PDA

View Full Version : LMAO at all the Brohm love!

soapman
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
You guys do realize that for the past 9 weeks he's been on the practice squad for any of 31, including his own, teams besides us to pick up? Maybe he just sucks. Ever think of that? Let's see; Cleveland, Miami, Denver, Oakland, Phili, DC, Carolina, Tampa all needed QBs and not even a sniff for him. Now you guys are ready for him to start Sunday? News flash, this scouting staff ain't that good. There's a reason he was on the practice squad in his second year after being a 2nd round pick. The kid is some trash.

The Spaz
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
LMAO at the haters...

Dicknoze69
11-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't think anyone wants him to start right now except the crazies. Most people have said that it's like picking up an extra 2nd round pick. Maybe he is trash, but a lot of quarterbacks were considered "trash" at one point in their career. It's a low risk move with a good amount of potential with almost zero downside.

superbills
11-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Right, so that means we should just start the trash we've had on the team all along? Brohm has had a rough start, to be sure. But he was highly touted coming into the 08 draft and cannot possibly be any worse that what we have on the roster right now. There is no harm in bringing him in and letting him see some action. If successful, we have at least a stop-gap while we figure out whether he or someone esle will be our long term solution. If not, cut bait and he can bag groceries with Trent, FItz, and Hamden.

OpIv37
11-20-2009, 03:03 PM
It's mid-season. The team has a problem and they're trying to correct it. Will it work? Who knows- probably not. But at least we have some hope for the moment, and the season's shot anyway so it's not like we lose anything by trying.

superbills
11-20-2009, 03:04 PM
And no, I'm not talking about starting him Sunday or anything. Later in the season though for sure. Let's see what he's got once he gets a feel for whatever it is we do on offense.

T-Long
11-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Coming out as a junior, he was projected to go early 1st! Snagging him off the practice squad for nothing is def. worth a shot. Is he going to be the next superstar? Highly doubtful. But he SURE as hell is better than Gibran freaking Hamden. God, some of you guys drive me nuts!

kernowboy
11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
You guys do realize that for the past 9 weeks he's been on the practice squad for any of 31, including his own, teams besides us to pick up? Maybe he just sucks. Ever think of that? Let's see; Cleveland, Miami, Denver, Oakland, Phili, DC, Carolina, Tampa all needed QBs and not even a sniff for him. Now you guys are ready for him to start Sunday? News flash, this scouting staff ain't that good. There's a reason he was on the practice squad in his second year after being a 2nd round pick. The kid is some trash.

Denver haven't been doing too badly with Orton, Phili have Kolb, Tampa just drafted Freeman ........

and how do you know it was just the Bills who made a pitch for him?

There is such a thing as Brohm deciding where he wanted to go. Considered that?

RockStar36
11-20-2009, 03:07 PM

Why would Miami, Denver, Philadelphia, or Carolina need a QB?

OpIv37
11-20-2009, 03:09 PM
And no, I'm not talking about starting him Sunday or anything. Later in the season though for sure. Let's see what he's got once he gets a feel for whatever it is we do on offense.

That's the thing. We do nothing on offense. NOTHING. So, give him a few weeks to learn the O then let him finish the season. If he fails miserably, so what? We get a better draft pick. If he shows promise, maybe it's one less hole we have to fill in the off-season.

I think some people may be getting a little too excited about this move. But there is very little downside to it. We traded a career journeyman with no chance for success for an unknown who hasn't had his opportunity yet. I don't see any reason to get excited or start trying to buy 2010 playoff tickets, but I also don't see how anyone could have a problem with this move. There is nothing to lose here.

superbills
11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
That's the thing. We do nothing on offense. NOTHING. So, give him a few weeks to learn the O then let him finish the season. If he fails miserably, so what? We get a better draft pick. If he shows promise, maybe it's one less hole we have to fill in the off-season.

I think some people may be getting a little too excited about this move. But there is very little downside to it. We traded a career journeyman with no chance for success for an unknown who hasn't had his opportunity yet. I don't see any reason to get excited or start trying to buy 2010 playoff tickets, but I also don't see how anyone could have a problem with this move. There is nothing to lose here.

