PDA

View Full Version : Typical Bills

IAG
11-19-2009, 02:20 AM
I like how ESPN reported that the Bills will meet with Shanahan and the short list after that...Kevin Gilbride, Marc Trestman and Jim Haslett. Unreal. A terrible former HC, a Canadian football league coach and a guy that stars on a league that is on the Versus Network.

The big name will not come here...Ralph will not pay for it. Stop fooling yourselves.

bumblin
11-19-2009, 02:25 AM
go touch yourself

BertSquirtgum
11-19-2009, 02:42 AM
it wouldn't bother me if you were not on this earth tomorrow.

Block "O"
11-19-2009, 03:27 AM
worst thread ever

soapman
11-19-2009, 03:31 AM
Kill yourself

qcsabresfan84
11-19-2009, 03:55 AM
wow, what terrible analysis of every name in your post

IAG
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
You guys always have so much hope, but when has this owner ever did anything to warrant your support?

SABURZFAN
11-19-2009, 01:23 PM
i wouldn't mind Trestman. at least we know we would have an exciting offense.

ServoBillieves
11-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Fail.

The Spaz
11-19-2009, 01:27 PM
You fail!

yordad
11-19-2009, 01:29 PM
It is possible some of the lesser names would be in addition to a Football minded front office guy.

McBFLO
11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I was actually just going to post something along the same lines (although maybe not as harsh). I just watched Adam Schefter give his latest report and he, again, reports that Shanahan is at the top of the list, with Bill Cowher second. Both of those candidates are very ambitious choices and would certainly satisfy the fanbase.

Then the list continues with Marc Trestman (a CFL coach, who I understand has had some some success in the NFL as an assistant with various teams), Jim Haslett (a guy who was unable to get another HC job with any 1 of the other 32 teams (anyone know if he turned down another coordinator job because he preferred to be a HC? And honestly, I could care less if the guy played for the Bills in the past.), and Kevin Gilbride (who was a disaster here as OC, albeit with some success with the Giants after being the OC here. He would also be a nightmare move PR-wise), and Perry Fewell (I get it, the guy will get a chance to interview, but is it only because of the Rooney Rule? Again, a PR nightmare).

While these coaches have enjoyed some success, they're clearly not in the same league (no pun intended), as Cowher or Shanahan (or Holmgren).

I just don't get it. I really think that there's very little chance we sign one of the top-tier guys. They're interviewing them to show the fans, "Hey, we tried", and then they'll go with some coach that will immediately be loathed by fans, setting them up for public-opinion-failure.

I hope like hell I'm wrong, but I'll be shocked if we get one of the top coaches.

seanbillsfan
11-19-2009, 01:37 PM
more harsh words aimed in your direction

McBFLO
11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
That being said, I'm very happy they're at least doing something.

Don't Panic
11-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Easy guys... kill yourself? A bit harsh, don't you think?

IAG... how can you read one article that offers two different possible conclusions (big name vs. non-big name) and deduce that the latter half is ultimately true and the former impossible? To me, that defines pessimism. I really think there is a ton of opportunity for the future of our franchise here... legitimate opportunity at that. Dismissing any possible outcome at this point tells me that you are never going to have faith in this team. If that's the case, what's the point? Why tune it at all?

I'd like to think I could get out of what was considered an abusive relationship if I was in one (and I knew it).