PDA

View Full Version : Ralph talk candid and takes some shots at his critics!

X-Era
11-19-2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81452171&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

He tells it like it is!

I like it!

"I tell you, we have a lot of work to do," Wilson said from his home in suburban Detroit. "We've got to revamp and take a look at the whole operation, and that's what we're going to do."

"It's not about money, it's about winning," Wilson said. "If it was about money, we wouldn't have brought in and paid for somebody we know was a great player."

"Anybody that says I'm cheap is looking down the wrong side of the street," Wilson said.

jamesiscool
11-19-2009, 06:01 PM
tell em ralph!

and even better make them eat their words. hire the right damn people and cut the fat.

Typ0
11-19-2009, 07:20 PM
same thing we hear after every failure.

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey, Ralph... Shanahan will cost more than 6.5 million pennies, don't spend it all in the same place now, ya hear?

DynaPaul
11-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I think he said something similar to that after cutting Donahoe loose. Let's hope he doesn't fail miserably again.

ddaryl
11-20-2009, 04:56 AM
believe this when I see some real results

Historian
11-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Cheap?

Probably not.

Cuts corners that shouldn't be cut?

Yes.

Novacane
11-20-2009, 07:54 AM
The old man talks a good game. I'll believe it when I see it.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 09:04 AM
i wish the old the bastard would just croak. Bills fans have been hearing this crap for 50 years.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2009, 09:11 AM
i wish the old the bastard would just croak. Bills fans have been hearing this crap for 50 years.

Stay classy Sab.

MassEffect218435
11-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Old fart is just trying to get those season tickets sold early this year.

HHURRICANE
11-20-2009, 09:18 AM
same thing we hear after every failure.

"Anybody who think's I'm cheap only has to look at me bringing in Owens." That's laughable!!

Where does our spending vs. the cap come in at Ralph?? That's right, at the very bottom. 31st to be exact.

If you are paying for players than why not give Peters the contract he got in Philly??

It makes me want to puke when I read this. Furthermore, he already said that Shanahan hadn't been even considered yet.

So screw those people that gave me crap the other day with my "smoke and mirrors" thread!!

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2009, 09:22 AM
And Carucci also, this morning, stated that Shanahan is coming to town next week and that Cowher is #2 on the Bills list.

So go screw yourself.

HHURRICANE
11-20-2009, 09:34 AM
And Carucci also, this morning, stated that Shanahan is coming to town next week and that Cowher is #2 on the Bills list.

So go screw yourself.

Carucci is confirming what the owner denied. Okay.

Guess what? I'm right until proven otherwise. Everything I said would happen this year basically happened.

So now we are giving Ralph the benfit of the doubt? Give me a break. This is the same guy who told my brother in law two years ago that he didn't think we were very good. What did he do about it? Nothing.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Way to show your class by thanking a post asking for somebody's death.

bigbub2352
11-20-2009, 09:43 AM
all i can say about this is be warned
Dont believe it till you see it
RW has made all these comments before!!!
and the results were TOM D and Greg Williams/ Mike mularkey
i hope and pray for our sanity sake he means it finally
cant take all that money with u RW take a run at it this will be your last chance

justasportsfan
11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Didn't Ralph eat the rest of Dicks contract by letting him go? Didn't Ralph want Sherman who would've cost more than Dick but Levy talked him into bringing in Dick?

Griff
11-20-2009, 04:32 PM
anybody who says Ralph is cheap hasn't paid much attention. Ralph is out of touch, but not cheap.

Night Train
11-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Didn't Ralph eat the rest of Dicks contract by letting him go? Didn't Ralph want Sherman who would've cost more than Dick but Levy talked him into bringing in Dick?

Actually, Sherman fell out of the running. The final decision back then was between Jauron and current Colts coach Jim Caldwell. That was reported locally by several people.

Good for Caldwell. Seems like a sharp guy and kept the Colts machine moving forward.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 06:38 PM
anybody who says Ralph is cheap hasn't paid much attention. Ralph is out of touch, but not cheap.

25th out of 32 teams this year. that's the bottom 25% this year.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/789046.html

MassEffect218435
11-20-2009, 06:42 PM

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/789046.htmlWilson doesn't have a problem paying guys mid-level contracts. He's paid $40 million to a single player in the past. It's the elite level talents that he struggles with. God forbid Buffalo ever get a top-tier QB that will command $120+ million.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Wilson doesn't have a problem paying guys mid-level contracts. He's paid $40 million to a single player in the past. It's the elite level talents that he struggles with. God forbid Buffalo ever get a top-tier QB that will command $120+ million.

Good point.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Wilson doesn't have a problem paying guys mid-level contracts. He's paid $40 million to a single player in the past. It's the elite level talents that he struggles with. God forbid Buffalo ever get a top-tier QB that will command $120+ million.

the Bills don't need a QB that commands $120 million. they need a GM who knows not to pay $40 million to players who aren't worth a ****. if The Old Fart would pay for a GM who knows how to assemble a football team, they wouldn't be going through a series of high priced players who are on the downside of their careers, and not let the talent they did have sign with other teams and be productive there.

MassEffect218435
11-20-2009, 09:30 PM
the Bills don't need a QB that commands $120 million. they need a GM who knows not to pay $40 million to players who aren't worth a ****. if The Old Fart would pay for a GM who knows how to assemble a football team, they wouldn't be going through a series of high priced players who are on the downside of their careers, and not let the talent they did have sign with other teams and be productive there.That right there is the key. Buffalo has become kind of a farm league for the rest of the NFL, and it's not like the cap room isn't there. Wilson has always had plenty of cap room to work with to keep guys like Fletcher (I know he wasn't drafted by the Bills, but is still ultra-productive), Pat Williams, Clements, Winfield, Greer, Leonard, Peters, etc, etc, etc. The Bills haven't done a bad job of getting talent in the draft, but keeping the players is a different story.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 10:05 PM
That right there is the key. Buffalo has become kind of a farm league for the rest of the NFL, and it's not like the cap room isn't there. Wilson has always had plenty of cap room to work with to keep guys like Fletcher (I know he wasn't drafted by the Bills, but is still ultra-productive), Pat Williams, Clements, Winfield, Greer, Leonard, Peters, etc, etc, etc. The Bills haven't done a bad job of getting talent in the draft, but keeping the players is a different story.

in the meantime, they sign Schobel, Kelsay, and you can go back as far as Fina and these guys have failed miserably to live up to their contracts. then they bring in fatsos like Dockery and Walker. giving up a boatload of draft picks for a QB they had no business going after didn't help either. when you combine all of that together with what you said, and The Old Fart's meddling and penny pinching, it's no wonder we're in a 10 year playoff drought.

Griff
11-21-2009, 05:44 PM

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/789046.html

because we got rid of Dockery and Walker.