Exactly.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Another teams garbage is a future Buffalo Bills great.

sdbillsfan2
11-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Seems to me there are more then a few guys in the NFL that spent time in the Arena league. So your point is what ? Is this team not better having Frddie Jackson on it? The cards have some guy who was picked up from an arena league team as well. I think it's worked out for them.
Will this signing translate into success? Who knows , but at least there has been some movement in a direction of improving this team.
So Laugh you Arse off all you like , I like the idea that we are now looking to get better. I can live with a practice squad player if he can grow and contribute.

THATHURMANATOR
11-20-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't think anyone wants him to start right now except the crazies. Most people have said that it's like picking up an extra 2nd round pick. Maybe he is trash, but a lot of quarterbacks were considered "trash" at one point in their career. It's a low risk move with a good amount of potential with almost zero downside.
Um I want him to start at some point this season. There is nothing crazy about that at all. The QB's we have suck major ass. Why not evaluate this kid to see if he has anything. It would be Crazy to not play him IMO.

THATHURMANATOR
Another teams garbage is a future Buffalo Bills great.
Probably not but why not give him some PT is all I am saying.

THATHURMANATOR

:bf1:

Ferrygoat
11-20-2009, 03:26 PM
James Harrison from the steelers, yeah the defensive player of the year....He was cut numerous times by the steelers then picked up by the ravens sent nfl europe and then was cut by the ravens, steelers signed him due to injuries and now hes the defensive player of the year.....goes to show you, being on someones practice squad doesnt always mean your garbage

THATHURMANATOR
11-20-2009, 03:27 PM
ESPECIALLY Philly... WTF they have 3 starters.

don137
11-20-2009, 03:33 PM
People are excited this team is showing a pulse that it cares...No change does nothing to help this team. The Bills gave up nothing to get the guy so why all the hate?...The chances are not great that the Brohm move pays off but what do they have to lose. It gives the next coach tape to look at to see what they have with the guy. I could see if they signed a 5 year journey man but this kid is still very young.

Ferrygoat
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
The packers also valued him enough to try and keep him but he chose to come to buffalo

Mudflap1
11-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Brohm > Pistol. That alone makes him worth having a look.

Ground Chuck
11-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Imagine how excited the fans of the team that picks up Hamdan will be.

He's a real QB who was on an actual roster.

malo
11-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Brohm couldn't even make an ufl roster.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-20-2009, 03:38 PM

Only team you listed that could use a QB is Carolina. Delhomme is as clueless as Edwards. He has been very bad for about a year and a half. INT, Fumble machine with a very good Oline with Otah and Gross. They def regret that extension they gave Jake.

JD
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Or he was never given a shot being smothered by the Rogers masturbation over in green bay? They want a Favre QB so badly they've thrown the bus at Rogers and left Brohm waiting for the bus.

ALLLLLLLL aboard the Brohm love bus!

X-Era
11-20-2009, 04:46 PM

Maybe those other 31 teams have either a QB who is succeeding or a HC who is "sold" on the current guy starting (right or wrong).

BillsOwnAll
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
why not start him? Give me one good reason. edwrads fitz are proven they cant be the franchise QB. Start hamden or brohm..why not.

The Spaz
11-20-2009, 05:40 PM
why not start him? Give me one good reason. edwrads fitz are proven they cant be the franchise QB. Start hamden or brohm..why not.

I think he should learn some of the offense first...

Ingtar33
11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
personally i'm neither excited nor bothered by the signing.

I loved him in college, but he clearly has struggled in the pros. either he turns it around, in which case we get lucky. or he doesn't, in which case we lose nothing.

I think we'd be foolish to at least not consider looking for a new QB in the off season no matter how good he looks.

X-Era
11-20-2009, 05:59 PM

I loved him in college, but he clearly has struggled in the pros. either he turns it around, in which case we get lucky. or he doesn't, in which case we lose nothing.

