PDA

View Full Version : More smoke and mirrors by Wilson. Don't buy it!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
They can bring Shanahan in but they already know they aren't hiring him. Shanahan will want the resources to hire who he wants and what players he wants. He'll want an enormous salary which he was getting in Denver. I believe it was 10 million a year!!!

That's a huge financial commitment and he knows he can get that with other clubs like Washington.

The Bills will of course say "they wanted him " but he didn't want to be here.

This is Jason Peters all over again.

Don't drink the koolaid or you will be grossly disappointed.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 04:14 PM
You have no more knowledge on what will happen than one of the logs I just left in the bathroom toilet...

Demon
11-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Of course, another good story on the Bills and another negative post by you. Shocker!

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 04:16 PM
HH, do you really have to be a dick today? Can you just take some time off? I mean, we fire Jauron and the next day we contact a top tier proven coach and all you do is post something negative.

Why can't you just let some fans feel good for one day before you post something like this?

Typ0
11-18-2009, 04:16 PM
I'd be really happy if they didn't hire shannahan so I'm good with that.

SquishDaFish
11-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Will you ****ING STOP ALREADY!! God damn bro give it a damn break. Im sick of seeing your damn posts now. You complain over and over and Now Ralph wakes up and still we get to see you ***** and moan more then a woman in her PMS time of the month. Im sick of it jesus

Scumbag College
11-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Of course, another good story on the Bills and another negative post by you. Shocker!

It is pessimistic, I agree. But the Bills do have a recent history of letting us down.

Then again, the thought of the Bills having Shanahan as a coach makes me want to do a cartwheel.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 04:19 PM
It is pessimistic, I agree. But the Bills do have a recent history of letting us down.

Then again, the thought of the Bills having Shanahan as a coach makes me want to do a cartwheel.
Either way he is talking out of his ass. He has no more insight than any of us.

Demon
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM

Yeah but my response was to HH. I wouldn't have wrote it if say, you had posted it. Because, obviously Shanahan could still be a dream. However, HH is the same guy to diss the Bills to hire Fewell saying it's a scam, and that Fewell will be coach next year.... and HH is the same guy who said he wouldn't mind the team moving cities if it meant they won.

Ed
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't expect this to be a done deal in anyway or even close, but they wouldn't be pushing this hard this fast if they weren't serious. And that's at least an encouraging sign that they're not just going to take the same old route that they have in the past. Shanny may not even be the best candidate for the job or a good fit, but they're doing the right thing by bringing him in. That's all we can ask for as fans.

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 04:22 PM
The fact remains, the Bills contacted him, and Shanahan agreed to meet.

That alone gives the Bills a chance and in the past we never even talk to coaches of this caliber we jump straight to the second and third tier.

So, in my opinion, HH can shove it.

And I usually defend HH's "realism".

HAMMER
11-18-2009, 04:26 PM
This thread is a douche.

Scumbag College
11-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah but my response was to HH. I wouldn't have wrote it if say, you had posted it. Because, obviously Shanahan could still be a dream. However, HH is the same guy to diss the Bills to hire Fewell saying it's a scam, and that Fewell will be coach next year.... and HH is the same guy who said he wouldn't mind the team moving cities if it meant they won.

I know, I was just trying to say he might have some sort of point. The BIlls have been run right into the ground the last decade as far as performance, while still selling out pretty much every seat during that time. We just keep getting disappointed and having our hearts broken, yet we still keep coming back. I was just saying that we've been let down before by the front office.

It's tough to keep smiling and saying "Wait until next year," through it all. I really miss when the Bills played games in December, or better yet, in January that mattered.

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2009, 04:28 PM
So, if we hire Shanahan, will you be done with this team forever like last time?

WeAreArthurMoates
11-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Well since Raplh just coughed up 7 mil for Jauron to sit on his ass I think that this argument has no legs to stand on. NEXT!

trapezeus
11-18-2009, 04:34 PM
not to totally defend the post, as i really do think change is coming and we are going to be left impressed with how they are going about this, but did we all forget that the free agents we brought in last year really were only about leveraging their deals with other clubs. They got the offer from us, took it to another team got a better offer.

Ralph has got to get comfortable that the people he's going after aren't settling for this gig. They need to either be blown out of the water to sign a contract right now or they will listen to all the offers and sign with the highest bidder. When Synder gets involved, he usually just throws his checkbook around.

