PDA

View Full Version : Trent deserves this...

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 09:24 AM
All last year as the Bills ship was sinking Trent was the biggest Jauron cheerleader. Now I understand Trent wouldn't throw him under the bus. But in every interview he went out of his way to praise Jauron.

How do you fire a coach that has his QBs unwavering and very vocal support?

At the time I thought, "It's fine going to bat for Jauron, but if he sucks again, Trent should carry that stigma with him."

So within the same week, Trent gets pulled, Jauron gets fired, Trent gets benched, and the Bills sign Brohm.

It's called Karma Trent. Karma.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 09:28 AM
You guys are being too harsh on Trent. It's hard to succeed when you don't have a coach that knows how to groom you.

elltrain22
11-19-2009, 09:31 AM
You guys are being too harsh on Trent. It's hard to succeed when you don't have a coach that knows how to groom you.

It's also hard when you check the mutha ***** ball down every MF'ing time.

The King
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Or a line to protect you. Trent's confidence was completely shattered this season. Trent was never ready to be an all pro he was certainly a project, everything was stacked against him, and he failed miserably.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
that's a Dick Philosophy.

elltrain22
11-19-2009, 09:35 AM
that's a Dick Philosophy.

we'll see this week. I hope your right. I believe that this is Trent who has it imbedded in him to check the ball, not trust his arm, and be a puss.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
we'll see this week. I hope your right. I believe that this is Trent who has it imbedded in him to check the ball, not trust his arm, and be a puss.
Dick created that monster.

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
The MNF football game against the Browns really seemed to be the turning point for Trent. Two first qtr picks. After that I have never seen a QB more scared to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

He made one real throw all game to Robert Royal on the final drive. Almost redeeemed himself.

But Dick decided to play for a 48yd FG.

THATHURMANATOR
11-19-2009, 09:51 AM
What player would talk **** about his coach?

Michael82
11-19-2009, 09:52 AM
It's a shame because he seemed like such a nice guy and I think that is also why him and Jauron shared such a special relationship. They were both such nice guys, but the sad truth is neither of them has any balls at all. :ill:

Iehoshua
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
What player would talk **** about his coach?
Larry Johnson.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2009, 10:07 AM
All last year as the Bills ship was sinking Trent was the biggest Jauron cheerleader. Now I understand Trent wouldn't throw him under the bus. But in every interview he went out of his way to praise Jauron.

At the time I thought, "It's fine going to bat for Jauron, but if he sucks again, Trent should carry that stigma with him."

So within the same week, Trent gets pulled, Jauron gets fired, Trent gets benched, and the Bills sign Brohm.

worst thread ever....... :down:

Don't Panic
11-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I will never blame Trent for our failures the way I do Rob Johnson and JP Losman. Jauron and the FO failed Edwards thus far... it would have been difficult for many QBs to succeed with the coaching and line that he has had. If this is indeed the end for Trent, I hold no ill will.... even if he did check down 90% of the time.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 10:42 AM
I will never blame Trent for our failures the way I do Rob Johnson and JP Losman. Jauron and the FO failed Edwards thus far... it would have been difficult for many QBs to succeed with the coaching and line that he has had. If this is indeed the end for Trent, I hold no ill will.... even if he did check down 90% of the time.
I agree with you except for Robosack.

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Trent has a list of excuses for his failure.

1. The OC was changed 3 times and each time they went to a greener and more inexperienced guy
2. the OL was made worse each and every year.

That being said, he was allowed to go back a bit, but he also needed to show flashes of brilliance. He needed to give us a TD against the Saints. He needed to finish that winnable Pats game. He needed to get points from the browns.

he could have been just as bad, but he needed to show that he was a competitor hungry to play. and that definitely disappeared. It would be interesting to know if Trent came out of his shell this upcoming week. but like i said in a different thread, it seems like the team is through with him.

baring how messed up his head is from the two concussions, i thought he could have been brought along better.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Trent has a list of excuses for his failure.

1. The OC was changed 3 times and each time they went to a greener and more inexperienced guy
2. the OL was made worse each and every year.

That being said, he was allowed to go back a bit, but he also needed to show flashes of brilliance. He needed to give us a TD against the Saints. He needed to finish that winnable Pats game. He needed to get points from the browns.

he could have been just as bad, but he needed to show that he was a competitor hungry to play. and that definitely disappeared. It would be interesting to know if Trent came out of his shell this upcoming week. but like i said in a different thread, it seems like the team is through with him.

baring how messed up his head is from the two concussions, i thought he could have been brought along better.

lol. You sound like a JP licker.