I think we'd be foolish to at least not consider looking for a new QB in the off season no matter how good he looks.

I think there's zero chance we wont be looking in the off season so, to me, that point is moot.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 06:11 PM

it doesn't hurt to see what this kid has. the QB's i've seen on the Bills this year aren't lighting up the league.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 06:12 PM

i agree.

MassEffect218435
11-20-2009, 06:47 PM
This is a signing where the Bills have absolutely nothing to lose. Is the the future of the franchise? Highly unlikely, but Edwards clearly is not, so what do you have to lose by bringing him in and giving it a shot? If nothing else this is another genius marketing scheme. Any new QB that comes to Buffalo is automatically dubbed the next "savior" and Brohm will be no different. Don't play him this season so he isn't exposed to the fan base and go into next season with him being the unknown starter, tickets will sell like there's no tomorrow.

DynaPaul
11-20-2009, 08:08 PM
I thought Brohm was coming in only as a backup, not a starter?

Demon
11-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Would the haters change their opinions IF this actually wasn't our idea, but Mike Shanahan's idea?

This from John TiDitullio's twitter-

I was told today my a source that Shanahan encouraged the Bills to sign Brian Brohm away from the Packers. More on this at 3:00 at WHTK.com

http://twitter.com/johnditullio

Not sure how legit this is. On his radio show, he does host "Bills Brothers" with Scott Pitoniak, Sal Mairorana and Mike Catolina. So he does have atleast 3 very legit sources. He also said Shanahan was in Rochester, so idk.. lol

SABURZFAN
11-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Would the haters change their opinions IF this actually wasn't our idea, but Mike Shanahan's idea?

Not sure how legit this is. On his radio show, he does host "Bills Brothers" with Scott Pitoniak, Sal Mairorana and Mike Catolina. So he does have atleast 3 very legit sources. He also said Shanahan was in Rochester, so idk.. lol

word has it that Shanahan won't sign anywhere unless he has a QB that he wants. maybe The Old Fart is serious about getting people who know what the hell they're doing. :idunno:

soapman
11-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Denver haven't been doing too badly with Orton, Phili have Kolb, Tampa just drafted Freeman ........

and how do you know it was just the Bills who made a pitch for him?

There is such a thing as Brohm deciding where he wanted to go. Considered that?

Before the season started there was uncertainty in Denver, Phili went out and signed Garcia for a week when they didn't have full faith in Kolb, Tampa had NO success with any of they're quarterbacks. It's week 9 pal. Meaning in 9 weeks he waited around for the Bills? Highly unlikely.

Miami lost Pennington, Carolina has little to no trust in they're backups hence Delhome never being benched.

I'm not saying it's a bad move or it's a downside. I'm saying that everybody acting like we signed Brett Farve need to calm down. It's no secret we have players that wouldn't make a practice squad on the other teams in the league so yeah maybe he is better than what we have currently. Hell maybe even all the way to the top of the depth chart but like I said, he hasn't received a sniff. He has bust written all over him. People act like just because he was "projected" high he can't be a bust. Hell Ryan Leaf was "Projected" to be the next Dan Marino.

James Harrison from the steelers, yeah the defensive player of the year....He was cut numerous times by the steelers then picked up by the ravens sent nfl europe and then was cut by the ravens, steelers signed him due to injuries and now hes the defensive player of the year.....goes to show you, being on someones practice squad doesnt always mean your garbage

James Harrison, Freddy Jackson, Kurt Warner are the exceptions not the rule. Do I have to run down all the lists of all the ones that didn't work out? The ones that were cut and undrafted for a reason?

kernowboy
11-21-2009, 03:12 AM
Brohm wasn't available before the start of the season as he wasn't on the practice squad, as the practice squad hadn't been determined so Denver could not have signed him.

Tampa have just spent a R1 pick on a QB - Freeman - they are hardly likely to throw him immediately under the bus.

Err, Garcia was signed by the Eagles because they were short of QBs with McNabb breaking a rib, and Vick still suspended. As soon as Vick completed his suspension it was Garcia who was released. Nothing to do with their faith in Kolb; with both McNabb and Vick unavailable they needed more than one QB.

