PDA

View Full Version : What is your minimal expectation for the team this year record-wise?

WG
05-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Assuming a relatively normal season, i.e., a moderate and average level of injuries, average development of players already on the team, the expected contributions from new players such as Spikes, Adams, and Posey, what is your minimal expectation for team success this season upcoming?

I.e., what record where if we get below it, will you consider the season a failure?

LtBillsFan66
05-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Although I would not consider the season a failure if it doesn't happen, I am expecting 11-5 or better. Again, there are too many ifs ands and buts.

BigMike68
05-30-2003, 11:32 AM
I expect 11-5 and consider 10-6 as low as I would accept. and I would also conider 12-4 and up a great job by Gregg.

The Natrix
05-30-2003, 11:44 AM
If 9-7 is good enough to get to the second round, then fine.

Valerie
05-30-2003, 11:48 AM
I think 10-6 is acceptable. :)

Novacane
05-30-2003, 11:56 AM
10-6 is good in a tough divison like ours

WG
05-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I'm thinkin' this team is a 12-4 team if:

A. Properly coached
B. It's key players don't make rookie errors often
C. Everyone we have plays at least to their average level
D. Our younger players (2nd and 3rd year players) step up at least a little

After today's quote by GW I fear that A. won't happen however, which I've been fearing since last season and will continue to fear until it does not come to pass.

As well, you know my position on Drew, especially lately. :) He definitely has something to prove in the area of B. as does Henry w/ his fumbles.

I'm expecting C & D to happen w/ the possible exception of Posey.

So if Gilbride/GW really don't "not change anything" and if Drew doesn't make the stupid errors that are gonna give 5-8 games away, then I'm fully expecting us to be 11-5 or 12-4. The worst I can see us being is 8-8 again. Even w/ poor coaching and a schlew of injuries, I think we'd be 8-8. But I would consider 8-8 and 9-7 to be totally underachieving and the only way I'm happy w/ 10-6 is w/ a normal degree of injuries. If we were to skate on injuries again this season, then I'd expect at least 11-5.

Ingtar33
05-30-2003, 12:11 PM
all things considered (injuries, disappointments, bad coaching, and bad officiating) I would be extremely disappointed if this team does not get to 9-7.

they have the talent now to overcome the worst sort of luck and bad injuries, so seriously 9-7 is the lowest record I reasonably expect them to achieve.

Last year I fully expected the team to get to 7-9... I was pleasantly surprised that they made it to 8-8 (a minor miracle when you consider how bad the defense was for much of the year). This year I expect them to get to 10-6 (barring any mega signings or trades)... and don't think that 9-7 is an unreasonable expectation as the minimum I expect (as per the question, which asks what the min record I'd accept will be).

WG
05-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Looks like 10-6 or so is about the average...

Romes
05-30-2003, 07:17 PM
I expect 10-6 but 9-7 would be minimum.

Captain gameboy
05-30-2003, 08:30 PM
9-7.
But, I expect four of our losses will be very close games that we will win in 2004.
I think it will take at least five games for the defense to get near it's potential, maybe longer.
There's been a lot of changes over the last two years, and there's something to be said about continuity.

JefftheBillsfan
05-30-2003, 08:36 PM
i expect 11-5 with 10-6 the min.

LABillsFan
05-31-2003, 01:02 AM
Whatever it takes to get in the playoffs. 9-7 is what I expect from the Bills this year and that could be enough, if they go at the very least, 4-2 in the division, 7-5 against the AFC and 2-2 against the NFCE. I don't see any team in the AFCE doing better than 10-6 so it will go down the tie breakers for the wild card spot. This is totally within reach, but, the D has to stop the run, our DB's have to learn how to catch, Henry has to cuts down on the fumbles and the Oline needs to take a step forward from last year.

WG
05-31-2003, 01:09 AM
I guess I'm partially at a loss here!

Last year we were told that we were 8-8 solely b/c of Drew coming here and that the only thing holding us back was the D.

Well, now we've fixed the D to a level of respect and one that should be worlds above last years not to mention that we solved our clear #1 defensive problem/issue in not being able to stop the run w/ the signing of both Adams and Spikes.

So why is it all of a sudden that only a game better than where we finished last season is acceptible to all?

Was the D not really the entire issue last year or what? Again, I'm perplexed by the paradoxical positioning here.

LABillsFan
05-31-2003, 01:49 AM
I think its going to be a stronger schedual. Last year was the hardest of all teams before the season started, but that was based on the previous years standings, a lot of teams improved this off season along with the Bills so I really don't buy into the strength of schedual. Besides, you asked minimal, to me 9-7 is minimal, 11-5 could happen, but there are a lot of intangables that could effect any team's record. Holy ****, my dog has gas. WOOOOO that's bad.

mypoorfriendme
05-31-2003, 03:17 AM
as of now i am hopeing for atleast a ten win season, but can easily see us falling a game or so short. yes we did rebuild or defense, but what about offense? no peerless price anymore or passing threats like centers or reimersma. were changing our entire style of offense and could hit some road bumps before we can expect a 11-5 minumum

The_Philster
06-01-2003, 04:30 PM
2001 3-13
2002 8-8

Doesn't that mean...
2003 13-3 ;)

THenPitBull
06-04-2003, 04:39 PM
10 or 11 win season, wild card win, or competitive divisonal loss.
overall team improvement.
no major injuries to key players or role players.
fans at Ralph who rock it out.
beter attendance at the last game of the season regardless of the seasons fate at that point, people come on i went to cinci last year, it was 5/12 full at best.
TKO break Ricky.
Drew not have a game like last year against GB.
beat the pats twice, not get swept by jets, sweep fins

THenPitBull
06-04-2003, 04:43 PM
10-6 would be fine. Let's get to the playoffs tho and do something. At least look competitive.