PDA

View Full Version : next up: ****ner

The Juice Is Loose
11-19-2009, 12:24 PM
If we're cutting loose baggage, starting with Dick was the right choice. The next bum I want outta here is Whitner. Byrd could use the same excuses as all of ****ner's supporters, but he doesn't need to, because he has produced.

Even if ****ner made the vet minimum next season I still don't want him on the team. He crowned himself as some big shot and team ambassador when he got drafted, he's been a complete bust, let's ship this scrub back to Cleveland where him and Ass-ton Yousucky belong.

JD
11-19-2009, 12:26 PM
knife!

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
What did you call him that brought out the ****?

McBFLO
11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Clever nicknames.

OpIv37
11-19-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm certainly no fan of Whitner, but as of now, the only better safety we have is Byrd and we need two starters. I only want him gone if we find a replacement that's better, or at least equal but cheaper.

yordad
11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
What did you call him that brought out the ****?Another word for Poop I think.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
lets wait and see what the next coach says

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Byrd is a ball hawk but hasn't played well against the run, and with Whitner out or run D is atrocious. Whitner + Byrd is a pretty good safety combo. Why waste a high pick next season on a safety when we need those draft picks pretty much everywhere else.

Whitner stays for at least another season, and maybe together, him and Byrd will be lockdown.

OpIv37
11-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Byrd is a ball hawk but hasn't played well against the run, and with Whitner out or run D is atrocious. Whitner + Byrd is a pretty good safety combo. Why waste a high pick next season on a safety when we need those draft picks pretty much everywhere else.

Whitner stays for at least another season, and maybe together, him and Byrd will be lockdown.

Our run D was atrocious with Whitner in as well. This team has given up a number of long runs with Whitner on the field. I'm not saying they were all his fault- I'm just pointing out that Whitner being on the field isn't an automatic upgrade to the run D.

However, I do agree that this team has much higher priorities than replacing Whitner- QB, LT, RT, LB, DE, DT and arguably TE should be addressed first.

Dr. Pepper
11-19-2009, 02:25 PM
whitner is fine... hes not good but hes not a liability. lets focus on the other 46 holes on the team first.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Why would you want to get rid of Whitner yet keep Wilson, Wendling, Scott. Whitner has been a disappointment but still the 2nd best safety by far. We are fine at Safety.

I feel Poz gets a far larger free pass than Whitner. They both have not lived upto hype but you can't get rid of them as they are still better than a lot of other scrubs on roster in same positions.

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Is TE really a big need? Nelson is barely involved in the offense. Is that on him or the pop warner offense?

(TommyBoy voice) "Remember when the Bills selected McGahee one pick before Dallas Clark? Yeah, that was so awesome."

BuffaloRanger
11-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Dr Pepper's arms are disproportionatley long. Just saying...

Dr. Pepper
11-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Dr Pepper's arms are disproportionatley long. Just saying...

true story, im a freak of nature.

The Juice Is Loose
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM

because no franchise in their right mind would waste a top pick on a safety.

A) the position by nature has constant injuries (ed reed, polamalu, sanders, whitner all have missed tons of games this year and in years past)

B) polamalu and reed weren't top 10 picks. byrd was a 2nd rounder. proof that you can get just as good a safety in the 2nd or 3rd as you can in the first.

C) look at the teams that have taken safeties early. raiders-huff/redskins-landry/bills-whitner...all are joke teams.

D) shipping whitner out doesn't really create that much of a hole. we could pick up a safety in the 4th round to replace him.

the fact is, he's the "jauron" symbol to me. it was his first pick. that's what pretty much summed up the entire tenure here. wasted picks, lackluster performance, the attitude that they are awesome even when they aren't.

haha as we speak ross tucker is saying jauron shouldn't have been fired, and he over accomplished with scrub players.

The Juice Is Loose
11-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Why would you want to get rid of Whitner yet keep Wilson, Wendling, Scott. Whitner has been a disappointment but still the 2nd best safety by far. We are fine at Safety.

I feel Poz gets a far larger free pass than Whitner. They both have not lived upto hype but you can't get rid of them as they are still better than a lot of other scrubs on roster in same positions.

poz was a 2nd round pick

poz didn't hold out

poz hasn't gotten arrested/tasered

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 04:29 PM
poz was a 2nd round pick

poz didn't hold out

poz hasn't gotten arrested/tasered

Whitner should have been a 2nd rder. Whitner has been on the field longer. Poz has been injured over 50% of his career.