PDA

View Full Version : Edwards is obviously done. I think they will start Brohm for the rest of the season.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2009, 11:57 AM
I am pretty convinced that Fitzpatrick is playing so they can tee up Brohm. If Edwards had played well on Sunday it might have been harder to bench him.

Fitzpatrick will be putrid and it will be pretty easy to let Brohm play.

I actually like it. Why not at this point?

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Like I have said in two other threads, I have heard (no link - this was a conversation with somebody) that Brohm is likely to start the last 1-3 games this year.

DMBcrew36
We'll see. It would make sense to play Brohm, but who really knows.

trapezeus
i think this brohm pick up signals the teams overall downward view on QB's in the draft. they realize they can't sell edwards again next year and fitz isn't the option. So they bring in brohm, let him familiarize himself with the language, and then go solidify the line in the draft.

Why else sign him to two years?

bigbub2352
11-19-2009, 12:02 PM
at this point it makes sense let them all addition for the new regime, who stays and who goes
Brohm comes very hungry hopefully after being a hi draft pick then a yr later be on the PS

I am all for this signing and him starting as well Hamden was a loser

ServoBillieves
11-19-2009, 12:04 PM
With 0 knowledge of the playbook I don't see him playing until the end of the season (as stated above).

Throwing a guy to the dogs behind that line and with his head nowhere near where it should be in AVP's playbook it would be a career suicide mission to throw him out early.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
With 0 knowledge of the playbook I don't see him playing until the end of the season (as stated above).

Throwing a guy to the dogs behind that line and with his head nowhere near where it should be in AVP's playbook it would be a career suicide mission to throw him out early.

If he played pop warner than he already knows the playbook.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2009, 12:08 PM

I love how that excuse doesn't work for Edwards but it works for the new guy. This is why I hate this site sometimes.

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 12:11 PM
That is smart by the Bills if they do. He was rated the second best QB in his draft. Lets see what he's got.