BillsWin
11-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I'll try and find you a link.

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Got one.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/18/bills-havent-asked-for-meeting-with-shanahan/

No bueno.

Here is the deal. Adam Schefter says that the Bills are in the process of setting up a meeting with Shanahan. The story continues to run and there has been no correction released by ESPN.

Vic Carucci however claims that Russ has no meeting set up.

You be the judge.

Ingtar33
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM
the report was WILSON was to meet with him, not Brandon. Brandon meeting with Shanahan makes no sense, as Shanahan would be (presumably) taking Brandon's job.

Romes
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM
see avatar

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 06:43 PM
the report was WILSON meet with him, not Brandon.

:idunno:

espn is still running the story and Adam Schefter has yet to change his stance or release a correction.

T-Long
11-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Hell, Jauron was just canned. I'm sure there isn't a meeting set up yet. They have to find out first if he is interested and interested to at least listen to the Bills. They need to be quick, but damn this would be really quick.

Mr. Miyagi
Plus, hiring Shannahan would mean kicking Brandon out of his power, so I doubt he'd be tasked to do that.

The Spaz
the report was WILSON meet with him, not Brandon. Brandon meeting with Shanahan makes no sense, as Shanahan would be (presumably) taking Brandon's job.

I dunno it seems Brandon has set this whole thing in motion.

methos4ever
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Brandon's running it for Wilson to have someone take over the football side. Brandon's not losing his job folks...

X-Era
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Shefter talked with Shanahan's side who said he is willing to listen and that the Bills contacted him.

One of them is full of ****.

T-Long
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Schefter doesn't report it unless he knows it is true and a viable source. Brandon doesn't want to show his cards, so of course there is going to be denial. That's how it works folks.

Demon
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Idk, hard not to believe Schefter since he's friends with Shanahan, he worked for the Denver Post for years before joining the NFL Network and he co-wrote a book with Shanahan. If anyone would know, it'd be Schefter. Maybe Carucci misunderstood his source and maybe they havn't planned a day/place to meet yet? Schefter on ESPN SC said they are planning on meeting in a week or so.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Schefter doesn't report it unless he knows it is true and a viable source. Brandon doesn't want to show his cards, so of course there is going to be denial. That's how it works folks.
He says two, count em, two, sources.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4667849

By the way, "in the process of arranging a meeting" and "no meeting scheduled" are not necessarily all that different.

Dicknoze69
11-18-2009, 06:48 PM
From here on out, I'd treat this as the off-season, complete with false comments/media reports from everyone. No one wants to tip their hand and give someone else leverage.

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 06:50 PM
All I know is that I got a call from a guy telling me not to get excited because the two sides have not set up a meeting.

I looked for a link, and there it was. I'm pretty pissed off if we arent trying to set up a meeting.

Schefter says that Shanahan is willing to meet with the Bills, but he also says that the Bills were going to set up a meeting.

Vic says Russ has no meeting set up.

Who is full of it and who's got the inside scoop?

Nighthawk
11-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Shefter talked with Shanahan's side who said he is willing to listen and that the Bills contacted him.

One of them is full of ****.

It's not Schefter...this guy has a personal connection with Shanahan and was part of writing a book about him. Let's not forget that Schefter was also the person who broke the story last year that Dickey got an extension...he never backed down from that and it proved to be true. These are two of the most connected people, so it's a tough call.

Nighthawk
11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Also, just because there is no meeting setup right now...doesn't mean that won't change tomorrow.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 06:53 PM

Very plausible thought.

Kind of like we have no interest in Vick when Dungy confirmed they contacted the Vick camp.

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Also, just because there is no meeting setup right now...doesn't mean that won't change tomorrow.

That's the truth.

Mr. Miyagi
11-18-2009, 06:54 PM
From here on out, I'd treat this as the off-season, complete with false comments/media reports from everyone. No one wants to tip their hand and give someone else leverage.
Forget leverage. We are desperate. Pay the man anything he wants.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 06:55 PM
All I know is that I got a call from a guy telling me not to get excited because the two sides have not set up a meeting.

