• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

next up: ****ner

If we're cutting loose baggage, starting with Dick was the right choice. The next bum I want outta here is Whitner. Byrd could use the same excuses as all of ****ner's supporters, but he doesn't need to, because he has produced.

Even if ****ner made the vet minimum next season I still don't want him on the team. He crowned himself as some big shot and team ambassador when he got drafted, he's been a complete bust, let's ship this scrub back to Cleveland where him and Ass-ton Yousucky belong.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: next up: ****ner

knife!
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
      • Mar 2003

What did you call him that brought out the ****?
      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• McBFLO
        • Mar 2003

Clever nicknames.
        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I'm certainly no fan of Whitner, but as of now, the only better safety we have is Byrd and we need two starters. I only want him gone if we find a replacement that's better, or at least equal but cheaper.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
            What did you call him that brought out the ****?
            Another word for Poop I think.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

lets wait and see what the next coach says
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Byrd is a ball hawk but hasn't played well against the run, and with Whitner out or run D is atrocious. Whitner + Byrd is a pretty good safety combo. Why waste a high pick next season on a safety when we need those draft picks pretty much everywhere else.

Whitner stays for at least another season, and maybe together, him and Byrd will be lockdown.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                  Byrd is a ball hawk but hasn't played well against the run, and with Whitner out or run D is atrocious. Whitner + Byrd is a pretty good safety combo. Why waste a high pick next season on a safety when we need those draft picks pretty much everywhere else.

Whitner stays for at least another season, and maybe together, him and Byrd will be lockdown.
                  Our run D was atrocious with Whitner in as well. This team has given up a number of long runs with Whitner on the field. I'm not saying they were all his fault- I'm just pointing out that Whitner being on the field isn't an automatic upgrade to the run D.

However, I do agree that this team has much higher priorities than replacing Whitner- QB, LT, RT, LB, DE, DT and arguably TE should be addressed first.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                    • Apr 2008

whitner is fine... hes not good but hes not a liability. lets focus on the other 46 holes on the team first.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Why would you want to get rid of Whitner yet keep Wilson, Wendling, Scott. Whitner has been a disappointment but still the 2nd best safety by far. We are fine at Safety.

I feel Poz gets a far larger free pass than Whitner. They both have not lived upto hype but you can't get rid of them as they are still better than a lot of other scrubs on roster in same positions.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        • Mar 2003

Is TE really a big need? Nelson is barely involved in the offense. Is that on him or the pop warner offense?

(TommyBoy voice) "Remember when the Bills selected McGahee one pick before Dallas Clark? Yeah, that was so awesome."
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                          • Mar 2003

Dr Pepper's arms are disproportionatley long. Just saying...
                          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                            Dr Pepper's arms are disproportionatley long. Just saying...
                            true story, im a freak of nature.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BillsWin

because no franchise in their right mind would waste a top pick on a safety.

A) the position by nature has constant injuries (ed reed, polamalu, sanders, whitner all have missed tons of games this year and in years past)

B) polamalu and reed weren't top 10 picks. byrd was a 2nd rounder. proof that you can get just as good a safety in the 2nd or 3rd as you can in the first.

C) look at the teams that have taken safeties early. raiders-huff/redskins-landry/bills-whitner...all are joke teams.

D) shipping whitner out doesn't really create that much of a hole. we could pick up a safety in the 4th round to replace him.

the fact is, he's the "jauron" symbol to me. it was his first pick. that's what pretty much summed up the entire tenure here. wasted picks, lackluster performance, the attitude that they are awesome even when they aren't.

haha as we speak ross tucker is saying jauron shouldn't have been fired, and he over accomplished with scrub players.

Comment

Working...
                              X