PDA

View Full Version : Wood believes in Brohm

The Spaz
11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
As a teenager Eric Wood’s Elder high school football team in Cincinnati had a big time problem beating Trinity high school in neighboring Kentucky. The problem was Trinity had Brian Brohm as their quarterback. All Brohm did in high school was lead Trinity to three consecutive state titles before being named USA Today’s Offensive Player of the Year.

Wood decided if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

“Brian’s a hardcore competitor and that’s one of my favorite things about him,” said Wood. “I played him in high school and he kicked our butts. When I heard he was going to Louisville I said I’m following that guy because he’s going to win a lot of ballgames. He’s a really talented quarterback and can throw the ball anywhere, makes all the throws. Just an instinctive, tough, competitive guy.”

During their three seasons together Wood and Brohm won 27 games with a couple of bowl appearances including an Orange Bowl win in 2007.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Wood-believes-in-Brohm/597851d1-d91c-435f-9e53-0f75bd658513

HHURRICANE
11-20-2009, 09:20 AM
This guy was horrible in Green Bay. Horrible. Now he's good. Okay.

Brady Quinn X 2.

Novacane
11-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Another thread ruined by mr negative :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
11-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Another thread ruined by mr negative :rolleyes:

You had better believe it. I'm not letting anyone try to get away with putting whip cream on ****.

The FO screwed this team in the off-season and got everyone to buy tickets etc. No coincidence that Peters was traded after the TO signing.

THATHURMANATOR
11-20-2009, 09:32 AM

Brady Quinn X 2.
I bet you didn't even see one pass thrown by him in GB or even read a word on him until 2 days ago.... Now you are a Brohm Expert.... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

yordad
11-20-2009, 09:55 AM
HHurrican. When was he bad? Could you give us his career stats please?

HHURRICANE
11-20-2009, 10:12 AM
I bet you didn't even see one pass thrown by him in GB or even read a word on him until 2 days ago.... Now you are a Brohm Expert.... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Actually I was a Brohm Fan. I watched him in pre-season in Green Bay. It wasn't clicking.

MikeInRoch
11-20-2009, 10:15 AM
You had better believe it. I'm not letting anyone try to get away with putting whip cream on ****.

The FO screwed this team in the off-season and got everyone to buy tickets etc. No coincidence that Peters was traded after the TO signing.

Thank goodness you are here to squash people's optimism. I'm sure, in time, they will be thankful.

Or they will just think you are an *******.

BidsJr
11-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I'll take Eric Woods opinion over some dipchat any day of the week.

justasportsfan
11-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Why doesn't HH quit like he said he would? All he does is ***** and whine and says he's done with the team and then when the bills make another move that doesn't cost us much (low risk /high reward) it's more whining. Someone tell him to stick a tampon in it.

mikemac2001
11-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Can you guys please stop using the quote feature i have had HH on ignore for awhile and to be honest the forum is way better

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Actually I was a Brohm Fan. I watched him in pre-season in Green Bay. It wasn't clicking.

I always guage a players ability off of a couple of pre-season snaps and ignore years of film in real game situations! Great strategy! :up:

HAMMER
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Can you guys please stop using the quote feature i have had HH on ignore for awhile and to be honest the forum is way better

I forgot about that, to ignore the turd goes.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 10:44 AM
If this guy is so good why was he on an NFL practice squad and not a roster? You guys are nuts. Keep up the optimism though it's really getting us places!

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
If this guy is so good why was he on an NFL practice squad and not a roster? You guys are nuts. Keep up the optimism though it's really getting us places!

I dont know why was Jason Peters, or Freddie Jackson?

Just because a guy is on PS, in NFLE, the AFL, AFL2, or IFL does not automatically mean he blows.

djjimkelly
11-20-2009, 10:51 AM

regardless for this season im higher on brohm then any other qb on this roster

Typ0
11-20-2009, 10:54 AM

Just because a guy is on PS, in NFLE, the AFL, AFL2, or IFL does not automatically mean he blows.

I never said he blows. I said he is a project and we shouldn't think much about this. So go ahead and get excited about it. I hope he turns into the second coming of Montana myself but I'm not holding my breath for that either.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
regardless for this season im higher on brohm then any other qb on this roster

yeah, because we are darn sure the other guys are taking us no where so why not cling to this next guy we don't know a lot about other than he's been struggling.

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I never said he blows. I said he is a project and we shouldn't think much about this. So go ahead and get excited about it. I hope he turns into the second coming of Montana myself but I'm not holding my breath for that either.

I dont think anybody is, but you seem to keep thinking that people are. I haven't seen one thing yet saying they know Brohm is a savior.

trapezeus
11-20-2009, 11:28 AM
brohm is low risk, high reward. chances are he flames out...but this isn't the 2004 draft class looking us in the face. we aren't going cheap with guaranteed options out there. There are no free agents next year at the position. we can't roll anothe ryear with edwards and fitz.

Of all our options, i'm ok with this. Especially if they say, "fix the lines in the draft and let brohm work it out." Because the worst case scenario (provided you pick the right LT and C) is that the team sucks again and we pick high the 2011 draft with a deeper QB class. This looks like an actual plan as opposed to the year to year crap this team has put out for 10 years.

