PDA

View Full Version : Schefter on Twitter

T-Long
11-19-2009, 08:37 PM
@bobbyp8183: any chance Shanahan takes Bills seriously, or is it leverage for a better offer?

"Believe me, he doesn't need any leverage." said Schefter.

Come on Ralph, make it happen!

malo
11-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Well he didn't answer the part about taking the bills seriously.

deviantwolf
11-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah didn't really answer the question at all. Just points out that Shanny doesn't need Buffalo wanting him to get a better deal from another team.

T-Long
11-19-2009, 08:45 PM
But if that's the case, then why would Shanny meet with them? There has to be some interest there. If what Ralph says is the truth, there is no way we let him leave without offering him the job.

Nighthawk
11-19-2009, 09:58 PM
He DID answer it...his answer was that he is taking the Bills seriously because he doesn't need any leverage.

Buddo
11-20-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm not convinced that taking the Bills seriously is covered by the tweet. Certainly should a meeting take place, it means he's definitely interested, but it may be no more than that for the time being. What does seem to be the case, is that nobody is actually playing games with this. 'Taking seriously', I don't think can happen until the meeting takes place tbh, as who wants what, and how things will be organised, will be a large part of whether or not Shanahan, or the Bills, will take things further.
In actual fact, a meeting with a HC/GM candidate like Shanahan, could have a good deal of benefit, even if he doesn't sign on, simply in getting his evaluation of where the thing is going wrong.

Night Train
11-20-2009, 04:31 AM
But if that's the case, then why would Shanny meet with them? There has to be some interest there. If what Ralph says is the truth, there is no way we let him leave without offering him the job.

Not necessarily. The meeting is probably going to happen but the interview is mutual.

Shanahan will want answers to how much power he'll actually have. Will the penny pinching Littman become a constant thorn in his side when he tries to sign Free Agents or core drafted players long term ? Ralph has lots of questions to answer too and he better give Shanahan the right answers.

This team has operated well under the cap the last few years. A top coach would probably wish to spend most every available dime to make us competative again. Would this be allowed happen ?

This isn't simply a big 4-5 year offer. They may agree to move on if all the parameters aren't agreed to.

If we wind up signing a level B or C candidate later, you'll know what the Bills are doing...yet again.

X-Era
11-20-2009, 05:46 AM
I guess its natural that we are going to do this where we read every single sentence anyone in the know says backwards, frontwards, sideways, up, and down.

That is until a formal announcement is made.

I'm doing it too, but I'm trying to be patient.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 12:53 PM
He DID answer it...his answer was that he is taking the Bills seriously because he doesn't need any leverage.

i thought Colin Cowherd said today that the Redskins are interested in Shanahan. the way Snyder delves out money only tells me The Old Fart won't pony up the dollars to bring him here.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-20-2009, 12:59 PM
i thought Colin Cowherd said today that the Redskins are interested in Shanahan. the way Snyder delves out money only tells me The Old Fart won't pony up the dollars to bring him here.

Shanahan already rejected Snyder. He was offered job earlier in season.

Sources: Mike Shanahan Turned Down Redskins Coaching Job

Sources have confirmed that the Washington Redskins recently tried to hire Mike Shanahan to replace Jim Zorn and Shanahan declined.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Shanahan already rejected Snyder. He was offered job earlier in season.

Sources: Mike Shanahan Turned Down Redskins Coaching Job

Sources have confirmed that the Washington Redskins recently tried to hire Mike Shanahan to replace Jim Zorn and Shanahan declined.

he could be possibly waiting until the end of the season too. i don't know.

bigbub2352
11-20-2009, 01:31 PM
its gonna get alot quieter before we hear anything else on the situation

T-Long
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Shanahan said that he doesn't want to take a job mid-season. That's not what the Bills plan to offer anyways. Hire him now and let him observe the rest of the season and make plans on who he wants to keep, who he wants to boot, and get started building a new coaching regime.

trapezeus
11-20-2009, 04:05 PM

maybe ralph wants to flip his two birds to synder and out bid him.

casdhf
11-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I'd rather coach in Buffalo that in Washington right now. Synder is insane.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-20-2009, 04:45 PM
coaching in oakland or washington is less desirable than buffalo.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 06:17 PM
maybe ralph wants to flip his two birds to synder and out bid him.

i seriously doubt it.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2009, 06:41 PM
i hope the hire shanahan as a consultant for the rest of the year

MassEffect218435
11-20-2009, 06:43 PM
But if that's the case, then why would Shanny meet with them? There has to be some interest there. If what Ralph says is the truth, there is no way we let him leave without offering him the job.Because Buffalo is the first team to confront him about his services this season? Why not meet with Ralph, he has nothing to lose.