PDA

View Full Version : Who wouldn't want this job??

elltrain22
11-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I've read several posts, and also mainstream media depicts the Buffalo Bills coaching position as one of that is a 2nd rate job. Forgive me please, if I'm a little biased, but IMO, this is a very attractive opportunity for several reasons.

1. you get a chance at resurrecting not just a team, but a city as well. If this pans out well, this could make a good coach, a hall of fame coach, and who doesn't wanna cement themselves in history.

2. This team is young, but w/ some smart moves made in the offseason, could easily be playoff contenders immediately. Oakland, Washington, and other cities aren't as close as we are.

3. Excellent, and loyal fanbase. Nuff said

4. From what we've read, it's probably a lucrative opportunity, not to mention that you'd get full control of football operations (forgive if I'm reading too much in to published reports)

IMO, Shanny or Cowher would be crazy to turn this team down if offered this job. Cleveland, Washington, Oakland, (presumably) will compete for coaches, and if I were them, I'd be inclined to like what I'm seeing a whole lot more in the city of Buffalo. But maybe I'm too much of a fan of this team.

Scumbag College
11-19-2009, 09:21 PM
The mainstream sports media sucks. Sportscenter has basically turned into TMZ, and all the "experts" (half of whom may be partially ******ed) have several hours a day to fill with nonsense.

It all comes down to money. If Ralph is as willing to spend it as he says he is, then I bet he can get some top name talent and coaching in here.

justasportsfan
11-19-2009, 09:26 PM
whoever wins us a sb will have a god like status to bills fans and will be bigger than Marv and the 90's team.

elltrain22
11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
The mainstream sports media sucks. Sportscenter has basically turned into TMZ, and all the "experts" (half of whom may be partially ******ed) have several hours a day to fill with nonsense.

It all comes down to money. If Ralph is as willing to spend it as he says he is, then I bet he can get some top name talent and coaching in here.

Sportscenter has def' turned into TMZ. Couldn't agree w/ you more.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Ralph Wilson. A guy that has proven to pull the rug out from underneath success.

Can you imagine the dynasty that would be here if Polian had stayed!!

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Everything I have read, seen and heard is that Shanahan eyes the Buffalo job in high regard.

Cowher, well no idea.

Also, a little tidbit for you guys that is unconfirmed, so I won't post in a new thread: The Bills have contacted Haslett about his interest in the head coaching position. Unconfirmed, but there was a rumor that caught our eye that was started on a New Orleans Saints message board.

Nighthawk
11-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Everything I have read, seen and heard is that Shanahan eyes the Buffalo job in high regard.

Cowher, well no idea.

Also, a little tidbit for you guys that is unconfirmed, so I won't post in a new thread: The Bills have contacted Haslett about his interest in the head coaching position. Unconfirmed, but there was a rumor that caught our eye that was started on a New Orleans Saints message board.

Just say NO to Haslett...he sucks and is not much better then Jauron!

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Just say NO to Haslett...he sucks and is not much better then Jauron!

I wouldn't worry too much. We are rumored to be "interested" in him, but the rumor that we have contacted him was started on a New Orleans board, so I wouldn't read into it much. I just thought I'd share.

Nighthawk
11-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. We are rumored to be "interested" in him, but the rumor that we have contacted him was started on a New Orleans board, so I wouldn't read into it much. I just thought I'd share.

Plus, everything that I've heard is that the Bills are interested in Offensive minded coaches...that is not Haslett.

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Plus, everything that I've heard is that the Bills are interested in Offensive minded coaches...that is not Haslett.
I like Shanahan, why don't we just focus on signing him.

Or Cowher. Who is actually my first choice.

In a perfect world, well my perfect world, we sign Cowher to coach and draft Bradford and Anthony Davis.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 10:33 PM
You sure love Bradford. Bradford has to prove his shoulder is strong post surgery. Unless that thing looks good as new and he impresses people at combines, he'll be an option. Bradford has a very long road ahead

Nighthawk
11-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Bradford doesn't have the strongest of arms....I'm not sure he is the answer for this franchise. Plus, I'm not sure he is the toughest of guys either...haven't we already seen the QB who can't stay on the field? I don't know...he just doesn't excite me...I could be wrong.

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 10:39 PM
You sure love Bradford. Bradford has to prove his shoulder is strong post surgery. Unless that thing looks good as new and he impresses people at combines, he'll be an option. Bradford has a very long road ahead

I am definitely a supporter. I know his father (good man), and Sam and I have talked on a few occasions when I covered the Big 12 when he first arrived at OU. But yes, I do think he is a great player as well. I believe the city of Buffalo would fall in love with his attitude, leadership and performance.

There are many questions, but I am confident he will pull through. I hope he slips to us. I really do. :pray:

BillsWin
11-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Bradford doesn't have the strongest of arms....I'm not sure he is the answer for this franchise. Plus, I'm not sure he is the toughest of guys either...haven't we already seen the QB who can't stay on the field? I don't know...he just doesn't excite me...I could be wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :idunno:

Mike in Syracuse
11-19-2009, 10:42 PM

There are 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the world. Everyone who doesn't already have one probably wants one.