PDA

View Full Version : Time for crow, I suppose

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 08:27 AM
I can not believe the total implosion of Trent Edwards. And even more stunning is that the Bills held on to JP for longer with worse play, IN MY OPINION. Even after that Jets game last year, they kept him on the roster through the end of the season and let him go.

Edwards, they are literally giving him every reason to know right now that they couldn't be more unhappy with him
1. the benching in the titans game
2. the discounted jersey in the pro shop
3. Jim Kelly saying repeatedly, "he is not the guy"
4. Firing Jauron who up until the titans game was willing to take the fall for the poor play
5. giving Fitz the start
6. bringing in brohm.

I don't recall the bills doing this to any other QB who played worse.

Oh well. Anyways, the point of the thread is that i thought Edwards was a project that had promise to work out. I really thought of the 3 things he had to improve on this year 1. throwing downfield, 2. staying healthy and 3. throw well in bad conditions, I thought he had a legitimate chance on 1 and 3. I knew staying healthy would be an issue.

I was 100% wrong on the guy.

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 08:35 AM
I finally gave up on him as the Titans game was ending. I walked down behind the Bills bench, took off my Edwards jersey and threw it on a pile of ice behind the Bills bench. I realized this was his last year as a Bill and didn't want to waste the space in my suitcase.

It did get a new lease on life however as a soldier (vet's day special seating) saw it as he walked by and gave it to two woman seated in the front row wearing wilson #37 t-shirts.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 09:20 AM
IMO, Trent was only better than JP when it came to running Dicks philosophy Play not to lose.

Trents downfall was when his confidence went down the crapper.

Vanilla Thunder
11-19-2009, 09:48 AM
i thought trent would do ok until he got hit last season and quit throwing passes over 10 yards. doesn't do a hell of a lot of good to complete 60%+ of your passes when they are for little or no gain

Philagape
11-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Adversity brings out one's true colors, and his gut check was a massive fail. He turned out to be a wuss. Many other QBs take a beating and don't regress into fetal position.

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Trent's composure early which helped him lead last minute drives was either sucked out of him through coaching, sucked out of him from the injury, or he just lost his way.

he might not be a bad backup for a warm weather team that only needs him for 2-3 games at most. his injuries were problematic.

Meathead
11-19-2009, 10:54 AM
2. the discounted jersey in the pro shop

where?

http://www.buffalobillsproshop.com/main_objgroup.cfm?nObjGroupID=1071&nPage=0

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 10:56 AM
meathead, it's gone. yesterday the edwards throwback was $72. everyone else stayed the same. but now its back to $80.

schubbard
11-19-2009, 11:49 AM
I still think that he has the potential to be a good QB in this league. Somewhere, the gutsy 4th quarter leader may still be in there... I think the combination of the Jauron philosophy and gutless receivers killed his confidence. When I watch other teams, I see receivers fighting for the ball. I don't ever remember seeing Lee Evans fight for a ball. I thought TO would be better, but no, obviously not. This is football, not sprinting. Fight for the damn ball!

All that being said, though, I would probably be looking for a new QB if I were the Bills, too. QBs and concussions just don't mix. Maybe that's what has already happened to the Trent from early last season... We already lost last season that way, and I have a hard time thinking he can ever get through an entire season, having already had multiple concussions...

HHURRICANE
11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I thinik Trent has the tools. Unfotunately, the Bills brought him up too quickly and they have proven time and time again that they can not develop players, especially at the QB position.

Parcells was and is a genuis at bringing up QBs. Bledsoe never played better than when Tuna was torturing him week in and week out.

If I had one guy to put on the sidelines to save Edwards career it would be him.

Edwards had to know he was screwed after they dismantled the entire line. He is not a guy that can play behind a suspect line. No way. Some guys can gut through it but he is not one of them. I think he's now in scaredy cat mode and it will take alot to get him out of it.

Unlike JP, I actually feel bad for him. I think he is a victim of the team's ineptness in the FO. Good luck, but good bye.

bigbub2352
11-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Trent in my opinion showed early potential but i believe alot of us including myself were fooled only because he was everything JP wasnt
Smart
Good with the ball
Lead the O
good in interveiws
but had a weak arm, and after getting hit more than most QBs he faltered and continued to regress under a horrible Oline and horrible playcalling
Coaching has to be to blame as well with trying the no huddle with such a patchwork OLine and a young Oline
Very Dumb
Trent ur days of a backup are ahead ur days of a starter are done