PDA

View Full Version : You Know What's Messed Up Most?

Typ0
11-20-2009, 10:49 AM
people who run around acting like it's their job to be positive about everything and looking down on others who don't subscribe to their blind optimism. You know, the ones who act like their fun is being ruined by every prediction based on actual emperical evidence that doesn't indicate the optimist future. I hope you are not one of those types because they are worse than the most devout christians in centuries past who thought they were "saving" people by converting them or killing them.

You are entitled to your opinions people but so is everybody else. If you need to attack people or bully them to make yourself feel good it's you with the problem not the other party that doesn't agree with you. And yes, I'm very well aware you also can't listen and this falls on deaf ears.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 10:56 AM
the Realists will always put things into perspective whether the posters with rose-colored glasses want to believe it or not. these are my favorite posters as well. there's no sugar coating and they're usually right the majority of the time too.

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2009, 10:59 AM
You know what I think is messed up the most? Posters who post 5 threads a day with doom and gloom titles and materials within them. Just a personal opinion, and thats what makes a message board what it is.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 11:00 AM
You know what I think is messed up the most? Posters who post 5 threads a day with doom and gloom titles and materials within them. Just a personal opinion, and thats what makes a message board what it is.

right...don't read it then. It's your perogative. But you don't have to wine about it!

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2009, 11:01 AM
right...don't read it then. It's your perogative. But you don't have to wine about it!

I wont, and I didnt.

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 11:01 AM

Isn't that what you're doing though with this thread? Whining about other people's opinion?

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Isn't that what you're doing though with this thread? Whining about other people's opinion?

no and no

Typ0
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM

No.

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2009, 11:05 AM
no and no
to a degree, yes thats exactly what is happening, however i guess more negative people dont want positive thoughts pushed on them, just like the opposite is true. the point of the thread is to just speak your mind without trying to force other people to think what you're thinking because people have thier own opinions.

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 11:06 AM
No.

Well that was clearly a well thought out point. But if you say so pot.

HHURRICANE
11-20-2009, 11:06 AM

The funny thing is that there isn't 5 threads a day and the ones that do get posted usually get the most hits? Why is that?

Don't read them and don't post in them if you feel that strongly.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
to a degree, yes thats exactly what is happening, however i guess more negative people dont want positive thoughts pushed on them, just like the opposite is true. the point of the thread is to just speak your mind without trying to force other people to think what you're thinking because people have thier own opinions.

your 3 posts in 6 minutes is exactly what he's talking about.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 11:09 AM

Exactly. Things are going to go downhill around here fast and there are going to be major flare-ups if people don't take this advice to heart. We can communicate and be a community until positivists start stalking realists and being arrogant jerks or vice versa.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 11:11 AM

5 threads is not a lot. What gives you the right to say who should be starting threads and who shouldn't? If you want to filter content to your liking then go build a website of your own.

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2009, 11:13 AM
whatever, if you guys want to heap on others for having positive opinions and voicing them then idk what to tell you. no sweat off my brow, i come on here to read about my favorite sports team and perhaps engage in some debate while at work. just as you've said, if you dont like it, dont read it. im done with this thread.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 11:14 AM
whatever, if you guys want to heap on others for having positive opinions and voicing them then idk what to tell you. no sweat off my brow, i come on here to read about my favorite sports team and perhaps engage in some debate while at work. just as you've said, if you dont like it, dont read it. im done with this thread.

:snicker:

HAMMER
11-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Red or white whine?

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Red or white whine?

I prefer red on colder days.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-20-2009, 11:17 AM

It is exactly 100% right on. Just on the opposite end of spectrum. Hating on optimism. There is no reason to hate right now. They are trying to improve the operations. Buffalo made 2 nice moves to get that pass catching TE in backup role and picking up a high potential QB that has struggled in first year of action as a backup, dropped to third on depth. A guy that is equivelent to drafting claussen, locker, pike in boom or bust. Those are the only possible moves that can be made at this point in season. And the message ralph has sent out about not caring about money and nobody is safe. Talking about going after the best names.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 11:17 AM

no one is "heaping" (not sure what that means) on anyone for having a positive opinion...it's the anger and aggression those positivists have towards anyone that doesn't agree that is being heaped on.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
It is exactly 100% right on. Just on the opposite end of spectrum. Hating on optimism. There is no reason to hate right now. They are trying to improve the operations. Buffalo made 2 nice moves to get that pass catching TE in backup role and picking up a high potential QB that has struggled in first year of action as a backup, dropped to third on depth. A guy that is equivelent to drafting claussen, locker, pike in boom or bust. Those are the only possible moves that can be made at this point in season. And the message ralph has sent out about not caring about money and nobody is safe. Talking about going after the best names.

