PDA

View Full Version : Cowherd hates Bills

Pinkerton Security
11-19-2009, 10:50 PM
It doesnt surprise me because even mentioning the West Coast makes Cowherd get a hard-on, but on "Sportsnation", possibly the worst show on ESPN, Cowherd basically said Shanny will never come to Buffalo because "people with options dont go to Buffalo"....with this certain disdain in his voice at the mention of Buffalo..

god, I used to like this jacka** but he really annoys me lately. They also stated that while Oakland and Washington arent much more attractive, he then said Shanny should go to Dallas or Chicago. Firstly, we dont have a coach right now! Dallas probably wont end up firing Wade, at least I personally dont think they will, and idk about Chitown either. Colin is basically an idiot.

scartown
11-19-2009, 11:02 PM
His job is to get reactions from people. Keep people interested in what he is saying. I don't know why people get so upset when commentators put down certain players or teams. Half the stuff he says he doesn't beleive himself.

don137
11-19-2009, 11:05 PM
He has always hated Buffalo...I stopped listening to him a few years ago...Not very entertaining and surprised people actually listen to the guy.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2009, 11:42 PM
That guy is irritating, the chicks cute.

Still Erin Andrews destroys her.

Pinkerton Security
11-19-2009, 11:43 PM
His job is to get reactions from people. Keep people interested in what he is saying. I don't know why people get so upset when commentators put down certain players or teams. Half the stuff he says he doesn't beleive himself.

No s***?

realdealryan
11-19-2009, 11:53 PM
A couple of weeks ago he said that Buffalo should lose its franchise (with a couple of other towns) to make the NFL more entertaining.

scartown
11-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes really :lol:

Crisis
11-20-2009, 12:08 AM
cant stand this blowhard, only reason i don't watch that show is because he's a tool.

he's the biggest tom brady fanboy ever.

bills&sabresmvf
11-20-2009, 12:10 AM
He's right. Why would he want to finish a coaching career in Buffalo, NY? This is coming from a guy who lives and works in this city. There's nothing here for him. A franchise, think realistically, that will move here in the next few years when Ralph dies (again if he doesn't sell it before he dies, it's a bidding war. Jim Kelly isn't going to outbit Billionaire Joe Schmoe who wants to move the team to where he can sell tickets for $200 a pop. A few hundred more could get you season tickets here in Buffalo, no owner is going to buy a team selling tickets with no profit.) He also won't come here because he wants an open checkbook to sign players, something Ralph might use in signing a coach, but not a free-for-all in the Free Agent Market. That's what Shanahan wants. He will get that in Washington for sure...The Bills will get a football-minded General Manager and then will hire a second-tier head-coach, Haslett or what I think, the CFL coach Trestman.

bills&sabresmvf
11-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Cowherd is a pretty good and rash commentator. He says what's on his mind, I don't mind that and he gets reactions from the audience, that's why they still listen to him (as mentioned by those above). It's not that he hates Buffalo, it's that he see's what Buffalo offers and hears what others say about Buffalo (it's not the big city life many people look for when looking for a lucrative contract).

Demon
11-20-2009, 12:14 AM
I hate this guy with a passion.

Crisis
11-20-2009, 12:40 AM
not to mention that he's probably the single most unfunny person I've ever watched. watching him miss on every terrible joke/pun is just brutal.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-20-2009, 12:52 AM
He's not funny or entertaining. And it has nothing to do with hating on buffalo. The guy looks like a homo too.

Dr. Pepper
11-20-2009, 01:05 AM
i refuse to listen to this clown. i rarely agree with anything he spews out.

Dr. Pepper
11-20-2009, 01:16 AM
the guy hates non-BCS schools and any underdog team because theyre "not good for ratings"

Block "O"
11-20-2009, 03:49 AM
He hates any small market and really any team thats somewhere near middle america. This guy hates blue collar cities from the word go.

Night Train
11-20-2009, 04:34 AM
He's outright terrible.

I can't believe there are humans with brains that actually tune in to him or Jim Rome. After trying out both in their infancy, I knew that only infants would listen to them.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Cowherd is a pretty good and rash commentator. He says what's on his mind, I don't mind that and he gets reactions from the audience, that's why they still listen to him (as mentioned by those above). It's not that he hates Buffalo, it's that he see's what Buffalo offers and hears what others say about Buffalo (it's not the big city life many people look for when looking for a lucrative contract).