HHURRICANE
11-18-2009, 04:36 PM

BS. I never said Fewell would be the coach next year. I said Fewell is a joke and I'm not impressed.

The Bills mis-managed Peters and look what that did to the entire offensive line this year. But you were the same people giving me crap about it when I was vocal in February about how it would screw the entire offense.

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that Shanahan is a serious canidate when this FO continues to bungle and mis-represent situations.

Peters was signable just not at the 10 million a year he got in Philly.

HHURRICANE
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Well since Raplh just coughed up 7 mil for Jauron to sit on his ass I think that this argument has no legs to stand on. NEXT!

It's 6 million to be exact. That's 60% of what Shanahan will get in his first season here on a 5 year deal.

You guys better start looking at the math. And he's overhead. He comes right off of Ralph's precious bottom line.

This is a guy that makes 15 million a year net income. He's getting ready to give his head coach half of it. I don't see it happening.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Dude seriously just shut the **** up already. We know your opinion, anything the Bills do =Bad, we got it.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Dude seriously just shut the **** up already. We know your opinion, anything the Bills do =Bad, we got it.

He does have a point about the money though.

To bring in a top flight coach, Ralph is gonna have to spend around 12-14 million in total for the head coaching position.

I dunno, based on track record, if Ralph would be willing to do that.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM

To bring in a top flight coach, Ralph is gonna have to spend around 12-14 million in total for the head coaching position.

Oh Im well aware, however he likes to act like he 100% sure knows, kinda like how ACL injuries can be prevented via conditioning.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2009, 04:50 PM
why is every one of your post or threads negative? the bills fire jauron and it's still negative. i don't get it. everything about you is negative. why?

Mr. Pink
11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh Im well aware, however he likes to act like he 100% sure knows, kinda like how ACL injuries can be prevented via conditioning.

I'm not gonna sit here and say its not possible though that we don't get someone good though, just apprehensive about it.

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm not gonna sit here and say its not possible though that we don't get someone good though, just apprehensive about it.

I get that but I know you and know that your a relatively smart, sometimes rational poster.

Basically if you sat on the short bus, you'd be considered a genius!

Mr. Pink
11-18-2009, 04:55 PM
I get that but I know you and know that your a relatively smart, sometimes rational poster.

Basically if you sat on the short bus, you'd be considered a genius!

Well apparently I'm stupid according to the Shanny thread going on but thanks!

DraftBoy
11-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Well apparently I'm stupid according to the Shanny thread going on but thanks!

Yea so I read. You're more of a special kind of smart.

Demon
11-18-2009, 04:57 PM
why is every one of your post or threads negative? the bills fire jauron and it's still negative. i don't get it. everything about you is negative. why?

His first positive post will be when some billionaire buys the team and moves them to Los Angeles.... HH's long lived dream.

tampabay25690
11-18-2009, 06:36 PM
This thread is a douche.

So is the poster.....

hydro
11-18-2009, 06:51 PM
He has learned from Op quite well. Acting as if it is his duty to bring us "back to reality" and taking the safe route thinking because of the history of the franchise which gives him the best opportunity to say "I told you so".

Philagape
11-18-2009, 07:03 PM
HH's posts may be drama-queen pulp, but no one here can say that skepticism isn't warranted.
And people who don't want to read what they don't like can get the hell off the boards.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2009, 07:18 PM
They can bring Shanahan in but they already know they aren't hiring him. Shanahan will want the resources to hire who he wants and what players he wants. He'll want an enormous salary which he was getting in Denver. I believe it was 10 million a year!!!

That's a huge financial commitment and he knows he can get that with other clubs like Washington.

The Bills will of course say "they wanted him " but he didn't want to be here.

This is Jason Peters all over again.

Don't drink the koolaid or you will be grossly disappointed.

Wow, that's evil, but so like our front office.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
HH's posts may be drama-queen pulp, but no one here can say that skepticism isn't warranted.
And people who don't want to read what they don't like can get the hell off the boards.

HH's posts are the ones that are smoke and mirrors

:D

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2009, 07:22 PM
In reality, HH is right, he removed the veil from my eyes. I just can't see us hiring Shanahan, he is right, it's likely a ploy by Ralph to keep fans from being disenfranchised with the team. I can't see it, the move would be a polar opposite to what Ralph has done in the past.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
In reality, HH is right, he removed the veil from my eyes. I just can't see us hiring Shanahan, he is right, it's likely a ploy by Ralph to keep fans from being disenfranchised with the team. I can't see it, the move would be a polar opposite to what Ralph has done in the past.

