• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Wilson Says Big Changes in store

from the AP,

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson tells The Associated Press he’s prepared to revamp his entire football operation after the season.
    Wilson said Thursday he’ll make a full review and stresses there’s a “lot of work to do.” Wilson adds there could be changes at any position and it’s possible he’ll bring in a general manager with a football background or make a lucrative offer to land a high-profile coach.

Wilson spoke by phone from his home in suburban Detroit two days after firing coach Dick Jauron and replacing him with defensive coordinator Perry Fewell for the rest of the season.
    The Bills are 3-6 and in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for a 10th straight year.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Wilson Says Big Changes in store

I am soooooo liking what I'm hearing lately from Ralph, and unlike other years, I really feel like these are NOT just empty promises. This offseason can't get hear soon enough!!
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I might be making this up, but isn't Parcells' contract with Miami up after this year? I'm pretty sure Parcells + big name coach would be too much to hope for. Actually, Parcells alone is probably too much to hope for.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

Changes??? really this team needs changes?!?

Comment

• Beastie Bills
          Senior Zoner
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by elltrain22
          I am soooooo liking what I'm hearing lately from Ralph, and unlike other years, I really feel like these are NOT just empty promises. This offseason can't get hear soon enough!!
          I'm cautiously optimistic. When I heard about Shanahan, I was pumped. But now, hearing the Cowher rumor, and this latest quote from Ralph, I find myself becoming skeptical of this whole thing.

I feel like they're just setting the bar high to drum up interest, and get the fans into it again, but they're just gonna bring in another loser and let us down.

Comment

• Vanilla Thunder
            • Mar 2006

i dont' understand the love for parcells. has he won anything since he was with the giants?
            I don't step aside. I step up. ~ Vic Mackey

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

"Anybody that says I’m cheap is looking down the wrong side of the street," Wilson said.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Wow! This kind of stuff just excites me more and more. It seems like Ralph realizes that this is his last chance and wants to go out with a bang. Either that, or maybe there's something that people haven't talked about.... maybe he's already working behind the scenes on selling part of the team or all the team next year and knows that he will have the cash to do this move now.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

“It’s not about money, it’s about winning,” Wilson said by phone from his home in suburban Detroit.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

I'll believe it when I see it. That's just where I'm at from being burned time and time again with this team.

It takes two to tango, and just because the Bills want Shanahan doesn't mean that Shanahan is going to sign, same with Cowher.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Ralph finally realizes that after who knows how long in the National Football League he's on his last leg of life and wants that ring to be buried with. If he can keep that ticker going for one more year with Shanny or the Chin as coach and a healthy corp of players he'll see that AFC playoff picture clearly again.

Never thought I'd say this, but HANG IN THERE RALPH!
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                        • Mar 2003

Parcells can rebuild teams fast. But I hate his Giants, Cowboys, Fins, Jets, Pats stank. Look at that list.

If not for a missed FG he'd be that coach that once won a SB back in 1986.
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                          • Mar 2003

Did Ralph get visited by the ghosts of Superbowls Past, Present, and Future over the weekend?
                          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                            • Sep 2004

we might buy the Colts soon, who knows.
                            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
                              Changes??? really this team needs changes?!?

selling the team is one change that needs to be done.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X