With a massive contract, Carolina are compelled to play Delhomme in the hope he plays out of his current poor form. And as for Miami, not only do they have Henne, but they also have Pat White drafted this year in R2 and had traded for Thigpen.

And let us not forget that as a practice squader Brohm had the final say in where he went and clearly thinks that he has a greater chance of getting game time at Buffalo

Are we knocking a guy who has moved to us, because he sees the prospect of being given a genuine chance here to be higher than elsewhere? Give the lad a break.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2009, 05:19 AM
It's not "love" it's called a different option that can and should get some playing time.

We all know the two guys we have who masquerade as NFL QBs on Sundays aren't the answer and well basically suck, so, why not try to go with someone else who was highly touted at one point?

I don't think anyone on this board is gonna say Brohm is great or the answer. But it's worth it to find out what he has when we know what we have already isn't good enough.

kernowboy
11-21-2009, 07:08 AM
If you don't ask the question ..... you never get the answer

Jan Reimers
11-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Once upon a time, before many of you were born, Johnny Unitas was cut by Pittsburgh. He went on to become the greatest QB of his era, if not all time.

Philagape
11-21-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm saying that everybody acting like we signed Brett Farve need to calm down.

Say people have acted like that is sillier than anything anyone has said about Brohm

SABURZFAN
11-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Once upon a time, before many of you were born, Johnny Unitas was cut by Pittsburgh. He went on to become the greatest QB of his era, if not all time.

very nice history lesson. :bf1:

yordad
11-21-2009, 08:30 AM
James Harrison, Freddy Jackson, Kurt Warner are the exceptions not the rule. Do I have to run down all the lists of all the ones that didn't work out? The ones that were cut and undrafted for a reason?There is no rule.

yordad
11-21-2009, 08:33 AM
If you don't ask the question ..... you never get the answerOr in our case (as Bills fans)..... we never get "the answer" either way. :(

yordad
11-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Brian Brohm is the future in sports entertainment!

Ron Burgundy
11-21-2009, 08:47 AM

Once upon a time...before, after, and possibly even during the moment some of you were born...a quarterback from a practice squad signed with another team and turned out to be nothing special.

Nighthawk
11-21-2009, 09:03 AM
It's mid-season. The team has a problem and they're trying to correct it. Will it work? Who knows- probably not. But at least we have some hope for the moment, and the season's shot anyway so it's not like we lose anything by trying.

It's hilarious and funny to see the posters who have no knowledge of football and what players have done in the past. This kid was a great college QB with tons of upside and talent. He's only been in the year for a year and hasn't been given a shot to see if he can play. He's been stuck behind Favre and Rodgers and all of a sudden he's garbage??? Some posters really show their ignorance on this site and people who are not giving this kid a chance really need to relax and see what he can do.

Nighthawk
11-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Once upon a time...before, after, and possibly even during the moment some of you were born...a quarterback from a practice squad signed with another team and turned out to be nothing special.

Umm, what about Romo...how about Hasselbeck?

Ron Burgundy
11-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Umm, what about Romo...how about Hasselbeck?

That "whoosh" sound is the point flying over your head.

For every Unitas or Hasselbeck, there are hundreds of no-namers who didn't amount to anything.

X-Era
11-21-2009, 09:17 AM
It's hilarious and funny to see the posters who have no knowledge of football and what players have done in the past. This kid was a great college QB with tons of upside and talent. He's only been in the year for a year and hasn't been given a shot to see if he can play. He's been stuck behind Favre and Rodgers and all of a sudden he's garbage??? Some posters really show their ignorance on this site and people who are not giving this kid a chance really need to relax and see what he can do.

Theres certainly reason for concern that he will never be anything. But, if your looking at unproven QB's with potential, hes a pretty darn good prospect.

I think the smart move would be not to put all your eggs in this basket, but add a quality vet, maybe even another draftee.

If people are worried that the Bills may call this position "filled" now and not do anything else at QB, they might, but I think that's highly unlikely.

