X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soapman
    • Jan 2008

LMAO at all the Brohm love!

You guys do realize that for the past 9 weeks he's been on the practice squad for any of 31, including his own, teams besides us to pick up? Maybe he just sucks. Ever think of that? Let's see; Cleveland, Miami, Denver, Oakland, Phili, DC, Carolina, Tampa all needed QBs and not even a sniff for him. Now you guys are ready for him to start Sunday? News flash, this scouting staff ain't that good. There's a reason he was on the practice squad in his second year after being a 2nd round pick. The kid is some trash.

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: LMAO at all the Brohm love!

LMAO at the haters...

Comment

• Dicknoze69
      Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
      • Jul 2002

I don't think anyone wants him to start right now except the crazies. Most people have said that it's like picking up an extra 2nd round pick. Maybe he is trash, but a lot of quarterbacks were considered "trash" at one point in their career. It's a low risk move with a good amount of potential with almost zero downside.

God give me style and give me grace
      God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• superbills
        • Mar 2003

Right, so that means we should just start the trash we've had on the team all along? Brohm has had a rough start, to be sure. But he was highly touted coming into the 08 draft and cannot possibly be any worse that what we have on the roster right now. There is no harm in bringing him in and letting him see some action. If successful, we have at least a stop-gap while we figure out whether he or someone esle will be our long term solution. If not, cut bait and he can bag groceries with Trent, FItz, and Hamden.
        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
        Ronald Reagan
        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

It's mid-season. The team has a problem and they're trying to correct it. Will it work? Who knows- probably not. But at least we have some hope for the moment, and the season's shot anyway so it's not like we lose anything by trying.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• superbills
            • Mar 2003

And no, I'm not talking about starting him Sunday or anything. Later in the season though for sure. Let's see what he's got once he gets a feel for whatever it is we do on offense.
            "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
            Ronald Reagan

Comment

• T-Long
              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
              • Sep 2003

Coming out as a junior, he was projected to go early 1st! Snagging him off the practice squad for nothing is def. worth a shot. Is he going to be the next superstar? Highly doubtful. But he SURE as hell is better than Gibran freaking Hamden. God, some of you guys drive me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by soapman
                You guys do realize that for the past 9 weeks he's been on the practice squad for any of 31, including his own, teams besides us to pick up? Maybe he just sucks. Ever think of that? Let's see; Cleveland, Miami, Denver, Oakland, Phili, DC, Carolina, Tampa all needed QBs and not even a sniff for him. Now you guys are ready for him to start Sunday? News flash, this scouting staff ain't that good. There's a reason he was on the practice squad in his second year after being a 2nd round pick. The kid is some trash.
                Denver haven't been doing too badly with Orton, Phili have Kolb, Tampa just drafted Freeman ........

and how do you know it was just the Bills who made a pitch for him?

There is such a thing as Brohm deciding where he wanted to go. Considered that?
                Last edited by Guest; 11-20-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Why would Miami, Denver, Philadelphia, or Carolina need a QB?

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by superbills
                    And no, I'm not talking about starting him Sunday or anything. Later in the season though for sure. Let's see what he's got once he gets a feel for whatever it is we do on offense.
                    That's the thing. We do nothing on offense. NOTHING. So, give him a few weeks to learn the O then let him finish the season. If he fails miserably, so what? We get a better draft pick. If he shows promise, maybe it's one less hole we have to fill in the off-season.

I think some people may be getting a little too excited about this move. But there is very little downside to it. We traded a career journeyman with no chance for success for an unknown who hasn't had his opportunity yet. I don't see any reason to get excited or start trying to buy 2010 playoff tickets, but I also don't see how anyone could have a problem with this move. There is nothing to lose here.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• superbills
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      That's the thing. We do nothing on offense. NOTHING. So, give him a few weeks to learn the O then let him finish the season. If he fails miserably, so what? We get a better draft pick. If he shows promise, maybe it's one less hole we have to fill in the off-season.

I think some people may be getting a little too excited about this move. But there is very little downside to it. We traded a career journeyman with no chance for success for an unknown who hasn't had his opportunity yet. I don't see any reason to get excited or start trying to buy 2010 playoff tickets, but I also don't see how anyone could have a problem with this move. There is nothing to lose here.
                      Exactly.
                      Ronald Reagan

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Another teams garbage is a future Buffalo Bills great.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                          • Apr 2005

Seems to me there are more then a few guys in the NFL that spent time in the Arena league. So your point is what ? Is this team not better having Frddie Jackson on it? The cards have some guy who was picked up from an arena league team as well. I think it's worked out for them.
                          Will this signing translate into success? Who knows , but at least there has been some movement in a direction of improving this team.
                          So Laugh you Arse off all you like , I like the idea that we are now looking to get better. I can live with a practice squad player if he can grow and contribute.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                            I don't think anyone wants him to start right now except the crazies. Most people have said that it's like picking up an extra 2nd round pick. Maybe he is trash, but a lot of quarterbacks were considered "trash" at one point in their career. It's a low risk move with a good amount of potential with almost zero downside.
                            Um I want him to start at some point this season. There is nothing crazy about that at all. The QB's we have suck major ass. Why not evaluate this kid to see if he has anything. It would be Crazy to not play him IMO.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Another teams garbage is a future Buffalo Bills great.
                              Probably not but why not give him some PT is all I am saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X