PDA

View Full Version : Ross Tucker ripped the Bills apart on Romes burning

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Said Jauron should not be fired. He should be commended for finishing 7-9 for 3 years with the pathetic roster they had had over the last few years and injuries. Said he honestly feels we have starters that would not even be on an active roster of any other nfl team.

He said the real problem in Buffalo is talent evaluation and giving the wrong guys the money. He said look around the NFL and you see studs like Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, London Fletcher, Clements, Jason Peters. They let wrong guys walk away and give deals to wrong guys like Langston Walker, Dockery, and TO.

I somewhat agree with him on talent evaluation. But disagree with him in terms of Jauron. Jauron stinks. And has failed his entire career. But he is right that it goes further than the coach, they need a true football operation guy to make the right calls on decisions.

malo
11-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I totally agree about the talent.

Coach Sal
11-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Of course he's wrong. He's not very good, either. I love SIRIUS NFL Radio, but I can hardly listen to Ross when he's on. I don't think he's very good at all.

To his points, a pathetic roster and talent evaluation is directly related to Dick Jauron. Sure, some of those guys were here and gone before DJ, but he's had 4 years and completely failed to develop anyone. I can't think of many players who have actually gotten significantly better in Jauron's tenure as coach. Most have actually regressed.

DJ signed off on the OLine moves and is part of the reason this team gave so much money to those "wrong guys." He stuck with bad QBs for too long and never addressed it as a real problem, trying to caress it and put band-aids on it.

His laid back approach to camp and practices COULD be part of the injury problem.

So, yeah, Ross. DJ had all these things to deal with. But guess who helped create those issues? Dick Jauron himself.

trapezeus
11-19-2009, 04:19 PM
the bad evaluators are still here. and they were the ones who picked him.

These jauron apologists need to go. Every game thre was some mismanaged play. And the roster was using the practice squad players every season. I never see anything like that in my life before the jauron era.

He's not the only problem, but he was a big problem. If we could have him as a DC, i wouldn't be against it. but anyone who says jauron didn't deserve to go has not watched the bills week in and week out. well coached teams don't consistenly lose in the fourther quarter. FACT!

THATHURMANATOR
11-19-2009, 04:29 PM
He is right on some of the talent thing but DJ sucked major ass.

Don't Panic
11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Ross Tucker. So easy a caveman could do it.

Philagape
11-19-2009, 04:33 PM
it's
B-O-T-H

why
is
that
so
hard
to
grasp
for
some
people
???

Jeff1220
11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
In addition, Jauron can't even recognize talent on his own team. What took him so long to get guys like Fred Jackson and Jabari Greer on the field when most fans could clearly see that they were better options than guys getting reps ahead of them.

YardRat
11-19-2009, 07:05 PM
When Tucker gets elected to the HOF, he can ask Dick to present him.

Nighthawk
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Of course he's wrong. He's not very good, either. I love SIRIUS NFL Radio, but I can hardly listen to Ross when he's on. I don't think he's very good at all.

To his points, a pathetic roster and talent evaluation is directly related to Dick Jauron. Sure, some of those guys were here and gone before DJ, but he's had 4 years and completely failed to develop anyone. I can't think of many players who have actually gotten significantly better in Jauron's tenure as coach. Most have actually regressed.

DJ signed off on the OLine moves and is part of the reason this team gave so much money to those "wrong guys." He stuck with bad QBs for too long and never addressed it as a real problem, trying to caress it and put band-aids on it.

His laid back approach to camp and practices COULD be part of the injury problem.

So, yeah, Ross. DJ had all these things to deal with. But guess who helped create those issues? Dick Jauron himself.

I've been saying it all along...Dickey was the reason that many of these mediocre players kept their jobs...that is completely on Jauron! Look what happened when he left...they go out and get a QB who actually has some upside and get rid of a guy that everybody in the NFL knows can't play. Jauron was a joke and ran this organization into the ground...I'm ecstatic that he's gone.

psubills62
11-19-2009, 09:20 PM

THANK you. And isn't the talent of the roster also related to a coach's ability to develop that talent?

Were the talent evaluators great? No, they had more misses than they should. We need someone in the GM position to really find gems, especially in the early rounds. But Jauron is, imo, the MAIN reason we have sucked during his tenure.

Ground Chuck
11-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I like Ross Tucker. Look at the FA's we did give big money to. Dockery, Walker, Fowler. They all sucked.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Ross Tucker is a bright mind. The talent sucks. Jauron with a taleted team might have had a different result.

Can't really argue that point.

Akhippo
11-19-2009, 10:27 PM
The only players that left that shouldnt have were Winfield and Williams, maybe Fletcher. The Peters situation with his attitude is 50/50.

However Jauron is the coach with the scheme that uses players who are fringe or positional switches. So its insult to injury that he couldnt get the most out of low ceiling players that he needed for his scheme.

It was a perfect storm of a front office who got a low ceiling coach who used a scheme that used low ceiling players.

Mike13
11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
It was both poor coaching and poor talent

mchurchfie
11-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Who the **** is Ross Tucker? Didn't we let him go? Sounds like he has a hard-on because he was cut too. He was a mediocre player to begin with so what makes him such an expert on football now all of the sudden? Dick sucked and our FO sucks, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. **** Ross Tucker, he's a nobody!

mybills
11-20-2009, 05:47 AM
We've always had talent other than QB's. We haven't had anybody to develop it, since Levy.
:rolleyes: -> Ross.