Wrong. It's hating on people who hate opinions so much they poorly articulate that hate.

justasportsfan
11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Typo, You used to tell us Dick built a winning culture here even though we were losing. That was very optimistic of you.

MikeInRoch
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
My problem is when people write threads not because they have a new thought or opinion, but specifically because they feel obligated to "correct" the feelings of others. No one needs correction.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Typo, You used to tell us Dick built a winning culture here even though we were losing. That was very optimistic of you.

So I guess we must have a really impressive winning culture since we lose so much. Thanks Jauron and Typo

Typ0
11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
So I guess we must have a really impressive winning culture since we lose so much. Thanks Jauron and Typo

I wish I could say assuradly that I was wrong but I can't. I'll admit I am leaning in that direction but there still remains the question of our talent level. ie, we could have a winning culture and never win because we don't have the skills or ability. I think you guys fail to see that...winning culture is about attitude as much as it is about actually winning. In fact, winning culture is a requirement to win usually but it doesn't mean you always win.

THATHURMANATOR
11-20-2009, 12:45 PM
people who run around acting like it's their job to be positive about everything and looking down on others who don't subscribe to their blind optimism. You know, the ones who act like their fun is being ruined by every prediction based on actual emperical evidence that doesn't indicate the optimist future. I hope you are not one of those types because they are worse than the most devout christians in centuries past who thought they were "saving" people by converting them or killing them.

You are entitled to your opinions people but so is everybody else. If you need to attack people or bully them to make yourself feel good it's you with the problem not the other party that doesn't agree with you. And yes, I'm very well aware you also can't listen and this falls on deaf ears.
GROAN

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2009, 12:47 PM
:idunno:

Typ0
11-20-2009, 01:00 PM
GROAN

boo hoo!

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 01:02 PM
boo hoo!

:lolpoint: Thurm

justasportsfan
11-21-2009, 09:38 AM
I wish I could say assuradly that I was wrong but I can't. I'll admit I am leaning in that direction but there still remains the question of our talent level. ie, we could have a winning culture and never win because we don't have the skills or ability. I think you guys fail to see that...winning culture is about attitude as much as it is about actually winning. In fact, winning culture is a requirement to win usually but it doesn't mean you always win.

attitude off the field and whats being shown on the field are 2 different things. One is proof , the other one is talk. If a winning culture to you is all blah ,blah blah, then you are right Dick built a winning culture.

Either ways, you were being optimistic about the teams hc even though we kept losing. You were just as guilty as the people you are blaming for being messed up.

Typ0
11-21-2009, 09:52 AM
attitude off the field and whats being shown on the field are 2 different things. One is proof , the other one is talk. If a winning culture to you is all blah ,blah blah, then you are right Dick built a winning culture.

Either ways, you were being optimistic about the teams hc even though we kept losing. You were just as guilty as the people you are blaming for being messed up.

No. The term "winning culture" refers to a concept in the fields of business management and social psychology. I was referring to that concept and that the the Bills seemed to have that attitude with DJ running the show. Winning culture is submersed in attitude and artifact. It's something that is viewed as a pathway to results but not the results themselves. You guys are welcome to continue to argue with me about this just understand that you aren't arguing with me you're arguing with standard acceptable practices in all the social sciences really. Basically, your standing on a high horse yelling about how you few people are right and the entire rest of the world is wrong about something that you clearly don't have an understanding of just by what you are saying. So keep it up it paints an appropriate picture.

As far as being optimistic I am not doing what others do at all. I have never come along and picked on an opinion telling the person they are required to be blindly optimistic to be acceptable people.

Jeff1220
11-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Extremes are messed up no matter what side you fall.

Typ0
11-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Extremes are messed up no matter what side you fall.

yep. I think it comes down to human development. When you teeter on extremes it indicates intellectual and emotional immaturity and insecurity. Sorry guys, just sayin.

mybills
11-21-2009, 11:05 AM
When the Bills are winning, the posters get along much better. It's expected to get cranky in here when they're not winning. I just laugh at cranky people. :up:

Buffalogic
11-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Grats on your useless and hypocritical thread.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah congrats.....