PDA

View Full Version : Brohm or Tyler Thigpen

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Prior to the Brohm signing. Earlier this year I thought the Miami Dolphins made a heck of a deal to land Thigpen as a backup or possible starter had Henne stumbled which he has not. Henne has looked nice from the clips I have seen. But nonetheless I wanted to see how these two young QB's compare.

More upside?

Better arm?

better ranking coming out of school?

Mobility?

Pocket presence?

Ingtar33
11-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Before last years combines and workouts i would have said Brohm was a better QB then this years whole draft class.

take it for what it's worth.

Either a massive miss on my part or green bay just was not the right place for him.

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Brohm was ranked second in the 2008 draft among quarterback prospects above Flacco and Henne and others taken in the draft.

I liked him pre-draft, I like him now. I question his drive to get better, start and lead a team, but if a change of scenery and a better QB situation helps, there is potential for Brohm to be a starter.

Post Green Bay picking of Brohm many experts picked Brohm as beating Rodgers out for the starting position his rookie season. That obviously didn't happen.

Give the kid playtime and he maybe he improves leaps and bounds and we can focus on getting him protection and building a team around him.

But let's face it. He was on a practice squad for a reason. He has starter potential, or he is a bust. We will find out very soon.

Brohm > Thigpen in my opinion.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
From the clips, Brohm reminds me of Elway/Favre in terms of mobility. Not as fast as Sanchez but mobile enough to buy some extra time.

casdhf
11-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I think the best comparisons are to Jim Kelly.

Patti120
11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Don't worry, once the coaches here get a hold of him his career is over. Oh wait a minute, Git er done marv!

Please note: This post was not intended to make sense.

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I've heard a lot of comparisons to a young Jim Kelly. Maybe that change of scenery can help him live up to that bill!

Michael82
11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Hopefully Mike Shanahan likes Brohm and sees another Elway in him. They he can come here and develop Brohm. :up:

:pray:

DraftBoy
11-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Alright first off let's cool it with the Kelly/Elway comparison the kid has even taken a snap yet.

Let's not put all the pressure of Bilsl nation on him from the get go.

As far as Brohm v. Thigpen...I like Brohm better potential wise, has a better, arm, more productive in college, and better mechanics. But Thigpen has shown some ability in the pros to get the job done and is a little more athletic.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2009, 05:22 AM
I would have to say Thigpen right now because he has shown he can have success at this level. Brohm hasn't even played a snap.

Just because you were better in college doesn't always translate to NFL success.

That being said, I honestly don't think Brohm has a long term future here unless he plays lights out if and when we let him play.

justasportsfan
11-20-2009, 08:54 AM
I want this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMfiq9CXss8

The Spaz
11-20-2009, 09:09 AM
I want this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMfiq9CXss8

I like Jake Locker too.

The King
11-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Brohm also chose to come to Buffalo. Green Bay matched the offer, he chose to come here.

justasportsfan
11-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Brohm also chose to come to Buffalo. Green Bay matched the offer, he chose to come here.

It was a no brainer.

THATHURMANATOR
11-20-2009, 09:34 AM
From the clips, Brohm reminds me of Elway/Favre in terms of mobility. Not as fast as Sanchez but mobile enough to buy some extra time.
Elway was a super mobile QB in his day man.

Jan Reimers
11-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Don't worry, once the coaches here get a hold of him his career is over. Oh wait a minute, Git er done marv!

Please note: This post was not intended to make sense.
And you did a nice job with that.