• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Hey Draft Experts, Was Brohm ...

A higher rated pro prospect than Edwards and Losman coming out? Also experts, which QB stylistically does Brohm remind you of, I know it has been a few years.

Seems like the arm strength is there with the kid, but he has to work on his consistency. From the video, he seems pretty mobile. Practicing in GB may have helped him as they run a nice offense. Not sure if he was on active roster tho.

A good move regardless. Low risk, high reward. Buffalo still has to draft a QB. If he pans out, super! If not, Oh well.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Hey Draft Experts, Was Brohm ...

Here is what I wrote about him, he ws the #2 QB prospect in this class by my rankings;

2. Brian Brohm-Louisville 6’3, 227 lbs, 4.79-40

Pros:
    -Size
    -Arm Strength
    -Mechanics
    -Experience
    -Accuracy, Timing, Touch

Cons:
    -Injuries
    -Limited Upside
    -Athleticism
    -Leadership

Analysis:
    Brohm is the most NFL ready QB in this draft, as he can make all the throws and has very solid mechanics. He does not have an absolute cannon but he has more than enough arm strength to spare. Brohm has a few big concerns: he underwent knee surgery in 2005 for a torn ACL, thumb surgery in 2006 for torn thumb ligaments, and just over a year ago, shoulder surgery on his non-throwing shoulder. That is going to scare off some teams as he only played his first
    full season this past year. Another big criticism of Brohm has been his lack of vocal leadership. He essentially does hisjob and goes home. He needs to become more of a leader in the huddle.

Stats:
    2004 66-98, 67.3%, 819yds, 6TD, 2INT
    2005 207-381, 54.3%, 2883yds, 19TD, 5INT
    2006 199-313, 63.5%, 3049yds, 16TD, 5INT
    2007 308-473, 65.1%, 4024 30TD, 12INT
    TOTAL: 780-1265, 61.6%, 10,775yds, 71TD, 24INT
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      Here is what I wrote about him, he ws the #2 QB prospect in this class by my rankings;

2. Brian Brohm-Louisville 6’3, 227 lbs, 4.79-40

Pros:
      -Size
      -Arm Strength
      -Mechanics
      -Experience
      -Accuracy, Timing, Touch

Cons:
      -Injuries
      -Limited Upside
      -Athleticism
      -Leadership

Analysis:
      Brohm is the most NFL ready QB in this draft, as he can make all the throws and has very solid mechanics. He does not have an absolute cannon but he has more than enough arm strength to spare. Brohm has a few big concerns: he underwent knee surgery in 2005 for a torn ACL, thumb surgery in 2006 for torn thumb ligaments, and just over a year ago, shoulder surgery on his non-throwing shoulder. That is going to scare off some teams as he only played his first
      full season this past year. Another big criticism of Brohm has been his lack of vocal leadership. He essentially does hisjob and goes home. He needs to become more of a leader in the huddle.

Stats:
      2004 66-98, 67.3%, 819yds, 6TD, 2INT
      2005 207-381, 54.3%, 2883yds, 19TD, 5INT
      2006 199-313, 63.5%, 3049yds, 16TD, 5INT
      2007 308-473, 65.1%, 4024 30TD, 12INT
      TOTAL: 780-1265, 61.6%, 10,775yds, 71TD, 24INT
      Was he rated as a higher prospect than JP and Trent?

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
        A higher rated pro prospect than Edwards and Losman coming out? Also experts, which QB stylistically does Brohm remind you of, I know it has been a few years.

Seems like the arm strength is there with the kid, but he has to work on his consistency. From the video, he seems pretty mobile. Practicing in GB may have helped him as they run a nice offense. Not sure if he was on active roster tho.

A good move regardless. Low risk, high reward. Buffalo still has to draft a QB. If he pans out, super! If not, Oh well.

He reminded me of Jim Kelly. great mechanics amazing arm, solid mobility (not fast). Big strong kid.

I have no idea what happened to him in the pros... his fall from grace has been stunning to me... it started with some terrible workouts before the draft... and just kept snowballing. As to his rating.. had you asked me in 2008 i would have said he was the 2nd best prospect in that draft... behind only Ryan. Well that was before the combines anyway...

big miss by me. Don't know what happened there. His collapse in GB has been beyond puzzling to me. One of the rare times i was taken completely by surprise by a QBs inability to adjust to the NFL.

And yes.. i would have rated him FAR above both Trent and JP. FAR FAR FAR above them.
        Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-19-2009, 02:00 AM.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ingtar33
          He reminded me of Jim Kelly. great mechanics amazing arm, solid mobility (not fast). Big strong kid.

I have no idea what happened to him in the pros... his fall from grace has been stunning to me... it started with some terrible workouts before the draft... and just kept snowballing. As to his rating.. had you asked me in 2008 i would have said he was the 2nd best prospect in that draft... behind only Ryan. Well that was before the combines anyway...

big miss by me. Don't know what happened there. His collapse in GB has been beyond puzzling to me. One of the rare times i was taken completely by surprise by a QBs inability to adjust to the NFL.

And yes.. i would have rated him FAR above both Trent and JP. FAR FAR FAR above them.
          Could be a late bloomer and change of scenery may help. Maybe he was unmotivated knowing he had no shot to start due to Rogers being in picture. Very dumb but you never know, he pictured himself going to a better spot to start when he entered draft.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

He was ranked higher than Trent, probably similar ranking to Losman (who should have gone in the 2nd probably).

I thought Brohm could be a 1st rounder on draft day. He was a guy I liked a lot.

Hes fairly mobile, has a good pocket feel, good arm strength, nice size, is able to find open guys and read defenses. Hes a proven winner, has decent ability to lead the team.

I agree with DB that he wasn't as much of a clear field general as you might like.

Put it this way, if he was in this years list of prospects, id have him up there with any of them. To me it would be Bradford or Brohm... yes above Locker and Clausen.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

I think this does a nice job:

Green Bay Packers get the best QB in the 2008 NFL Draft in Brian Brohm from Louisville.The guy was a top 5 or 10 pick if he comes out in 2007, he stayed in c...

And this:

and:

Who knew? BILL CURRY knew back in 2005 that Brian Brohm was the obvious choice to be Brett Favre's successor, I mean, they DO look alike!

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Go to 2:16 in on this one:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

He was ahead of Trent but JP with his athleticism was a higher prospect.
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                    • Sep 2003

Do you think that moving to a new place could kick start him to getting back to where you'd think he should be?
                    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Was he rated as a higher prospect than JP and Trent?
                        It's not even close...

Brohm was light years ahead of both players coming out.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Complete agreement, I dont understand why he has fallen so hard so fast. His interviews I heard seemed great, he has the ability, but something is not clicking for him.

We'll see what happens though. As of right now, I missed big time on this kid as well.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                            Do you think that moving to a new place could kick start him to getting back to where you'd think he should be?
                            One could only hope, Im not sure how much it will help out but it can't hurt any. He wasn't going to do anything in Green Bay.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Bmax
                              • Aug 2003

I agree with you take on Brohm...He rminded me of Jimbo...I am really surprised that it hasn't worked out for him in Green Bay...He is a better prospect than any of the three we have at worst he is a 3rd string guy learning the system who should be given a chance to show what he has in the future.

Bmax

Comment

Working...
                              X