I looked for a link, and there it was. I'm pretty pissed off if we arent trying to set up a meeting.

Schefter says that Shanahan is willing to meet with the Bills, but he also says that the Bills were going to set up a meeting.

Vic says Russ has no meeting set up.

Who is full of it and who's got the inside scoop?

Does that mean we have no meeting setup NOW or that we have no intention to setup a meeting at all?

Those are very different.

As I said, the reports may share the same information actually.

No meeting is setup now, but that they intend to setup a meeting soon.

Ingtar33
11-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Does that mean we have no meeting setup NOW or that we have no intention to setup a meeting at all?

Those are very different.

As I said, the reports may share the same information actually.

No meeting is setup now, but that they intend to setup a meeting soon.

The report linked actually specifically mentions Brandon, while Schefter report talked pretty much exclusively about Wilson.

I don't see the conflict.

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
:idunno:

X-Era
11-18-2009, 07:03 PM
The report linked actually specifically mentions Brandon, while Schefter report talked pretty much exclusively about Wilson.

I don't see the conflict.
Vic also says were interested in Shanny, just that we haven't scheduled a meeting... again, not that one wont be scheduled.

I agree, this doesnt debunk much of anything.

What both sides agree on is that we are interested in Mike Shanahan.

starrymessenger
11-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Very plausible thought.

Kind of like we have no interest in Vick when Dungy confirmed they contacted the Vick camp.

Its all in the phrasing. I believe Brandon said that the Bills had no interest in Vick "at this time" ... "this time" presumably being after they ecided not to pursue the mater. The Bills & Shanny will meet.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 07:05 PM
BTW, your title of this thread can also still be true since its past tense.

Right now, as we speak, they may have a scheduled meeting for all we know.

If the article or your thread said "will never" thats a new situation.

The first stanza of your link nails it:

Mike Shanahan is among several coaching candidates in whom the Bills have interest, but chief operating officer/general manager Russ Brandon has no meeting scheduled with him, league sources told NFL.com’s Vic Carucci.

M
11-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, is it actually bad that Shanahan wasn't contacted yet? Don't we need a GM before a Coach?

X-Era
11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Well, is it actually bad that Shanahan wasn't contacted yet? Don't we need a GM before a Coach?
Hes potentially both, so no.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2009, 07:21 PM
i still want bill cowher

Commissioner
11-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Got one.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/18/bills-havent-asked-for-meeting-with-shanahan/

No bueno.

Here is the deal. Adam Schefter says that the Bills are in the process of setting up a meeting with Shanahan. The story continues to run and there has been no correction released by ESPN.

Vic Carucci however claims that Russ has no meeting set up.

You be the judge.

This doesn't really contradict anything I've read or heard reported.

X-Era
11-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Well Shefter is standing by his report!

http://boards.buffalobills.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2957&d=1258597017

From this BB post:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=195023

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Well Shefter is standing by his report!

http://boards.buffalobills.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2957&d=1258597017

From this BB post:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=195023

I've met Adam before in Bristol. I liked him. Now Clayton on the other hand....

X-Era
11-18-2009, 08:37 PM

Dude looks like a damn alien.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2009, 08:37 PM

Is it true that Clayton wears his hair in a pony tail in the back? This is a rumor I've heard and I'm quite curious actually.

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Is it true that Clayton wears his hair in a pony tail in the back? This is a rumor I've heard and I'm quite curious actually.

Not when I met him.

He is a jerk though.

BillsWin
11-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Dude looks like a damn alien.
He's even creepier in person.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Not when I met him.

He is a jerk though.

Thanks

Night Train
11-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I got a call from a guy, I wanted to break the story, blah blah blah...

What a consistent load by several wannabe storybreakers here.

Just let it play out and quit trying to be something you're not...

Credible

Demon
11-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Btw, Schefter sticking with his story, from about 10pm....

He's listening, isn't he? RT @vanetti210 (http://twitter.com/vanetti210): @Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter) You know shanahan..would he even consider the Bills?