Does Brohm or Does Brohm not have a strong arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Does Brohm or Does Brohm not have a strong arm?

I am reading conflicting reports here. Some saying he has a great arm some saying a weakness is arm strength. Which is it?
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Does Brohm or Does Brohm not have a strong arm?

The people saying it's weak are generally ******ed, Thrum. That should answer the question.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Arm strength isn't a major question. His decision making is.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I read he made quick reads and good decisions.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
          I read he made quick reads and good decisions.
          Yeah I am confused.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
            • Jul 2009

People pleease. He was on a freaking practice squad. He's not the next Jim Kelly

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Strong Arm, and made good decisions in college but he has struggled to adjust to the more complex NFL defensive reads. He isn't reading blitzes well, or seeing coverages.

It takes time with some QB's. He also may never get it.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i couldn't tell from the youtube clips. the one thing that made me weary of Trent was when he went long, it usually had a high arc to it. I think in buffalo in november and december you have to throw a tight spiral without putting a lot of air under it.

But i also read the same conflicting reports. i'm going to assume that it means that he has a decent arm. but not a cannon. the fact there is conflicting reports makes me believe that it's just a matter of opinion. I think he can make all the passes on the passing tree. i did think from the limited stuff i saw from him that he moved well in the pocket to buy time but the ball takes a little long to get out.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Strong Arm, and made good decisions in college but he has struggled to adjust to the more complex NFL defensive reads. He isn't reading blitzes well, or seeing coverages.

It takes time with some QB's. He also may never get it.
                  Thanks DB.

So he does have a good arm... I think that is very important to any QB looking to succeed in Buffalo weather.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    I am reading conflicting reports here. Some saying he has a great arm some saying a weakness is arm strength. Which is it?

he has a strong arm, in the same way Jim Kelly did. He'll never throw the ball 60 yards from his knees... his throwing motion is a full body motion. when he can turn his hips and step into the throw (he has great mechanics i might add) he probably could throw the ball 70-80 yards.

when he can't he's not the strongest armed QB you'll see. Jim was the same way.

He doesn't have a Jay Cutler, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Drew Bledsoe, Brett Favre, Kyle Boller or JP Losman type of arm (who all had monstrously strong arms)... if you want to visualize it imagine Jim Kelly, Ben Roethlesburger or Payton Manning. it's strong enough, it's not amazing. Its good enough to throw a 20 yard out, or hit a WR on a 50 yard bomb. Its stronger then either Trent Edwards or Ryan Fitzpatrick's arms... Probably strong enough to throw just fine in the wind at the Ralph (though throwing in the wind is more a matter of technique then arm strength, in controlling the nose of the football, a strong arm does help...)

**btw: though fitz does like to throw down-field and to the WRs more then Edwards i'd say his arm is actually weaker then trent's... if you see the ball on his outs they flutter worse then chad pennington's, he tried to throw a 20 yard out a few weeks ago and the receiver had to curl up to catch it (turning it into a 15 yard out, and if the corner was halfway descent it probably should have been a pick 6)
                    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-20-2009, 10:15 AM.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Thanks for the clarification Ing and DB.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Thanks for the clarification Ing and DB.

Just don't listen to the idiots who are making claims off what he has done in GB or out of thin air. Plenty of QB's have struggled early and righted the ship and nobody is claiming Brohm to be the next Kelly.

However he does posess the skill set to be a very successful NFL QB, imo. He just needs to have it all click mentally.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Just don't listen to the idiots who are making claims off what he has done in GB or out of thin air. Plenty of QB's have struggled early and righted the ship and nobody is claiming Brohm to be the next Kelly.

However he does posess the skill set to be a very successful NFL QB, imo. He just needs to have it all click mentally.
                          This is exactly where I am at with this. I have some of my buddies emailing me about how I am an idiot for liking this pickup, claiming I think he is the savior. They are putting words in my mouth.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
                            • Jul 2009

This is exactly where I am at with this. I have some of my buddies emailing me about how I am an idiot for liking this pickup, claiming I think he is the savior. They are putting words in my mouth.
                            Your buddies are right.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

and if i remember correctly there was big talk on him coming out in his junior year and he was considered top be a top pick in draft kind of qb

he dropped becuz of injury.

and we dont know what real situation was in GB

hopefully we get lucky on this one. and i would love to see him play some this year.

but id still draft a qb next year

how much better would

vet qb - not sure who
                              brohm
                              1st round qb - not sure who

compared to

edwards
                              fitzpatrick
                              hamden

ill take the new list for sure

Comment

Working...