ChristopherWalken
11-19-2009, 10:52 AM
I personally do not have a problem with checking the ball down...it's just that you have to take chances throwing down the field as well. Trent plays scared. Something happened with his football mind after that concussion vs Ariizona last season.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2009, 10:58 AM
lol. You sound like a JP licker.

take one to know one. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
11-19-2009, 11:27 AM
It's hard for any coach to succeed when his QB's blow.

DraftBoy
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Trent failed on his lonesome, Dick didn't help, but he failed on basic levels that weren't do to gameplanning at all.

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 11:41 AM
i believe that trent got benched in the titans game because he threw to the wrong receiver. I think they saw that interception and just concluded, "he doesn't see what we are planning for" and that was the last straw.

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 11:43 AM
At one point Brohm was rated the second best QB in his draft. He was a steal off a practice squad, and with the signing Trent's Buffalo career is over. Let Brohm get some snaps as the season rolls on to see what we've got on him. Who knows? we might have gotten lucky for once.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Or a line to protect you. Trent's confidence was completely shattered this season. Trent was never ready to be an all pro he was certainly a project, everything was stacked against him, and he failed miserably.

Very fair. I feel bad for the guy because I think he has the tools. But I doubt he'll get another chance here.

Griff
11-19-2009, 02:24 PM

cause interceptions are better.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 02:26 PM
cause interceptions are better.
he checksdown that go for INTs and a TD for the other team. Thats why he should throw deep and if there's an INT we can maybe stop them from returning it for a TD.

Dr. Pepper
11-19-2009, 02:31 PM
trent is far too timorous and laid back (sounds like a contradiction, but whatever) to be an effective QB in this league. how could anyone buy so hard into Dick's philosophy that they actually BECOME Dick Jr.???

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Nobody is saying checkdowns are bad all the time. But, Trent didn't have one gunslinging bone in his body.

And yes, if a QB constantly goes out of his way to tell the the media that the coach is great when he clearly is not - and never was (1 in 8 winning seasons) that should and does highlight the QBs lack of judgment. That should be held against him.

Trent honestly believed Jauron was a great coach. Anyone else want to defend that? Trent is an idiot. I'll be happy when he's playing in the UFL next season.

Griff
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
he checksdown that go for INTs and a TD for the other team. Thats why he should throw deep and if there's an INT we can maybe stop them from returning it for a TD.
*facepalm* go watch the locos.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 07:29 PM
*facepalm* go watch the locos.

i know you hate the truth because the truth proves you are wrong and nothing more than a trent licker.

Nighthawk
11-19-2009, 07:44 PM

It just shows how stupid Edwards really is....

starrymessenger
11-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Trent was not the only Bill to publicly hero worship DJ. In fact they all did. I blame salty vets like Kawicka more. Trent is obviously a child. He may even be ******ed (Dakota Fanning - give me a break). Maybe someday he will grow up. I hope so for his sake.

BillsFever21
11-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Edwards never improved one bit from his rookie season. He is gutless and won't even try to push the ball to the field.

What happened to all these people that claimed he was a "smart" and "accurate" QB. This guy is worse then Losman even was. At least Losman could get the ball to the WR's. Trent can't/won't even try to get the ball to them and he has a hell of a lot more weapons at his disposable then we have had in Buffalo in a long time.

Fitzpatrick is even worse and Edwards should be given the rest of the season but it doesn't matter anyway. If after three years you still can't complete normal everyday passes that almost EVERY QB makes on a WEEKLY BASIS then there isn't much else anybody can do for him. Not to mention the guy can't make it more then 5 or 6 games without getting injured.

Maybe Losman and Trent will be playing against each other in the UFL next year. One thing that is for sure is that Trent is not a starting QB if even an NFL QB. He is the most gutless QB I have ever seen. He is scared to throw the ball. That is not a good thing when you're a QB. Good riddance.

djjimkelly
11-21-2009, 06:50 PM

i can say that about every player on this roster or that was here under jauron

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Trent failed on his lonesome, Dick didn't help, but he failed on basic levels that weren't do to gameplanning at all.
you have to admit that dick's philosophies did not help any. i will admit i dislike trent more than most but i saw glimmers of hope last year. i truly believe dick ruined this kid.

jonah7777
11-22-2009, 09:44 AM
that's if there is a UFL next year this thing will fade away faster then the Arena game did