I finally like what the Bills are doing.

Get Shanny or Cowher in the fold and locked up, and my hopes will go from almost non-existant to very very high.

Give Brohm an on-the-field tryout as soon as possible. We have nothing to lose now.

Jan Reimers
11-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Absolutely. It can go either way. My point is, it's ridiculous to be totally negative - or positive - toward a guy who we just signed, and has not thrown a pass yet for us.

MassEffect218435
11-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Speaking of ignorant posters that know nothing of the sport; he was never stuck behind Favre numb nuts.

Mike in Syracuse
11-21-2009, 09:41 AM
If Fitz gets hurt who do you put in? Personally, I'd just put Brohm in, he can't be worse than Edwards

justasportsfan
11-21-2009, 09:48 AM

you forgot to mention that the packers themselves offered him a 2 year contract. That means they themselves were ready to commit.He could be garbage but we picked up that garbage for nothing. doing nothing is worse than trying .

MassEffect218435
11-21-2009, 09:51 AM
you forgot to mention that the packers themselves offered him a 2 year contract. That means they themselves were ready to commit.He could be garbage but we picked up that garbage for nothing. doing nothing is worse than trying .Everyone keeps saying this, but you realize that he knew he would have zero chance of starting in Green Bay, ever right? Of course he's going to go with the team that hasn't had a QB in a decade where he can actually get some playing time. It's not like both teams needed a QB and he "chose" Buffalo over Green Bay. He just went where he's going to get a chance for some playing time, it's as simple as that.

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Everyone keeps saying this, but you realize that he knew he would have zero chance of starting in Green Bay, ever right? Of course he's going to go with the team that hasn't had a QB in a decade where he can actually get some playing time. It's not like both teams needed a QB and he "chose" Buffalo over Green Bay. He just went where he's going to get a chance for some playing time, it's as simple as that.

Right, but it's nice to see that Green Bay thought enough of the kid to offer the same contract as Buffalo to keep him on the Packers.

MassEffect218435
11-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Right, but it's nice to see that Green Bay thought enough of the kid to offer the same contract as Buffalo to keep him on the Packers.Of course they did, they just blew a second round pick on him a year ago. Naturally they want to keep him around and "hope" that he comes around someday. By the way, it's pretty sad that a second round pick was sitting on the practice squad while Flynn, who was drafted the same year but much later (seventh round) is on the active roster. Flynn was horrible at LSU and didn't have half the collegiate career that Brohm did, but he performed better where it counts, in the NFL.

I'm NOT saying that it was a bad move by the Bills. There's absolutely nothing to lose with this move and it's going to sell plenty of tickets because every QB brought in is the next Jim Kelly. But don't drink the juice just yet. Brohm was good in college, but judging by the pre-season (since there's nothing else to go off of right now) games I saw him in over the past couple of years he has a long way to go.

soapman
11-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Err, Garcia was signed by the Eagles because they were short of QBs with McNabb breaking a rib, and Vick still suspended. As soon as Vick completed his suspension it was Garcia who was released. Nothing to do with their faith in Kolb; with both McNabb and Vick unavailable they needed more than one QB.

With a massive contract, Carolina are compelled to play Delhomme in the hope he plays out of his current poor form. And as for Miami, not only do they have Henne, but they also have Pat White drafted this year in R2 and had traded for Thigpen.

And let us not forget that as a practice squader Brohm had the final say in where he went and clearly thinks that he has a greater chance of getting game time at Buffalo

Are we knocking a guy who has moved to us, because he sees the prospect of being given a genuine chance here to be higher than elsewhere? Give the lad a break.