For all the money he spends on players he gets a portion back from revenue sharing. I don't think he will shy away from spending nearer to the cap. We'll just have to see if he's warmed up to the idea of handing over control again this time...

imbondz
11-20-2009, 05:26 AM
I think Cowherd is hilarious.

LarryBoy
11-20-2009, 05:46 AM
I hate Cowturd.

elltrain22
11-20-2009, 06:11 AM
I didn't catch that, but maybe thats b/c I never watch that dumb*** show!! I never liked that little jerk before, and know, I have even more dislike for him.

mybills
11-20-2009, 06:20 AM
Never liked him. I can't even stomach looking at him, never mind listening to him. :puke:

Yasgur's Farm
11-20-2009, 06:29 AM
I hardly ever watch ESPN... So you can imagine my discomfort in thinking that you all were talking about Cowher... BILL COWHER, CANDIDATE FOR BIG SHOT IN THE BILLS ORGANIZATION!

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 06:42 AM
I like Cowherd. Solid show on Radio and TV.

Jan Reimers
11-20-2009, 07:40 AM
They had to put that nitwit blonde Michelle Beedle (Sp?) with him in the afternoon on ESPN just to get a few people to watch.

From a football standpoint, the Bills' job may not be as attractive as Dallas or Washington (or maybe it is, considering you would be working for Jones or Snyder), but from the standpoint of a place to live, I have no respect for people who mindlessly spew all of the preconceived negatives about Buffalo, when they have probably never even been there. Many athletes with the resources to live anywhere choose to live in the Buffalo area both during and after their careers.

Raptor
11-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Exactly, I'm sure its gotten around in the media that if you insult Bills fans they will flood you with email and calls(ala Faulk, Mort, J.Green) which is exactly what CC is looking for. It drives ratings

These guys are paid because they are great at articulating a strong opinion, not because they have a vast knowledge of sports

Novacane
11-20-2009, 07:50 AM
I can't listen to him. His squeals like a girl when he is trying to make a point.

OpIv37
11-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Don't shoot the messenger. I used to get mad at people who said this stuff, but now I'm just pissed at the organzition for creating a situation where these comments make sense.

Mike in Syracuse
11-20-2009, 08:12 AM
I happen to like Cowher and much of what he says is usually spot on. I love the Bills and Buffal as much as any of you but you have to face reality. If your a big time coach and you have your choice of several cities Buffalo is about the last place on earth you want to wind up.

And....I think Michelle Beadle is smoking!

trapezeus
11-20-2009, 08:44 AM
i literally have never heard of this guy and thought it was a type-o in the subject line and that Bill Cowher hates the idea of coaching in buffalo. I nearly lost it.

So i am pleased that its just some talking head who has no influence over the matter.

Traditionally the buffalo job was not interesting, if ralph is talking about real change, i can't help but think a big name guy will jump at it.

A. they want to pad their legacy
B. they are ego driven. What better way to help a franchise that has never won anything since the merger win a championship and be crowned savior. Retire immediately, get the TV gig, get into the hall of fame, and then watch dan synder or jerry jones double their offer, and try again. and if that doesn't work out, it doesn't matter because buffalo still named the airport, 3 schools and city hall after you as well as renaming the kensington. Oh and the bust never leaves canton.

What do you get out of washington or dallas? if you just win one superbowl, it's just one of many, but it was never a dynasty. the fans will be happy for that year, but they've been there. You've done only a small piece of what landry or gibbs did when they won multiple super bowls. The fans will sit there demanding more. And you might never assuage them. They have the fans for sure, but their bickering and questioning of your every move is 100x magnified. The can deal for sure, but why when you can come to buffalo and we'll let you run an offense with 2 formations and we sell out the stadium.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 08:47 AM
It doesnt surprise me because even mentioning the West Coast makes Cowherd get a hard-on, but on "Sportsnation", possibly the worst show on ESPN, Cowherd basically said Shanny will never come to Buffalo because "people with options dont go to Buffalo"....with this certain disdain in his voice at the mention of Buffalo..

god, I used to like this jacka** but he really annoys me lately. They also stated that while Oakland and Washington arent much more attractive, he then said Shanny should go to Dallas or Chicago. Firstly, we dont have a coach right now! Dallas probably wont end up firing Wade, at least I personally dont think they will, and idk about Chitown either. Colin is basically an idiot.

he's telling the truth. who the hell wants to come here when you have an owner who meddles and a state that gouges you in taxes?