How long does this supposed veil that prevents us from being disenfrachised last for? One game? The rest of the off season until the point when all the big namer's are gone?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Canadian'eh!
11-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Ralph: "Mike, you may have heard we're making a change. We wanted to contact your right away. We're really interested in your services."

Mike: "I'd love to talk to you about the job up there. Get that team back on track. But I have to be straight with you. I need 7 mill a year and total control over football operations."

Ralph (spitting out his prune juice): "WHAT!? You know you were fired from your last job! My counter is 800k a 1993 Ford Taurus, and a used set of Ray-Bans Dick forgot in his office."

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2009, 07:33 PM
How long does this supposed veil that prevents us from being disenfrachised last for? One game? The rest of the off season until the point when all the big namer's are gone?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

It gives us hope that there is an end in sight, perhaps fans will continue to attend games and demonstrate some moxie and faith if Ralph injects names like Shanahan, Gruden and Billick into the mix, when really, it's never been his way to hire the big name, he always goes with the cheapest alternative. It makes sense when you think about it, the entire fan base is being played like a fiddle right now by a marketing genius, otherwise, if he really cared about winning, known losers such as Dick Jauron wouldn't be hired in the first place..

HH is right, props, thanks for enlightening me brother.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 08:01 PM
It gives us hope that there is an end in sight, perhaps fans will continue to attend games and demonstrate some moxie and faith if Ralph injects names like Shanahan, Gruden and Billick into the mix, when really, it's never been his way to hire the big name, he always goes with the cheapest alternative. It makes sense when you think about it, the entire fan base is being played like a fiddle right now by a marketing genius, otherwise, if he really cared about winning, known losers such as Dick Jauron wouldn't be hired in the first place..

HH is right, props, thanks for enlightening me brother.

So he can toy with us to keep fans in the stands for the next 3 games? Seriously? 3 home games? Because in the offseason, he will have to pick a new HC, and if this theory holds true, it will be some newby, and all of us fans might go and boycott all of next year.

So he potentially loses huge chunks of the fan base for the next 3 years so that he can save the next 3 games?

Still dont see it.

Look, they very well could go with a newby... hell that seems to be there style and it would then be likely. But little of what they just did makes any sense if thats the case. Everyone thought Jauron was staying the rest of the year, we werent going to be that interested, but would still sell out, because our record will get us no where this year. So, it makes little sense to ditch Jauron now and immediately start talking about big name coaches... unless you really wanted to go and get one.

The coords will wait, there begging for a chance to be a HC and screw up up here.

If you want a big namer, you have to use shock and awe, and in this case, you dont want to be competing with anyone...

And to me, that why Jauron got fired now, that's why the are talking proven guy.

The Bills moves don't always make sense, but right now they seem to have pulled their heads out of their asses... Ill ride that line of hope until its proven to be crap... what other choice do I have anyway?

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 08:14 PM

You guys are NUTS. NO coach makes 12-14 million dollars PER YEAR...

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Can someone find a list of coaches salaries? I tried but cant find anything that is 100% legit

Typ0
11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
He has learned from Op quite well. Acting as if it is his duty to bring us "back to reality" and taking the safe route thinking because of the history of the franchise which gives him the best opportunity to say "I told you so".

This is a great post. Griping about the "realism" and then admitting it's the most likely scenario.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 08:33 PM
This is a great post. Griping about the "realism" and then admitting it's the most likely scenario.

Welcome to Bills fanhood?

HHURRICANE
11-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Funny, now we aren't even sure there was contact made with Shanahan. Hilarious.

Like, I said it'll never happen. The guy has 20 million left with 3 years. This is more than Jauron will make in 6 years..

Shanahan, can get 10 million a year from Snyder with all of the control.

There is no way they fire Brandon either.

I'm negative? Okay. So far we have a sucky D coordinator as the interim coach. We have a guy with a 45 passer rating starting this weekend and some how I'm supposed to believe are 90 years old owner some how had a catharsis and is going to make Shanahan one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL.

You guys want to rip me?? For what? The truth. How's that Peters thing working out?!?!

Mr. Pink
11-18-2009, 08:57 PM
You guys are NUTS. NO coach makes 12-14 million dollars PER YEAR...

Ralph is on the hook for 6 next year basically to Dick...He has to pay that out.

