PDA

View Full Version : Shanny or Cohwer?

Mr. Miyagi
11-20-2009, 06:37 AM
I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we end up getting Shanahan but my first choice is still Bill Cowher, IF he would agree to take the job.

Who's your preference?

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Id prefer a lesser known HC.

Some names;
Gary Patterson
Mike Zimmer
Kirk Ferentz
Cam Cameron

Joe Fo Sho
11-20-2009, 06:53 AM

Some names;
Gary Patterson
Mike Zimmer
Kirk Ferentz
Cam Cameron

How come?

And Cam Cameron? Really?

NorthCarBills
11-20-2009, 06:54 AM
I had to vote "other" simply due to the fact I'd be overjoyed with either. Both have pluses.

Shanny - We desperately need an offensive genius. He provides that edge. Knows how to build a great o-line and develop QBs. These are our biggest weaknesses at the moment.

Cohwer - More of a motivator than Shanny. Might be able to attract better coordinators too. Great blue collar style coach that always gets the best out of his players. Defensive minded however.

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 06:59 AM
How come?

And Cam Cameron? Really?

I don't like HC and GM powers all being with one guy and from what Ive heard both require that.

Cam Cameron is a genius offensively and got a raw deal in Miami, imo. He deserves a second shot, especially if Ralph will dish out cash for some good coordinators.

elltrain22
11-20-2009, 07:08 AM
I voted for Cohwer, but would also be very, very happy w/ Shanny. To be honest, if we don't either of these guys, I will be disappointed, especially since now, all this talk has raised my level of expectations.

Jan Reimers
11-20-2009, 07:15 AM
My concern with Shanahan is that his success was too closely tied to Elway. He did little with Oakland before moving to Denver, and had far less success with the Broncos after Elway retired.

mybills
11-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Shanny - We desperately need an offensive genius. He provides that edge. Knows how to build a great o-line and develop QBs. These are our biggest weaknesses at the moment.

:up:

don137
11-20-2009, 07:22 AM
I'd be happy with both Shanny or Cowher but prefer Cowher

Buddo
11-20-2009, 07:31 AM
I voted for Shanahan. I do however, slightly prefer Holmgren. I prefer both of those guys to Cowher, due to the fact that they are both recognised offensive coaches. (Don't get me wrong, I'd be almost as ecstatic of Cowher was the guy, we are only talking margins here).
I also believe that either of the two, would be able to turn the franchise around, a lot quicker than Cowher, as I think they could work with the D we have, for the time being, while creating a working offense.
My slight preference for Holmgren, is purely through his recognised ability in the development of QBs, and getting the right QB does more for the long term success of a franchise.
I have to say though, I would love to see Jackson in particular, running behind Shanahan's run blocking schemes.

mybills
11-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Wasted votes for Cowher. He won't agree to take the job anyway.

Historian
11-20-2009, 07:44 AM
The news mentioned Kevin Gilbride last night.

:puke:

I'd rather have Joe Pendry back.

OpIv37
11-20-2009, 07:48 AM
I'd love to get Cowher but the reality is that it will be neither.

Novacane
11-20-2009, 08:05 AM
If Ralph thinks the fans are pissed now he better go into hiding if he hires Gilbride.

Mr. Miyagi
11-20-2009, 08:25 AM
The news mentioned Kevin Gilbride last night.

:puke:

I'd rather have Joe Pendry back.
Or Mularkey.

Throne Logic
11-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I had to vote "other" simply due to the fact I'd be overjoyed with either. Both have pluses.

Did you mean "pulses"? What with Jauron . . .

BidsJr
11-20-2009, 08:38 AM

Some names;
Gary Patterson
Mike Zimmer
Kirk Ferentz
Cam Cameron

Less than 0% shot at Kirk Ferentz.

Lone Stranger
11-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Keep on dreaming; we're not going to get either. Do you really think Ralph is going to change his stripes?

Novacane
11-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Keep on dreaming; we're not going to get either. Do you really think Ralph is going to change his stripes?

Maybe seeing the grim reaper standing over his shoulder has made him change his thinking :idunno:

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Less than 0% shot at Kirk Ferentz.

Not true, this is the best situation for Ferentz to leave as ever. Taking a surprise Iowa team to a BCS game. Could easily leave now on top.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Trestman

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I personally dont want a college coach, even the best coaches in college often flop in the pros

MassEffect218435
11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Neither is realistic, Mike Zimmer.

bigbub2352
11-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Cowher is everything u want in a football coach and it translates to the teams he puts on the feild,
If i had to start a franchise over (which we need to do)
Cowher is the way to go
Although if Shanahan comes aboard i will not complaign either

The King
11-20-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't like HC and GM powers all being with one guy and from what Ive heard both require that.

Cam Cameron is a genius offensively and got a raw deal in Miami, imo. He deserves a second shot, especially if Ralph will dish out cash for some good coordinators.What about Larry Coyer from Indy?

kernowboy
11-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Russ Grimm or Jim Harbaugh

Mahdi
11-20-2009, 02:09 PM

Some names;
Gary Patterson
Mike Zimmer
Kirk Ferentz
Cam Cameron
I realize that these guys have potential, Zimmer is doing a great job in Cinci and Cam Cameron is always a good OC. But when you have the opportunity to get the guy that is just as smart and talented as a coach with the added bonus of being experienced and has won it all before why would you PREFER a lesser known guy?

Where is the advantage besides saving Ralph cash?

kernowboy
11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
No experienced guy has really been successful second time round, having been successful at the first place.

The Jokeman
11-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd LOVE Shanahan to come here as think outside his record against Belichick (5-2)you have to love the fact that he only had 2 losing seasons in 14 seasons in Denver, of course he did have 1 1/4 losing seasons with Los Angeles (Raiders). Yet I also like that he is also a guru of the WCO which I think is the best offense for Trent Edwards, assuming we keep him, Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson. Lee Evans might not fit but Shanahan did good things with Eddie Royal last year as a rookie. Also his prescense might help us land a free agent or two. Two names worth looking at are his TE in Denver Tony Sheffler and LB DJ Williams both due to be UFA in 2010 and think both be improvements on our current roster.

Mahdi
11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
No experienced guy has really been successful second time round, having been successful at the first place.
Holmgren took the Hawks to the SB and was usually in the playoffs, Gruden won a SB with Tampa and was usually in the playoffs.....

Coughlin was good in Jacksonville and won a SB with the Giants.

Parcells regularly had a playoff team everywhere he went.

Wade Philips was successful with a few different teams.

Schottenheimer teams were always contenders in KC and SD.

There are a ton more examples. But those are some pretty big name coaches.