PDA

View Full Version : How would you react to..

Bone
11-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Perry Fewell remaining as HC next season and bring in a proven coach or GM and have him just run everything? I think the players are loving Perry's approach and style and if we start winning games maybe we should give him a shot.

DraftBoy
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
If he produces wins this year, I have no issue with it. If he doesnt, I have a huge issue with it.

HAMMER
11-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Fewell is going to have a hard time winning games, any coach would. This team is as banged up as I have ever seen a team. Look at this weeks injury report, Stroud, Byrd, McGee, Williams, Bell, Hardy, etc...That doesn't even take into account the IR list. Just because a player can start doesn't mean he is going to be effective....and then there is the QB issue. It is going to be a long seven weeks folks.

justasportsfan
11-20-2009, 12:12 PM
If Fewell can turn things around then maybe we just need a GM who knows football and not just a marketting GM in Russ. I have my doubts about Fewell though.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Fewell is garbage. I hope he gets fired as DC too

Nighthawk
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
No...change is needed throughout the organization.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
we need an offensive-minded HC.

Nighthawk
11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
we need an offensive-minded HC.

And a coach who won't run the crappy Tampa two!

BillsOwnAll
11-20-2009, 12:45 PM
clean house. This team has proven nothing on either sides of the ball the last 4 years.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
You've got to admit, Russ is a good GM in a marketing capacity - he is smart enough to be interviewing big name guys like Shanahan and Cowher to run the football operations while he can just sit back and work the business aspect, pretty clever actually.

Typ0
11-20-2009, 05:49 PM
I think the whole thing is RW's knee jerk reaction to the QB position constantly screwing the team. He called for TE to be gotten rid of and DJ didn't agree and got canned. They needed a guy there it didn't matter who. The team is in shambles and PF is in a bad situation but doesn't mind putting the experience on his resume before he gets canned too. RW flailed around calling for immediate upgrades at the QB position and we got a guy that might turn out to be better than hamden. RF played like vomit but won a couple games so he gets the start. I just hope the team looks like professionals this week the embarasment has been brutal lately.

Mahdi
11-20-2009, 05:53 PM
This team needs an identity on offense. When was the last time Buffalo was known for either their run game or pass game?

We need an offensive minded coach that can come in here and get the best out of Evans, Hardy, Nelson, Lynch and Jackson.

As well as the draft picks invested on the line.

X-Era
11-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Perry Fewell remaining as HC next season and bring in a proven coach or GM and have him just run everything? I think the players are loving Perry's approach and style and if we start winning games maybe we should give him a shot.
No interest.

I want proven at this point, anything else is something unproven which has not worked in Buffalo in the past 16 years.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2009, 06:43 PM
no thanks. i don't want anyone that has been tainted by dick moron.

Mudflap1
11-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I like Perry, but let's let him coach a game first before we start giving him the job full-time. I am of the opine that he might have some potential, but isn't ready or experienced enough to make something out of this clown circus yet. We need an experienced guy who everyone has faith in from Day 1.

tampabay25690
11-20-2009, 08:02 PM

No problem with it at all...
The key is a smart GM to get this teams swagger back...

Lexwhat
11-20-2009, 09:27 PM
As I stated in another thread, finding a successful NFL head coach is an especially unpredictable process.

How many people thought Sean Payton, Mike Smith, Tony Sparano, John Harbaugh, or Mike Tomlin would be so successful? You might have predicted 2-3 of these guys, but I doubt you would have nailed all 5.

If Fewell can coach, then he can coach! It's that simple. If he does well, why not consider him??

Anyways, what we need the most is top-notch talent evaluators and (preferably) an up-and-coming football guy as our GM. I would also not be opposed to Cowher becoming our GM (IMO, I think Shanahan would be better as a Head Coach than as a GM).

Just my opinion.

imbondz
11-21-2009, 12:44 AM
what if we win the rest of our games, make the playoffs, and make it to the AFC championship game, upset Indianapolis on a last second TD, and beat New Orleans in the Super Bowl. then i'd want him to stay.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2009, 05:22 AM
I'd have an issue regardless of who they bring in to coach if Brandon, Guy and Modrak are still running the show.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2009, 06:54 AM
You've got to admit, Russ is a good GM in a marketing capacity - he is smart enough to be interviewing big name guys like Shanahan and Cowher to run the football operations while he can just sit back and work the business aspect, pretty clever actually.

but is he smart enough to get one of them signed?

PECKERWOOD
11-21-2009, 07:03 AM
but is he smart enough to get one of them signed?

:bucks:

Is Ralph ballsy enough to spend the moolah?

Buddo
11-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Whilst I think Fewell has done a pretty good job with the D, and I also think he could have done better if Jauron wasn't asking for 'prevent' half the time, I really don't see where he is suddenly going to conjure up a working offense from.
If Fewell was to be HC next year, after putting some life (and results) back into the team, I'd definitely want to see a very experienced OC installed under him.
While I think that overall AVP is showing signs of being a decent game play caller, the fact remains, that we have no idea whether he is capable of designing a whole offense, and then making it work.
I'm by no means 'anti' Fewell, but I just don't think his experience lends itself to fix the part that is mostly broken, i.e. the offense. I wouldn't be unhappy if Shanahan or Holmgren came in, and kept Fewell as the DC, as I think he's the guy who has actually performed this year, out of the coaching staff (alongside our secondary coach (Catavalos), and also Bob Sanders).
In all honesty, what the Bills need, is someone like Shanahan or Holmgren, who will put together a successful offense.

bills4ver
11-21-2009, 10:16 AM
keeping perry would be more of the same, NO WAY POSSIBLE IMO

he has to win every game to stay won't happen. This team needs a new proven direction

justasportsfan
11-21-2009, 10:53 AM
I actually wouldn't mind it if the new HC would retain him as DC .