Then it's gonna take 6-8 per for Shanny.

That's how he'll be paying 12-14 next year for one coach who patrols the sidelines.

In 2011, it will be 6-8 for Shanny.

Understand now Sir?

Demon
11-18-2009, 09:01 PM
[quote]Shanahan, can get 10 million a year from Snyder with all of the control.

He can? Are you sure about that?

Who said we're firing Brandon?

You guys want to rip me?? For what? The truth. How's that Peters thing working out?!?!

Wood > Peters.

Our line is a mess, but Wood has been fantastic. As for Peters, he's been a joke in Philly.

HHURRICANE
11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Ralph is on the hook for 6 next year basically to Dick...He has to pay that out.

That's how he'll be paying 12-14 next year for one coach who patrols the sidelines.

Understand now Sir?

He was getting over 7 million a year in Denver.

Typ0
11-18-2009, 09:03 PM

Understand now Sir?

He never paid Fade.

Typ0
11-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Firing DJ at this point stinks of knee jerk reaction by RW. The only possible good thing is he's serious about acquiring talent that's on the market right now and that's not some up and comer from the coordinator ranks. So he either hires a guy whose looking for his next conquest or he further proves he's incompetent IMO.

Like, I said it'll never happen. The guy has 20 million left with 3 years. This is more than Jauron will make in 6 years..

Shanahan, can get 10 million a year from Snyder with all of the control.

I'm negative? Okay. So far we have a sucky D coordinator as the interim coach. We have a guy with a 45 passer rating starting this weekend and some how I'm supposed to believe are 90 years old owner some how had a catharsis and is going to make Shanahan one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL.

Typ0
11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I also wouldn't be surprised if DJ got fired right now because he refused to bench TE for RF. Wilson won't do anything to a guy who stinks consistently but is a consummate yes man. Yet when he's disagreed with he pulls the trigger in an instant. This just isn't any way to run an organization. It would not surprise me at all if all the hub bub about MS was OBD gave him a call and left a message that will never be returned.

Ingtar33
11-18-2009, 09:13 PM
no smart coach goes near the redskins.

I highly doubt Shanahan and Cowhart even seriously consider Snyder's offer even with a truck full of money added to the deal.

Washington is where good coaches go to die. Snyder will expect a superbowl NOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!! and fire their ass if they don't deliver it in 2 years. Look at what happened to Marty S.

No good coach would want to put up with that.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 09:19 PM
I also wouldn't be surprised if DJ got fired right now because he refused to bench TE for RF. Wilson won't do anything to a guy who stinks consistently but is a consummate yes man. Yet when he's disagreed with he pulls the trigger in an instant. This just isn't any way to run an organization. It would not surprise me at all if all the hub bub about MS was OBD gave him a call and left a message that will never be returned.
Nahh, no way man.

Ralph is a fickle guy, I buy that.

Be he wont can a guy mid-season and tank the season just because of what QB he wants to have started.

No way.

What makes sense is appeasing the fans who wanted Jauron gone and/or getting a jump on the process of getting a new guy.

Typ0
11-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Nahh, no way man.

Be he wont can a guy mid-season and tank the season just because of what QB he wants to have started.

No way.

What makes sense is appeasing the fans who wanted Jauron gone and/or getting a job on the process of getting a new guy.

He's stepped in enough about the QB and fired enough people for not agreeing that he would do that. He's not tanking the season it was tanked before it even started and the OC was fired at the last minute. This move is about ticket sales for the rest of this season. OBD is hearing how pissed people are and they aren't coming out to the stadium in december when they are this pissed. They just got a little less pissed.

Demon
11-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Nahh, no way man.

No way.

What makes sense is appeasing the fans who wanted Jauron gone and/or getting a job on the process of getting a new guy.

I agree with you. If Jauron was so against benching Edwards, then he wouldn't have yanked him at Tennessee down by 10 points. That was a very bizarre move for Jauron.

Typ0
11-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I agree with you. If Jauron was so against benching Edwards, then he wouldn't have yanked him at Tennessee down by 10 points. That was a very bizarre move for Jauron.

Not really. TE was getting crushed coming off a concussion. He was saving him.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Not really. TE was getting crushed coming off a concussion. He was saving him.

yeah, bell was hurt and they had levitre in there. he was saving trent some brain cells.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 10:12 PM

Understand now Sir?
yes

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2009, 10:15 PM

Yes we are. Why is it funny