Miami maybe, Denver possibly however they went into the season unsure with Orton, philli could have used the insurance and Delhomme's contract is irrellevant seeing that it probably cost Buffalo almost nothing to get him. As far as him choosing Buffalo because this is where he had the best chance to play, DUH! Ofcourse he has the best chance of playing here. Look who's ahead of him. Why would he stay in Green Bay where he had no chance of playing? That would make him an idiot. I'm not knocking him. I'm just saying everybody calm down. If he was as good as everyone thought he was he wouldn't have been available. Secondly if Green Bay who groomed Rodges, couldn't develop him and thought so little of him to practice squad him, there us no way the great coaches here in Buffalo can develop him. Just my opinion.

soapman
11-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Right. We just picked up Johnny Unitas.

justasportsfan
11-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Everyone keeps saying this, but you realize that he knew he would have zero chance of starting in Green Bay, ever right? Of course he's going to go with the team that hasn't had a QB in a decade where he can actually get some playing time. It's not like both teams needed a QB and he "chose" Buffalo over Green Bay. He just went where he's going to get a chance for some playing time, it's as simple as that.
just like Aaron Rogers wasn't going to star in GB behind Farve? Like I said , he may very well turn out to be garbage but we just picked him up on the side of the street .

yordad
11-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Of course they did, they just blew a second round pick on him a year ago. Naturally they want to keep him around and "hope" that he comes around someday. By the way, it's pretty sad that a second round pick was sitting on the practice squad while Flynn, who was drafted the same year but much later (seventh round) is on the active roster. Flynn was horrible at LSU and didn't have half the collegiate career that Brohm did, but he performed better where it counts, in the NFL.

I'm NOT saying that it was a bad move by the Bills. There's absolutely nothing to lose with this move and it's going to sell plenty of tickets because every QB brought in is the next Jim Kelly. But don't drink the juice just yet. Brohm was good in college, but judging by the pre-season (since there's nothing else to go off of right now) games I saw him in over the past couple of years he has a long way to go.Brohm has like a 90 QB rating in his last 2 preseason games. I mean seriously, are you going to judge the dudes career based on a few rookie preseason passes? For all we know he may have simply not got along with Rogers.

soapman
11-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Say people have acted like that is sillier than anything anyone has said about Brohm
I'm guessing you missed the reference to Johnny U?

soapman
11-21-2009, 11:02 AM
You're right. People really do show their ignorance. Especially the ones that usesomeones college career as the basis for their pro prowess. Do I need to list the great college QBs with great upside and potential that never worked out? And he was stuck behind Rogers and Farve but last year he was stuck behind Rogers and some other no name qb. You can say the same about Rogers but he managed to stay second on the depth chart.

jmb1099
11-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Green Bay is less concerned about not being wrong about Brohm as they are about being wrong about Rogers. The whole Rogers soap opera is what ultimately lead to the Favre debacle, a move that has come back to bite Green Bay in the arse 2x this year, both in the standings, and with the fan base. The fact that Green Bay tried to sign Brohm to a two year contract should tell you something about the concerns of their front office regarding their team, specifically the position of QB. There are one of two possible scenarios as to whay Brohm was even drafted by GB: for insurance in case Rogers faltered, or for trade leverage. Either way, it didn't pan out and Brohm was placed on the PR.
Now, of all the teams that may have shown in interest in him (or may not have), the only team that Brohm has a legitimate chance to start on is Buffalo. Everywhere else he's just holding a roster spot or a clip board and for guys like Brohm, that just isn't enough. He was a star in college, he wants to play or at least a legitimate chance to prove he can and he has that in Buffalo.
So what happened in Green Bay? How motivated would you be to perform if you knew that no matter how well you did you still couldn't obtain the desired reward for your efforts? But aside from all of that, I have no idea if he will transition into what we need, but neither does anyone else at this point. Regardless, the pick up cost us nothing, there is n harm in trying, and there is especially no harm in the fan base at least being optimistically curious about what Brohm may or may not be able to do. Worst case scenario is that we still don't have a qb... and for us that is nothing new.

MassEffect218435
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM
just like Aaron Rogers wasn't going to star in GB behind Farve? Like I said , he may very well turn out to be garbage but we just picked him up on the side of the street .Who said that? They obviously thought enough of him to get rid of a legend. You're basically saying what I already said, this is a no lose situation.

