PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Is this Brohm thing for real?

OpIv37
11-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Forked from: Brian Brohm a Buffalo Bill (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3053010)

Is there a legit source on this? So far, Pro Football Talk is the only one I can find. No major media outlets have picked it up. Chris Brown commented on it as "unconfirmed" reports.

Brown is 100% a company man, so if he even acknowledges the rumor, there's a good chance it's true. But I wouldn't believe it until a major media outlet or the team's website reports it.

Well, does anyone have a link to a reliable source?

Bravo82
11-19-2009, 08:22 AM
I was just about to say the same thing. This whole thing is pretty strange and reeks of Antionio Bryant all over again. Hopefully I'm wrong. I say if we dont hear anything official by 3pm from OBD that serious red flags should start to go up.

BidsJr
11-19-2009, 08:30 AM
This is all I got. Don't know how reliable Rotoworld is.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4672&ft=149170

Pinkerton Security
11-19-2009, 08:30 AM
I was just about to say the same thing. This whole thing is pretty strange and reeks of Antionio Bryant all over again. Hopefully I'm wrong. I say if we dont hear anything official by 3pm from OBD that serious red flags should start to go up.

uh....how about BuffaloBills.com???

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/11/19/report-bills-sign-qb-brohm/

they dont usually publish reports on the Bills website that turn out to be untrue..

mayotm
11-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Also, reported on Sirius this morning. No risk, potential high reward move. He has NFL skills. A fresh start may work out for him.

OpIv37
11-19-2009, 08:39 AM
uh....how about BuffaloBills.com???

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/11/19/report-bills-sign-qb-brohm/

they dont usually publish reports on the Bills website that turn out to be untrue..

I acknowledged that in my initial post- they usually don't let Brown acknowledge these things unless it's true, but that still isn't proof because it's still being reported as unconfirmed.

Until either the team officially announces it or a reporter with well-established credibility reports it, I'm not sold.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2009, 08:40 AM
I acknowledged that in my initial post- they usually don't let Brown acknowledge these things unless it's true, but that still isn't proof because it's still being reported as unconfirmed.

Until either the team officially announces it or a reporter with well-established credibility reports it, I'm not sold.

It's true. I don't have a link, but it is true (or at least it was the plan as of yesterday)

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2009, 08:41 AM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/11/qb-brohm-picks-bills.html

dannyek71
11-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Good news. However, I really have to question a guy who is only a year removed from being a #2 round pick, who cannot even be a third string QB for them.

You'd think that, unless he had ZERO potential, they'd have atleast held onto him.

OpIv37
11-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Good news. However, I really have to question a guy who is only a year removed from being a #2 round pick, who cannot even be a third string QB for them.

You'd think that, unless he had ZERO potential, they'd have atleast held onto him.

yeah, this is hardly the second coming of our Lord and Savior Jim Kelly.

However, we have 3 guys with ZERO potential at the moment and we need a QB in the off-season. Maybe Brohm will come in and suck and we'll still need a QB in the off-season. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll play well, and then we're ahead of the game.

It's possible that nothing good will come from it, but nothing bad can come from it either so it's worth the risk.

ServoBillieves
11-19-2009, 09:12 AM
BRING ON THE BROHM!

psubills62
11-19-2009, 09:20 AM
yeah, this is hardly the second coming of our Lord and Savior Jim Kelly.

However, we have 3 guys with ZERO potential at the moment and we need a QB in the off-season. Maybe Brohm will come in and suck and we'll still need a QB in the off-season. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll play well, and then we're ahead of the game.

It's possible that nothing good will come from it, but nothing bad can come from it either so it's worth the risk.

I personally think that the main problem with this signing is that it's so late in the season.

The reality is that we'll probably draft our "QB of the future" (a.k.a QB of the next two years in Buffalo) this coming offseason. Then Brohm will be in the same position next year as he was in GB the past 1.5 years - looking at a backup job unless he can show us some amazing stuff.

If this had happened earlier in the season (if possible, not sure when he was sent to the PS), then we would have more time to see if Brohm could have simply used a change of scenery. Now we've only got a couple games at most to see what Brohm may have, if they even give him a chance to play.

Pinkerton Security
11-19-2009, 09:27 AM

they did try to hold onto him, he picked us. He was behind Rodgers and Matt Flynn. I'd personally rather have Brohm, if he had come out his junior year would have been a top 5 pick.

Buddo
11-19-2009, 09:41 AM
The other thing to bear in mind, is that there will still be the 'formalities' to go through, i.e. Medicals etc. It's a reason why the Bills are always behind with making signing announcements. They have a policy, I believe, of not announcing anything like this, until the ink has dried.
As has been noted, Chris Brown putting up that report, is a very good sign that it has actually happened - it's about the best he can do, until the 'official' announcement. Another sign, is that the discussion of this, was 'stickied' on the bb.com message board. That also would rarely happen unless there was truth to the report. With the Buffalo News reporting it now, that is pretty much meaning a 'done deal', that is simply awaiting the official confirmation tbh, but with the other 'signs', I think it was clear to see that it had been done a lot earlier.

Buddo
11-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I personally think that the main problem with this signing is that it's so late in the season.

The reality is that we'll probably draft our "QB of the future" (a.k.a QB of the next two years in Buffalo) this coming offseason. Then Brohm will be in the same position next year as he was in GB the past 1.5 years - looking at a backup job unless he can show us some amazing stuff.

If this had happened earlier in the season (if possible, not sure when he was sent to the PS), then we would have more time to see if Brohm could have simply used a change of scenery. Now we've only got a couple games at most to see what Brohm may have, if they even give him a chance to play.

I think it's a decent move tbh. At least it will give whoever comes in as HC more of an opportunity to see if he likes any of the QBs we have. In all honesty, I would think that is going to be between Edwards and Brohm, for all that Fitz has been made the starter atm. Brohm at least will likely have an opportunity in a QB competition to become the strter over someone lese, even a draft pick. I think it's a case of picking up talent while you can, and it also seems like a move that elsewhere in the FO wanted to do before, but couldn't while Jauron was still HC.

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Greg Bedard is a reliable source that espn had used to break several Green Bay stories. If he says Brohm is a Bill, Brohm is most likely a Bill.

The Bills have a history of not confirming reports because they wish to break it themselves, especially with the person at OBD so they can do a video package and story.

I don't know why this hasn't been made official, but I know my source is credible. :idunno:

psubills62
11-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I think it's a decent move tbh. At least it will give whoever comes in as HC more of an opportunity to see if he likes any of the QBs we have. In all honesty, I would think that is going to be between Edwards and Brohm, for all that Fitz has been made the starter atm. Brohm at least will likely have an opportunity in a QB competition to become the strter over someone lese, even a draft pick. I think it's a case of picking up talent while you can, and it also seems like a move that elsewhere in the FO wanted to do before, but couldn't while Jauron was still HC.

That's part of my problem. He became crappy when put in a competition for the backup job with Flynn in GB. Maybe he'll respond differently if he's competing for the starting spot. However, it would seem as though he'd do better if he was the unquestioned starter, even for half a year or so.

Dantheman1280
11-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Just got the text, he is for sure a Bill.

ServoBillieves
11-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Welcome #4! Become Brett Favre! Minus the flip flopping!

JD
11-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Welcome #4! Become Brett Favre! Minus the flip flopping!
He can flip flop every two days if he wants, as long as he wins us a Super Bowl first. :rockout:

EDS
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM

Agreed. Really no downside to taking a look at the guy.