I think both would be ideal candidates.
                          if you like it, it means that it's not happening.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kernowboy
                            And if our new GM is Eric DeCosta who has been working with Harbaugh's brother John so clearly knows the family?
                            GM's choose their coaches based on quality not because they are friends. Norm Chow recruited and coached Matt Leinart in college, yet passed him up to draft Vince Young in his first year as OC in Tennessee. Friendships don't mean anything.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Demon
                              GM's choose their coaches based on quality not because they are friends. Norm Chow recruited and coached Matt Leinart in college, yet passed him up to draft Vince Young in his first year as OC in Tennessee. Friendships don't mean anything.
                              ...and neither of them have amounted to a hill of beans.

Comment

Working...
                              X