MassEffect218435
11-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Brohm has like a 90 QB rating in his last 2 preseason games. I mean seriously, are you going to judge the dudes career based on a few rookie preseason passes? For all we know he may have simply not got along with Rogers.I even underlined it and people still fail to read it.

yordad
11-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I even underlined it and people still fail to read it.Naw, I read it. That was what the first sentence was for.

Nighthawk
11-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Speaking of ignorant posters that know nothing of the sport; he was never stuck behind Favre numb nuts.

Ummm, idiot...he was drafted with the expectation of replacing Favre and beating out Rodgers because they didn't like what they saw in Rodgers for the time he was there...or did you not remember that?

Nighthawk
11-21-2009, 11:26 AM

Seriously, you guys are f'n moronic...who said that he's going to be the next Kelly or Unitas or Marino etc...??? All I've said is that you have nothing to lose to pickup a guy with talent and upside and add him into the mix to see what you've got. Just because he wasn't an instant star in his first year in NFL does not mean he might not turn into something. He could also fall flat on his face, but nobody knows that until he gets a shot.

DraftBoy
11-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Ummm, idiot...he was drafted with the expectation of replacing Favre and beating out Rodgers because they didn't like what they saw in Rodgers for the time he was there...or did you not remember that?

Im not sure that was the reason.

MassEffect218435
11-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Ummm, idiot...he was drafted with the expectation of replacing Favre and beating out Rodgers because they didn't like what they saw in Rodgers for the time he was there...or did you not remember that? You said that he was "stuck behind Favre" dipstick; which is false. Again, speaking of ignorance...

Nighthawk
11-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Im not sure that was the reason.

I do remember them actually drafting him because they were not sure that Rodgers was the answer and they fully expected Brohm to come in and battle him for that position. There were draft experts and NFL experts who thought he would actually win that job. It didn't turn out that way...hopefully he can do something here.

Nighthawk
11-21-2009, 11:41 AM
You said that he was "stuck behind Favre" dip****; which is false. Again, speaking of ignorance...

All of your posts are ignorant...when are you going away?

Typ0
11-21-2009, 04:54 PM
seriously if GB thought much of him he would have been practicing with the team. The only other explanation is there is an injury thing that's being hidden.

jmb1099
11-21-2009, 05:11 PM
seriously if GB thought much of him he would have been practicing with the team. The only other explanation is there is an injury thing that's being hidden.
they matched buffalo's offer and he chose to ay here. He's not interested in being a guaranteed back up.

Dying_-2-_Live
11-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Brohm has a ton of potential
and from the sounds of it.. He's very competitive and not ok with a back up spot, and i like that

Philagape
11-21-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm guessing you missed the reference to Johnny U?

I'm guessing you misinterpreted it. And I guessed correctly.

Typ0
11-21-2009, 11:30 PM
they matched buffalo's offer and he chose to ay here. He's not interested in being a guaranteed back up.

Apparently he's not interested in being a backup because he's not on their squad. Are you saying he was offered the job to start the season and he turned it down?

Michael82
11-22-2009, 12:57 AM

Wow! That would make things interesting. I was honestly wondering the same thing and do trust John DiTullio. He's the sports anchor at Fox Rochester and has a sports show on WHTK.

Jan Reimers
11-22-2009, 06:15 AM
I didn't say that. But, judging from your ignorant, negative posts, I wouldn't expect anything else.

jmb1099
11-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Apparently he's not interested in being a backup because he's not on their squad. Are you saying he was offered the job to start the season and he turned it down?
I'm saying he knw he would never have a chance to really compete with Rogers there

Typ0
11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm saying he knw he would never have a chance to really compete with Rogers there

still...you seem to be saying they offered him a job on the roster and he refused because he would be a backup and that's what landed him on the practice squad. All I'm saying is they don't think much of his ability to play because he was on the practice squad. If they did think he could play he would have been on the roster and practicing with the team. I don't think those facts have anything to do with his being a guaranteed backup in the future. I understand that...but the facts seem to indicate the guy is not ready to play and still a project that no one knows what will happen to.

SABURZFAN
11-29-2009, 10:53 AM
:movie: