• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Ideal Situation....

1. Shanahan is hired as HC.

2. Kubiak is fired this year after failing to make the playoffs with Houston.

3. Shanahan brings in Kubiak to be the OC (Kubiak was Shanny's OC in Denver)

4. We draft a QB high and he is groomed by two of the top offensive minds and QB friendly coaches in the league.

5. Our OL is already in the mold of a zone blocking line. Very slim and quick OLmen (Hang, Lev, Wood, Bell) which will be a perfect fit with the offense Kubiak runs.

6. Fred Jackson and Lynch would THRIVE in Kubiaks (Denver style) zone blocking scheme.

7. We already have an athletic receiving TE ala Sharpe, Daniels.

8. If we want to move to a 3-4 we already have many of those players in place. Maybin to OLB, Stroud DE, Poz and Mitch ILB, Ellis can compete with a draft pick for the other OLB spot, draft a NT, Spencer can be the other DE.

I dont have a 9 and 10. Someone add something....
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: Ideal Situation....

I'm not worried about who he will bring in as offensive coach. Shanahan is one of the best in game play callers in the game. He himself will make this team move on offense even with limited changes. I'm worried about who he brings in on defense. He's always had troubles with his defensive coaches (from what they said on radio today) and one of his defensive coaches was Robinson, the guy who went to coach Syracuse....
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi

4. We draft a QB high and he is groomed by two of the top offensive minds and QB friendly coaches in the league.

5. Our OL is already in the mold of a zone blocking line. Very slim and quick OLmen (Hang, Lev, Wood, Bell) which will be a perfect fit with the offense Kubiak runs.

6. Fred Jackson and Lynch would THRIVE in Kubiaks (Denver style) zone blocking scheme.

8. If we want to move to a 3-4 we already have many of those players in place. Maybin to OLB, Stroud DE, Poz and Mitch ILB, Ellis can compete with a draft pick for the other OLB spot, draft a NT, Spencer can be the other DE.

9. We go to a run style offense

10. Shanny brings a pedigree to demand better talent, and to attract them to come here. Then, we add 2 real bonafide upgrades to the roster in FA

11. We are willing to move up on draft day for the best franchise QB that we like

12. We beat the Pats at least once each year

13. We make the playoffs in the 2011 season

14. We go to the SB in the 2012 season

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Mahdi

I like everything you said till you said we already have many of those player for a 3-4. I disagree, our LB are too small and Spencer is to short to play end in a 3-4. This is not Madden

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          I like everything you said till you said we already have many of those player for a 3-4. I disagree, our LB are too small and Spencer is to short to play end in a 3-4. This is not Madden
          I agree that Spencer is not ideal height. But at 6-3 he is not that far off.

As for not having the right personnel. We would only be missing 1 OLB a NT and 1 5-technique DE assuming Spencer cant play that position which I think he can. That means we have FA and a draft to pick up 2 or 3 players and add some depth. Its not hard at all. Look at what Denver did and Green Bay.

Poz and Mitchell are bigger than Foote and Farrior, so I dont see how we are too small. Stroud would be bigger than most 5-technique DEs. Maybin and Ellis are both 6'4 250 at least. That is more than big enough to play OLB in a 3-4.

Where exactly are we too small?
          Last edited by Mahdi; 11-18-2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X