PDA

View Full Version : Why now, Ralph?

JD
11-19-2009, 11:13 AM
I think it has a lot to do with selling his product up north. He feels the Bills will be far more viable in a larger market like Toronto and selling a ****ty product won't get him there. I'm sorry, I just don't think this old ***** is doing it for us, the fans. He probably just awoke from his coma realizing, "wow.. a good football team is worth more money!"

This is not meant to just be doom and gloom, because with a successful franchise.. you gain more interest. More interest = luxury suite buyers/potential new owners who would keep the team in the area.

It sucks that the last 10 years have taken 20 years off my life, but one Super Bowl win should gain those back :brush:

bigbub2352
11-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Cause of the fans
the media
the embarressment nationwide
that we are a laughin stock

T-Long
11-19-2009, 11:54 AM
jesus, just enjoy it will ya??!!

hydro
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
jesus, just enjoy it will ya??!!

Famous last words until a let down. As a Bills fan you just have to feel it is coming until proven otherwise.

RockStar36
11-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I have to think the Bud Adams incident might have woken him up a little bit.

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Exactly. Bud Adams.

To whoever recorded Bud Adams flipping the Bills the finger on his camera my heartfelt thanks.

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 12:51 PM
i'm realistic. i understand the bills might not be in buffalo for the long haul. Win us a championship before you leave for the name of buffalo, and i die a happy man. And that's just the truth speaking.

If ralph is doing this for a move or has alterior motives, i don't care. i want a superbowl when i can actually move around and drink a good amount. The time is now. get it done!

Demon
11-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Jim Kelly said yesterday that Ralph realizes this may be his last coaching hire and he wants to make it right. Kelly said that Ralph does feel like he owes it to the fans. He wants to see his team successful the last years of his life and allow the fans to enjoy it. But also, Kelly said, he is doing this for himself, he wants to be a winner one more time.

The theories are all nice and dandy, but i just don't think that is what's going on here.

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 01:05 PM
dealing with one's own mortality can be a bizarre thing. Call it the Scrooge effect. He may very well been met by the 3 ghosts of Bills past. One that took him to all the awful 70's and mid 80's team, then the 90's teams. the second took him to every single pathetic dick jauron loss through last week, and then the ghost of the Bills future probably scared him straight.

I think the simplest answer is the right answer here. He wants to go down swinging and you can't help but respect that.