BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 03:39 PM
1. Charlie Frye
2. Kelly Holcomb
3. Tim Couch
4. Derek Anderson
5. Brady Quinn
6. They will draft another one this year

Since Kelly we've failed with Todd Collins,Rob Johnson, Losman, Holcomb, Edwards. We at least had mild success with Flutie and Bledsoe. Law of averages say you're bound to eventually pick the right QB.

Night Train
11-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Sma Bradford seems logical for their trend.

northernbillfan
11-19-2009, 04:00 PM
How can Brady Quinn be called a failure? The guy has only been in the league for one and a half seasons. Newbies need time to develop, hopefully under the tutalage of a seasoned Vet, before they should be thrown into the fire. Quinn was tossed to the wolves early in his career and hasn't had time to develop his skills.

Now if he's acting the same way in another season or two, then you can call him a failure.

I did like what Gruden said about him in the late stages of the game. Quinn was finally throwing the ball downfield and trying to hit long targets when Gruden said, "I like to see him finally go deep, but it would be nice if he kept it in the field of play." :rofl:

THATHURMANATOR
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Quinn clearly blows.

Demon
11-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Jimmy Clausen to Browns... lock it up.

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 04:22 PM
The Browns will screw up again and pick Locker.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 04:23 PM
The Browns will screw up again and pick Locker.

I like Locker. Ithink they'll take Claussen.

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
quinn is kind of in this edwards mode. He seems to sulk at the difficulty of the job at hand. and that doesn't help the situation any. He throws the short stuff on monday night expecting to score points and seemed to get frustrated by the lack of movement. Then when he was desperate, he looked even worse. That sounds like Trent's titans game.

Quinn isn't going to make it anywhere.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2009, 05:27 AM
What? No mention of Ty Detmer or Spurgeon Wynn?

Where's Jeff Garcia?

YardRat
11-20-2009, 05:51 AM
They should have signed Brian Brohm off of the Pack's practice squad, then all of their past miscues would be forgotten.

X-Era
11-20-2009, 05:58 AM
1. Charlie Frye
2. Kelly Holcomb
3. Tim Couch
4. Derek Anderson
5. Brady Quinn

Since Kelly we've failed with Todd Collins,Rob Johnson, Losman, Holcomb, Edwards. We at least had mild success with Flutie and Bledsoe. Law of averages say you're bound to eventually pick the right QB.

Its an age old argument.

Is it all the QB or is it the surrounding team?

For example, there may be QB's that look as good as they do because of the team they are on, and vice versa.

My opinion is that it plays a part, but our QB's arent very good either.

On this team, its both... QB's that aren't good, a team that's not very good, FO, HC....

If Brady Quinn played for the Saints or NE, I could still see them going to the playoffs.

But its hypothetical and cant be proven.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2009, 06:10 AM
1. Charlie Frye
2. Kelly Holcomb
3. Tim Couch
4. Derek Anderson
5. Brady Quinn

Looking at those lists does anyone really wonder why the Browns/Bills have sucked the past 10 years?

Let's not forget that the Browns also had the great Belicheck as head coach at one point. Just more proof that talented players is more important than who's the coach.

Historian
11-20-2009, 07:45 AM
7. Bernie Kosar

Historian
11-20-2009, 07:45 AM
8. Mike Phipps

Historian
11-20-2009, 07:47 AM
9. Vinnie Testaverde

Historian
11-20-2009, 07:48 AM
10. Eric Zier

Jan Reimers
11-20-2009, 07:50 AM
What? No mention of Ty Detmer or Spurgeon Wynn?

Where's Jeff Garcia?
How can a guy named Spurgeon succeed at anything?

Mr. Pink
11-20-2009, 07:59 AM
How can a guy named Spurgeon succeed at anything?

He was a visionary QB.

Great even!

The team held him back and poor coaching doomed him

/sarcasm

TacklingDummy
11-20-2009, 11:23 AM
He was a visionary QB.

Great even!

The team held him back and poor coaching doomed him

/sarcasm
Sounds like a Bills QB.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Quinn was finally throwing the ball downfield and trying to hit long targets when Gruden said, "I like to see him finally go deep, but it would be nice if he kept it in the field of play." :rofl:

:rofl: That was pretty funny. I agree I cant call Quinn a failure yet either. He is in a bad situation in Cleveland.

PECKERWOOD
11-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Why would they take Clausen? They may be skeptical of Notre Dame prospects at QB.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2009, 05:04 AM
:rofl: That was pretty funny. I agree I cant call Quinn a failure yet either. He is in a bad situation in Cleveland.

No, he's a failure.

He was a failure in college against bigger programs and is a huge failure in the NFL.

He's easily the worst QB the Browns have started since 1999.

PECKERWOOD
11-21-2009, 05:06 AM
No, he's a failure.

He was a failure in college against bigger programs and is a huge failure in the NFL.

He's easily the worst QB the Browns have started since 1999.
Should of never benched Anderson while he was on fire, it completely destroyed his confidence.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2009, 05:09 AM
Should of never benched Anderson while he was on fire, it completely destroyed his confidence.

I think DA caught the league by surprise in his first season without having a way to really prepare for him.

Now that teams have film on him, they can stop him.

I don't think it's a confidence issue, it's a the league caught up to a guy with a big arm and weak accuracy. Of course the Browns receivers couldn't catch a cold either, including ex-Brown Braylon Edwards.