It'll be interesting to see how a new GM looks at Modrak and guy. Maybe they side with them and say,"you guys know your talent...we just need to get the right coach to put them in the right spaces on the field" or if they are like, "you guys blow so hard...get out!"

Mudflap1
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Kurt Warner guys, Kurt f'n Warner. Think positive. And Warner wasn't even a touted prospect. Brohm was.

Keep this in mind -- guys like Henne and Kolb were second round picks, but specifically chosen to be groomed as future starting quarterbacks. Rodgers was the groomed starting quarterback in Green Bay. So while Brohm may not have looked sharp, he didn't exactly get the reps either. He is young, he was projected to be a good player, and we picked him up cheap. What do we have to lose?

trapezeus
11-20-2009, 12:59 PM
that's exactly the point mudflap. there is nothing to lose with this pickup. It's cheap, it's really the only option out there in terms of free agent acquisitions and it lets us see if we can solidify other areas that need it.

Look at minnesota. they had a great plan. build the line, get a defense. next year get a great RB, then next year get the QB to round it out. it's working for them. long term its not such a great plan, but its working right as of this minute.

Brohm is most likely not the answer. if he struggled behind greenbay's line, he's not going to find it much better here. but it could be one of those things where he just grew up a little over a year and things slowed down for him.

I hope we get to see him for a second during this season.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2009, 01:03 PM

Brady Quinn X 2.

He never got a snap in Green Bay, a bit early to say, yeah? Be fair, Green Bay does have Aaron Rodgers, he has been pretty damn good, huh?

yordad
11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
I think Brohm has BOOM written all over him!

tampabay25690
11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=HHURRICANE]This guy was horrible in Green Bay. Horrible. Now he's good. Okay.

Brady Quinn X 2.[/QUOT

Do u ever have anything good to say

starrymessenger
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM

If he enters the league as a highly decorated college quarterback and a high draft pick from a major programme having won a big bowl game and he winds up unprotected on somebodies practice squad, yeah, he probably blows.

bflojohn
11-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Starrymessanger, it hardly means that at all. The Packers are a team that stocks at the QB position, and Ron Wolf left that imprint on the Pack. The 90's were repleat with Green Bay trades, whereby Mark Brunell, Matt Hassleback, and Aaron Brooks were dealt to other teams to start there. In this, however, they wanted to keep the kid (matched the Bills contract offer) but Brian Brohm opted to join the Buffalo Bills instead. They simply lost an asset, and recieved nothing for him. They probably didn't have a proper gauge for his percieved value before offering him the active roster spot. In other words, they made a mistake....

RockStar36
11-20-2009, 02:30 PM
The people bashing the Brohm signing need to step back and relax.

The Bills got a 2nd round pick essentially for free and all they had to do was release Hamden, who by the way was NEVER going to see the field.

This is the lowest risk, highest reward scenario ever.

Give him a chance. We're 3-6 and have Ryan Fitzpatrick as a starting QB.

starrymessenger
11-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Starrymessanger, it hardly means that at all. The Packers are a team that stocks at the QB position, and Ron Wolf left that imprint on the Pack. The 90's were repleat with Green Bay trades, whereby Mark Brunell, Matt Hassleback, and Aaron Brooks were dealt to other teams to start there. In this, however, they wanted to keep the kid (matched the Bills contract offer) but Brian Brohm opted to join the Buffalo Bills instead. They simply lost an asset, and recieved nothing for him. They probably didn't have a proper gauge for his percieved value before offering him the active roster spot. In other words, they made a mistake....

I guess anything is possible...but if they made such a big mistake I find it strange that it took the rest of the league a month to realize it bearing in mind what a valuable a commodity a young QB with significant upside potential is. The fact that our FO was the only one to realize it is actually not much of an endorsement, come to think of it. I hope it all works out.

JD
11-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Look man, I love Edwards as much as you.. but give the guy a ****ing shot for christs sakes.

JD
11-20-2009, 03:46 PM
If he enters the league as a highly decorated college quarterback and a high draft pick from a major programme having won a big bowl game and he winds up unprotected on somebodies practice squad, yeah, he probably blows.

If he blows, why did Green Bay try to sign him when the Bills contacted him? I bet you missed that lil' tidbit huh bud?

starrymessenger
11-20-2009, 04:01 PM
If he blows, why did Green Bay try to sign him when the Bills contacted him? I bet you missed that lil' tidbit huh bud?

You would have lost that bet. I knew that they matched the Bills offer. What is perhaps harder to understand (at least for me) is why they would have put themselves at risk of losing him for, well, I guess it was actually more like 9 weeks, if he was valued by them as an asset. Somebody else suggested that the Pack just made a mistake. Ok then but why did no one else realize it before the light went on at OBD?

Lots of posters have described this a a low risk high reward proposition. Really it is more low risk and likely low reward. Why does it matter others say? Really only because some Bills fans are tired of choaking on the kool-aid. Don't mean to spoil anyone's enthousiasm.