PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else a little bit more excited for this next game?

yordad
11-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Is anyone else a little bit more excited for this next game (compared to last couple)? Almost like they have a feeling the Bills might actually win?

malo
11-20-2009, 08:41 AM
No not me. Fitzpatrick is worse than trent. I'm literally laughing at the predection thread.

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2009, 08:42 AM
I am...im hoping Fitzy and Trent both break their legs and Brohm comes in and lights it up!!!

however I am not looking forward to MJD carrying our entire team 70 yards for a score, bc, sure as day, he will do.

justasportsfan
11-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm just interested to see if the team plays with a different attitude. More passion , more intense and not soft.

Throne Logic
11-20-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm just interested to see if the team plays with a different attitude. More passion , more intense and not soft.

and fewer stupid mistakes

trapezeus
11-20-2009, 08:48 AM
i think they may come out with a different attitude and win this game. It'll be a win of jet/panther fame where Del rio just out coaches himself and hands us a game. But that being said, for 2009 bills fashion, when you think they are riding 0-whatever to the bottom, they'll squeak out a win. and just when you think, "maybe we can put a little string of wins together" they'll lose by a 20+ margin.

They just lost by a 20+ margin, fired the coach, benched the qb, and are already looking foward to next year. They are going to annoyingly win this game with their plain offense, and pathetic defense.

a handful of people will give us the playoff picture, 50% of us will get on board,and all the other games that need to go in our favor will, but we will lose. then we lose out, then we announce the new coach, people show up at the airport and rub out buffalonianess off on the new guy, he never wins, and leaves fed up.

This is the life I've choosen.

Jan Reimers
11-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Yes. We'll have a coach who looks like he cares.

Meathead
11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
not one bit. the next game im gonna be excited about is next seasons opener

Nighthawk
11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
No, I hope they lose out.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-20-2009, 12:45 PM
No, I hope they lose out.

Even if Brohm plays? I rather see him win games and showcase to me that he may be worthy of starter role. That way we don't targer a qb in round 1

Buddo
11-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Can't say I'm looking forward to it too much. The Jags may not be a great team, but they've been improving. With Stroud out, and Williams not fully fit, any thoughts of stopping the run, have largely evaporated. I'm interested to see if there's a different 'feel' to both the offence and defence, but I'm not hopeful of us winning, at all.
From what I've seen of Fitzpatrick, he is just as likely to throw an interception as a completion. The only difference being, he may get the int a little further down the field. I like his attitude, but he doesn't back it up with any degree of talent I'm afraid.
About the only way I see the Bills winning tbh, is by returning punts/kicks for TDs, and Byrd actually getting one off another int, unless they seriously adopt the wildcat for a lot more plays, with Jackson throwing it around.

Night Train
11-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Not really.

The recent news is all geared towards turing it around in 2010, which gives me long term hope, not short term. This season is a waste.

Our roster hasn't improve at all & Jones-Drew is probably thinking he'll have a monster game this Sunday.

OpIv37
11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I was looking forward to it. With Stroud out, not so much now....

like justa said, though- it will still be interesting to see if these guys start playing like they give a ****. They better, because there are at least 40 guys playing for their jobs right now.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2009, 02:43 PM

like justa said, though- it will still be interesting to see if these guys start playing like they give a ****. They better, because there are at least 40 guys playing for their jobs right now.

40?

I would say more than that.

Who would you say will be back? Evans. McGee. Moorman. Levitre. Wood. Nelson. Byrd. Other than that, there are no assurances, imo.

streetkings01
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
40?

Who would you say will be back? Evans. McGee. Moorman. Levitre. Wood. Nelson. Byrd. Other than that, there are no assurances, imo.Only guys I know without a doubt will be back with this team in 2010 are Wood, Levitre, Evans and Jackson. On defense....Maybin, McKelvin, Byrd and McGee. Not sure about everyone else.....I could easily see the rest of these guys cut or traded.

paladin warrior
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
NAW... The only thing is I am so excited is brand New HC and also Buffalo Bills must get a very good draft next year. Maybe New QB

OpIv37
11-20-2009, 03:01 PM
40?

Who would you say will be back? Evans. McGee. Moorman. Levitre. Wood. Nelson. Byrd. Other than that, there are no assurances, imo.

I actually posted this the other day.

Guys who have proven themselves: Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Byrd, Stroud, McKelvin, McGee, Moorman, Lindell.

Guys we should keep on potential: Maybin, Levitre, Wood, Corner, Hardy, Steve Johnson, Nelson, Nic Harris, arguably Lankster.

Guys who deserve consideration: Reed, Schobel, K Williams, Poz. But these 4 need to step it up, and everyone else is basically playing to prove they deserve a roster spot.

HAMMER
11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Not even a little, this team is decimated by injuries, our run stuffer is out. Not a prayer we win, in fact I just laid 200 on Jax -8.5.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2009, 03:18 PM
I actually posted this the other day.

Guys who have proven themselves: Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Byrd, Stroud, McKelvin, McGee, Moorman, Lindell.

Guys we should keep on potential: Maybin, Levitre, Wood, Corner, Hardy, Steve Johnson, Nelson, Nic Harris, arguably Lankster.

Guys who deserve consideration: Reed, Schobel, K Williams, Poz. But these 4 need to step it up, and everyone else is basically playing to prove they deserve a roster spot.

I could see a trade of Lynch or Jackson to bring in help at a position of need. You have to give something up to get something. Lindell? Meh. There will probably not be a significant imporvement out there but he is a little above average to me.

Stroud is getting older and is not cheap. If he leaves I am not devastated.

I like Kyle Williams. He is the type of player a team needs, so he can stay.Probably Spencer Johnson too.

Reed is an UFA and is gone, imo.

Meathead
11-20-2009, 03:43 PM
the good news is that i feel like there is more talent on this team than any of the previous disaster bills teams i can remember, and that goes back to the mid seventies

assuming they get a reasonably competant qb, a big if, an experienced coach should have a borderline realistic shot at the playoffs in their first season. thats more than i can say any of the other times i recall being in this total rebuild mode

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2009, 06:53 PM

i didn't know stroud was out. that makes two of us. i don't see the bills stopping any running plays without him.

DynaPaul
11-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Excited? No. Interested? Yes. I want to see how this team plays after some real practices and under a coach who isn't a walking cadaver. I expect them to be in the game even if they don't pull it out.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2009, 05:23 AM
No.

Same o-line that cannot block.

Same QB who blows.

Same defense that gets gashed late because the O can't sustain drives.