• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Thurm, you aren't the only one

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=4666503

I know you have mentioned commerical lengths a couple times. Looks like others are also complaining that games are taking too long, unless of course you go by Kyle in Minneapolis.

Q: I know that the NFL is driven by TV revenue and commercials, but Sunday night games are way over the top and making the game we love virtually unwatchable. The games are taking three-and-a-half to four hours to complete. Can the NFL do anything to prevent NBC from grinding games to a halt with commercials?
    Kyle in Minneapolis
    A:
    Believe it or not, the league hires people on the sideline to coordinate commercials. The problem is inventory. To pay for the game, the networks try to sell as many commercials as allowed. That's sports in the modern era. Things are indeed a little different in prime time because most of the day games are done in three hours. The key is having good games. I don't think anyone is complaining about the length of the Colts-Patriots game, but you raise an interesting point.
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Thurm, you aren't the only one

This has annoyed me very much so in the past as well, especially when you've got a team like Buffalo that goes 3 and out all the time, it's maddening.

Comment

• Raptor
      • Jan 2009

Re: Thurm, you aren't the only one

The CB's have gotten out of hand

Comment

Working...
      X