PDA

View Full Version : Mccoy, Tebow got Negative grades by McShay & Kiper

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Mccoy

McShay said at best he'll be a backup QB in NFL. Will have trouble finding a system he'll fit into in next level.

Kiper said he's a Dink and Dunker. never throws the ball down the field. At best a Jake Plummer clone. Will need a Shanahan to help him in next level.

Tebow

They both said will be a HB/wild cat QB but will have trouble in that style as well due to speed. Kiper said 5th or 6th round. Mcshay said 3rd.

bigbub2352
11-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Tebow will have to prove it on the next level or move to TE like a Chris Cooley type

OpIv37
11-19-2009, 11:49 AM
ok then- who do they like as far as QB's from this class?

Claussen? He may not even come out, and I don't think he has the big-game poise for the NFL level.

Bradford? He missed most of the season with an injury so he'd have a lot of make-up work to do.

Who else?

DraftBoy
11-19-2009, 11:56 AM
This is not a good QB class year, period.

psubills62
11-19-2009, 11:57 AM

Quantity, but not much quality?

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Seems like Brohm is your stop gap until the line is fortified. and that's fine. the draft class blows this year for QB's.

This paves the way for the bills to draft a real deal top LT who contributes right away. Just one player could make a huge difference to a talented backfield, a decent TE in Nelson and Evans, Johnson, Hardy and maybe a legit free agent with size (WHO WANTS TO BE HERE)

the bills season could be totally different in one year with the right choices. if the line can improve with an LT pickup (and remember it wasn't that god awful for a week and a half), we have a little depth in meredith and bell to handle minor injuries. That could make brohm succeeding a little more possible.

but if it doesn't work out, we take a pounding, pick a qb, and then we're looking at a young qb with a gelled line and if shanny is the guy, pretty much any RB will be successful.

The question that needs to be addressed is D. They are awful. There is no talent anywhere on the front 7. It needs a major overhaul from aged players like schobel, to nobodies like everyone else.

The offense has been so pathetic despite its talent that they could turn it around really quick. The D has been servicable because teams have elected to pass on us even though we leave the door wide open for the run. We need a brand new front 7 and we need some real playmakers, not just sufficient players. I don't think they can turn it around as quick. They may need a 2-3 years.

DraftBoy
11-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Quantity, but not much quality?

Not a ton of quantity either, at least not top shelf quantity.

You have guys who shouldn't be in the drafted before pick 20, going in the top 5. Anytime you have a guy with a serious arm injury going top 10, you have a bad bad class. Some teams will reach badly for a QB next April and get caught with their hand in the empty cookie jar. I hope we are not one of them.

DraftBoy
11-19-2009, 12:03 PM
My ideal situation right now would be to sign Brohm and draft a later mid round guy to develop.

A Jarrett Brown, John Skelton, etc type.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 12:14 PM
They only talked about those 2 players on show.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 12:15 PM
DB. If Okung drops do you draft him?

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Mccoy

McShay said at best he'll be a backup QB in NFL. Will have trouble finding a system he'll fit into in next level.

Kiper said he's a Dink and Dunker. never throws the ball down the field. At best a Jake Plummer clone. Will need a Shanahan to help him in next level.

Tebow

They both said will be a HB/wild cat QB but will have trouble in that style as well due to speed. Kiper said 5th or 6th round. Mcshay said 3rd.

That's what I have said about both all year. McCoy is captain checkdown 2.0, and Tebow will never be an NFL QB.

But people think McCoy is flashy and Tebow is Jesus.

There is just no convincing Bills fans! :jig:

kernowboy
11-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Okung won't probably slide out of the Top5 as either the Lions or Chiefs will go after him, but Bruce Campbell of Maryland might be a superior consulation prize

YoungEz
11-19-2009, 12:41 PM
That's what I have said about both all year. McCoy is captain checkdown 2.0, and Tebow will never be an NFL QB.

But people think McCoy is flashy and Tebow is Jesus.

There is just no convincing Bills fans! :jig:

Tim Tebow is maybe the greatest/well known college football star and goes to Florida and is still a virgin... and helps out poor countries in his free time...

Pretty sure that makes Tebow, Jesus... Now the question is can Jesus play in the NFL?

Now if Belicheck is the Devil, which I feel is pretty obvious maybe Tebow is the answer for the Bills

SABURZFAN
11-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Not a ton of quantity either, at least not top shelf quantity.

You have guys who shouldn't be in the drafted before pick 20, going in the top 5. Anytime you have a guy with a serious arm injury going top 10, you have a bad bad class. Some teams will reach badly for a QB next April and get caught with their hand in the empty cookie jar. I hope we are not one of them.

i have a feeling that if Snead falls to the Bills in the 2nd Round, they'll draft him.

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Okung won't probably slide out of the Top5 as either the Lions or Chiefs will go after him, but Bruce Campbell of Maryland might be a superior consulation prize

Will Bruce be bringing the Army of Darkness with him?

If you got it your cool. If not, sorry.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 01:32 PM
i have a feeling that if Snead falls to the Bills in the 2nd Round, they'll draft him.

I wouldn't mind Snead, Locker, Pike in Round 2. Solidify the OL!

Dr. Pepper
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
how about either of the MAC QBs in the mid rounds?? Hiller or LeFevour?

Dr. Pepper
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
also, please please please please please dont draft snead.

jamze132
11-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I think we need to do what we need to do to get Okung. If that means lose out, so be it. He is a cornerstone.

BUT, I regress, we'll probably end up taking one of the crapper's of a QB or another DB.

tampabay25690
11-19-2009, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't mind Snead, Locker, Pike in Round 2. Solidify the OL!

Locker will be gone in the top 5 picks....
Snead will be playing in OLE MISS and PIKE is a 3rounder at best.

Raptor
11-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Mccoy

Tebow

Agree with them both, nothing really groundbreaking either all you need to do is watch them and everything Kiper and McShay said is clear as day

Patti120
11-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Brohm or maybe we bring in a vet for a few years as a stop-gap until we can draft a quality guy the following year maybe.

BillyT92679
11-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Ryan Mallett, if he comes out, I think would be the steal of the draft. Get him in the second, let him backup next year, and start him in 2011. He has all the tools.

Ingtar33
11-19-2009, 07:12 PM

thank you.

Draftboy and i have been saying that McCoy and Tebow would make poor pros all season. Oh well don't listen to the billszone draft expert and the former nfl college scout.

There are some interesting juniors this year... and two seniors i'm interested in.

Bradford and Hiller are the seniors.

outside of those guys... there isn't much.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Buffalo may skip on the QB spot like you said and go with Brohm and have Edwards back him up until the next year if we don't like this QB class. Or possibly bring in Jeff Garcia, Griese type in a backup role as a winner Veteran.

DraftBoy
11-19-2009, 08:07 PM
thank you.

Draftboy and i have been saying that McCoy and Tebow would make poor pros all season. Oh well don't listen to the billszone draft expert and the former nfl college scout.

There are some interesting juniors this year... and two seniors i'm interested in.

Bradford and Hiller are the seniors.

outside of those guys... there isn't much.

I have more interest in Jarrett Brown than Bradford. But Brown is that mythical QB prospect who has a killer arm, great athleticism but can he put it all together?