Lets Talk Actual GM Candidates To Build This Team Right, Not Coaches..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Lets Talk Actual GM Candidates To Build This Team Right, Not Coaches..

Quit putting the cart before the horse.

You hire the guy to run the draft, make roster moves and get this organization going in the right direction FIRST.

He'll hire the coach he can work with. If it happens to be one of the so called name guys, so be it.

Who's out there ? How about Greg Gabriel in Chicago, who runs their draft. Buffalo born and seems like a logical candidate.

The Official Website of the Chicago Bears - The charter franchise of the National Football League
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: Lets Talk Actual GM Candidates To Build This Team Right, Not Coaches..

Originally posted by Night Train
    Quit putting the cart before the horse.

You hire the guy to run the draft, make roster moves and get this organization going in the right direction FIRST.

He'll hire the coach he can work with. If it happens to be one of the so called name guys, so be it.

Who's out there ? How about Greg Gabriel in Chicago, who runs their draft. Buffalo born and seems like a logical candidate.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/Fro...nt_office_id=7
    Chicago fans are about as pissed off as Buffalo fans with how the Bears have drafted the past few years. Pass.

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

Gabriel would be nice. Eric DeCosta would be good too. I like Bruce Allen and what about Ron Wolf? I once heard he was friends with Ralph Wilson but that was a while ago. He retired in 2001, so he may have been out of the game for too long, but i heard his name pop up with the Browns recently in their search for a "football czar".

Another guy who would be very good is Ernie Accorsi. Former NY Giants GM. Accorsi was the mastermind in the Phillip Rivers for Eli Manning trade, and drafted guys such as Osi Umenyiora, Chris Snee, Justin Tuck, Matthias Kiwanuka and Brandon Jacobs. Also signed Plaxico Burress as a free agent. He also fired Jim Fassell and hired Tom Coughlin. Last year, he covered the senior bowl for the NFL Network so he's still been "in the game".
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

I agree 100%, if Buffalo pulls a Cleveland and hires the HC first I will freak.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Personally I like DeCosta the best of all.

Also Ross with the Giants, and Caldwell with the Falcons that's my short list.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Ron Wolf, Ernie Accorsi, Rich McKay - DB loves him!, Charlie Casserley and my pick for next great GM...

Dave Gettleman Giants director of Pro Personnel

Comment

Working...
            X