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2009, 08:48 AM
i literally have never heard of this guy and thought it was a type-o in the subject line and that Bill Cowher hates the idea of coaching in buffalo. I nearly lost it.

So i am pleased that its just some talking head who has no influence over the matter.

Traditionally the buffalo job was not interesting, if ralph is talking about real change, i can't help but think a big name guy will jump at it.

A. they want to pad their legacy
B. they are ego driven. What better way to help a franchise that has never won anything since the merger win a championship and be crowned savior. Retire immediately, get the TV gig, get into the hall of fame, and then watch dan synder or jerry jones double their offer, and try again. and if that doesn't work out, it doesn't matter because buffalo still named the airport, 3 schools and city hall after you as well as renaming the kensington. Oh and the bust never leaves canton.

What do you get out of washington or dallas? if you just win one superbowl, it's just one of many, but it was never a dynasty. the fans will be happy for that year, but they've been there. You've done only a small piece of what landry or gibbs did when they won multiple super bowls. The fans will sit there demanding more. And you might never assuage them. They have the fans for sure, but their bickering and questioning of your every move is 100x magnified. The can deal for sure, but why when you can come to buffalo and we'll let you run an offense with 2 formations and we sell out the stadium.

I totally agree. Any big coach that comes here is an instant hero, and when/if they turn they program around, they will attain a cult symbol status. Also, lots of these coaches have huge drives, which has led them to success, and perhaps the thought of a real challenge (which God knows they will have here lol) is actually enticing. Cowher seemed to epitomize the blue-collar city of Pittsburgh, and thats part of the reason I've always like him.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 08:50 AM
the guy hates non-BCS schools and any underdog team because theyre "not good for ratings"

it's the truth.

trapezeus
11-20-2009, 08:51 AM
he's telling the truth. who the hell wants to come here when you have an owner who meddles and a state that gouges you in taxes?

hmmm...somehow tax gouging is offset by an incredibly cheaper cost of living in buffalo. in any major city, a $2MM house isn't much to blink an eye at. In buffalo a $2MM house is an estate. i think you suck up the taxes issue and love the fact that cost of living is incredibly cheap.

I know what I paid for my apartment in new york would essentially buy me a 6 bedroom house with pool and plenty of outdoor space.

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2009, 08:53 AM
it's the truth.
yes it is bad for the ratings but its good for college football and for sports in general. the guy is somehow an elitist *****, which is why i guess i dont like him. he spunks himself when he talks about the Pac-10 and USC, and basically dismisses the history of great colleges like Notre Dame by saying that HS athletes would never, ever want to go there simply bc it is colder. Hello Colin, ever heard of something called prestige and/or a good education? Some kids do actually want those things.

as others have said, he basically picks a controversial side to get a reaction and completely ignores the other side of the equation, and when people point that other side out he still dismisses it.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 08:54 AM
hmmm...somehow tax gouging is offset by an incredibly cheaper cost of living in buffalo.

that's because a lot of jobs here only pay minimum wage.

trapezeus
11-20-2009, 10:04 AM
that's because a lot of jobs here only pay minimum wage.

fair enough. but for people who aren't getting paid minimum wage, your purchasing power is much higher. Go back to the Michael Peca situation of 2003. The guy was offered $3.5MM in Buffalo and took $4.0MM in Long Island. For $1MM which he could just flat out buy, he'd have a sprawling estate in buffalo and pretty much be the big man in the city. In long island, if you want a 4 bedroom home that is modern and large, $4mm is adequate and nice home, but it's not the best home. and $4mm a year isn't really alot in an area with billion dollar hedge funds and multimillion dollar finance/advertising/celebrity salaries.

So my point is that, if you are offered like $10MM in DC and $10MM in buffalo, i would take the $10MM in buffalo because it'll last a whole lot longer and the way of life will be a lot cheaper. yeah, it's not a big city for the glitterati, but as a coach, you'll be working around the clock anyways.

casdhf
11-20-2009, 10:17 AM
that's because a lot of jobs here only pay minimum wage. maybe only the ones you're qualified for, sab.

HAMMER
11-20-2009, 10:37 AM
He's right. Why would he want to finish a coaching career in Buffalo, NY? This is coming from a guy who lives and works in this city. There's nothing here for him. A franchise, think realistically, that will move here in the next few years when Ralph dies (again if he doesn't sell it before he dies, it's a bidding war. Jim Kelly isn't going to outbit Billionaire Joe Schmoe who wants to move the team to where he can sell tickets for $200 a pop. A few hundred more could get you season tickets here in Buffalo, no owner is going to buy a team selling tickets with no profit.) He also won't come here because he wants an open checkbook to sign players, something Ralph might use in signing a coach, but not a free-for-all in the Free Agent Market. That's what Shanahan wants. He will get that in Washington for sure...The Bills will get a football-minded General Manager and then will hire a second-tier head-coach, Haslett or what I think, the CFL coach Trestman.

This sums it up perfectly, sorry folks but it is the truth. Why would coaches that are potential HOF candidates want to coach an organization that has had one short period of "success" (if you could call losing four super bowls success).
The obvious common denominator over the years has been a meddling owner that has never been able to maintain a good long term working relationship with any of his coaches-GM's. Any of them would be dumb to accept the Bills job at this time when the Redskins job will also be available in a couple months at a higher salary, and with an owner willing to shell out huge dollars to FA's when the league is very close to going to an uncapped year. Beyond that DC has far more to offer as far as quality of life than Buffalo. Before you blast me, I have lived in both cities, no comparison. Tough sell is an understatement.

ParanoidAndroid
11-20-2009, 10:39 AM
They will come if the price is right. Simple as that.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
fair enough. but for people who aren't getting paid minimum wage, your purchasing power is much higher. Go back to the Michael Peca situation of 2003. The guy was offered $3.5MM in Buffalo and took $4.0MM in Long Island. For $1MM which he could just flat out buy, he'd have a sprawling estate in buffalo and pretty much be the big man in the city. In long island, if you want a 4 bedroom home that is modern and large, $4mm is adequate and nice home, but it's not the best home. and $4mm a year isn't really alot in an area with billion dollar hedge funds and multimillion dollar finance/advertising/celebrity salaries.

So my point is that, if you are offered like $10MM in DC and $10MM in buffalo, i would take the $10MM in buffalo because it'll last a whole lot longer and the way of life will be a lot cheaper. yeah, it's not a big city for the glitterati, but as a coach, you'll be working around the clock anyways.

the Pouting Peca was only listening to his wife. otherwise, the Pouting Peca wouldn't have said ****.

HAMMER
11-20-2009, 11:00 AM
They will come if the price is right. Simple as that.
Not true, the price will be right in other markets as well. The choice will come down to other variables.

Dr. Pepper
11-20-2009, 11:21 AM

Peca still lives in Buffalo actually.

Mudflap1
11-20-2009, 11:48 AM

He is a self-proclaimed Patriots fan, which should tell you all you need to knwo about him. He is so arrogant. The other day I heard him putting down some caller saying the guy was a hick basically, and if he worked as hard as Colin did from college on, he would be in the position Colin is in to retire by 50. What a jerk.

That being said, I can't argue with him completely about the fact that the Buffalo job is not exactly the most glamorous. However, if Ralph throws big money out, and has himself and Russ stay out of the football side, they should be able to get somebody decent in here.

ryjam282
11-20-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't mind him that much. What he says about Buffalo upsets me but people are right, he is there to get a reaction. Personally, I only watch the show to see Michelle. Now, she is hot AND you can talk sports with her....What more could you want in a woman. :)

http://www.sidelinehotties.com/images/2009/07/michelle-beadle-2.jpg

Block "O"
11-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't mind him that much. What he says about Buffalo upsets me but people are right, he is there to get a reaction. Personally, I only watch the show to see Michelle. Now, she is hot AND you can talk sports with her....What more could you want in a woman. :)

http://www.sidelinehotties.com/images/2009/07/michelle-beadle-2.jpg

LOL you seriously watch a show just to see a glimpse of a hot chick? You may need to re-evaluate your life.