PDA

View Full Version : Got this from La Canfora chat just now

Mudflap1
11-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Jon, Huntington Beach, CA

1:47 PM ET

Thurman Thomas said on Twitter that something else is going down in Buffalo today, and Jim Kelly told him that Ralph Wilson is willing to spend $$ for a quality football guy. Is Mike Holmgren a possibility?

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/jason_laconfora_HS_09_NEW_40x55.jpg
Jason La Canfora, NFL Network

Not sure he would want to take on that challenge right now, especially with other possibilities down the road like a management position in Seattle perhaps opening up, but if I'm the Bills are I'm going to go the big-bucks route, Coach Holmgren is right up there on my list.

Meathead
11-18-2009, 01:16 PM
id be happy widat

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
This douche gets the same info as we do. I could have made this same statement.

Mudflap1
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
This douche gets the same info as we do. I could have made this same statement.

I agree that it looks like he doesn't know anything, it's all opinion, not based off of anything. However, I sent the message out so that he would start looking into it. Since he broke the story yesterday, it would be logical he would lob out a call/email to his source to see what is happening today.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Especially after just yesterday saying we would go cheap.

The Spaz
11-18-2009, 01:20 PM
NFLN ****ed up and let schefter leave.

Demon
11-18-2009, 01:31 PM
NFLN ****ed up and let schefter leave.

Why? Schefter sucks on ESPN. La Canfora reported yesterday that Fitzpatrick would start vs. Jacks..... only took 24 hours but Bills confirm. And he was first to report that Jauron got fired.

Maybe he sucks too, but he seems to know a real connection inside OBD.

As for Holmgren, if he keeps his nose away from signing long term deals and the draft, i'd be all for him coming here.

Demon
11-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Especially after just yesterday saying we would go cheap.

To his credit, he said we'd hire a cheap and young COACH. Holmgren would probably be a GM or President like he is being offered in Cleveland. Then, he can still hire a young and cheap coach...

The Spaz
11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Schefter was the man with NFLN and and always seemed to have the scoop first. As far as Fitzpatrick I think it was speculated after the game that Fitzy would start.

Demon
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Schefter was the man with NFLN and and always seemed to have the scoop first. As far as Fitzpatrick I think it was speculated after the game that Fitzy would start.

He reported it yesterday morning that his source told him Fitzpatrick would start. He hit it on the nail.

And i agree- Schefter was the man on the NFL Network but it seems like his sources stayed behind when he moved to ESPN because what has he reported since? I get twitter from the CBS NFL guy, Peter King, and Schefter, and he's ALWAYS behind on reporting anything of importance.

He was like 45 min late yesterday on the Jauron news.

And his Monday Night countdown spot, once he reported as "breaking" news was that Parrish was "benched" not injury related when he was inactive for the Jets game. I think everyone knew that soon after kickoff and he made it sound like his source JUST told him...

The Spaz
11-18-2009, 01:47 PM
All because sommeone doesn't tweet the info. first doesn't mean he didn't have info. prior. NFLN would be better had they still had schefter. What's with the dumb ***** they have on their fake field now? I remember a few weeks ago they had her being a running back and she had the ball tucked by her shoulder with her elbow sticking out. I mean seriously can't they have someone who actually knows something about football do it?lol

Demon
11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
All because sommeone doesn't tweet the info. first doesn't mean he didn't have info. prior. NFLN would be better had they still had schefter. What's with the dumb ***** they have on their fake field now? I remember a few weeks ago they had her being a running back and she had the ball tucked by her shoulder with her elbow sticking out. I mean seriously can't they have someone who actually knows something about football do it?lol

If he knows it but doesn't report it, then it doesn't mean anything to me. He hasn't reported anything.... on SC, on twitter or on ESPN first yet since arriving. As for La Canfora, he's been a nobody ever since replacing Schefter, but, he's been 2-2 on BIG Buffalo Bills stories so why anyone would doubt him now i don't understand.

ps. Not sure about the lady, i have TWC and no NFL network, i just rely on twitter to get La Canfora's updates. lol