This is the kind of crap I've been talkin' about!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

This is the kind of crap I've been talkin' about!

From today's article on bb.com:

Williams: "We're starting to surround him (Bledsoe) with a supporting cast," Williams said. "I think when his teammates produce more and give him the production, he gets confidence in them."

What a crock of crap! It's the same exact team from last year to this one on offense except that Price, JR, and Centers are gone. Every single one of our this year starters was on the team last season and there will only be two new starters replacing Price and JR with Reed and Moore. Is that an upgrade according to them? Personally, I think it is, but the party line has been that those losses are gonna hurt us. So in taking GW's comments into consideration, we have to listen to their/his take.

On top of that, I don't think the confidence is gonna have to be in them this season!

Bledsoe: "I think that you're going to see us be a more balanced offense," Bledsoe said. "It's not going to take away our aggressiveness. We're still going to try and strike quickly, but at the same time, I think we will be more balanced."

Oh Drew! Were we a "quick strike offense last year"?

At last check, we put up 48 whopping big points in the 1st Q last year! So where was this "quick strike" offense last year? It sure wasn't too quick, eh!

Bledsoe: "If we throw it 20 times a game and we're effective at that and running the ball very well and winning games, you're going to hear no complaints out of me," Bledsoe said. "It's a great style of football. It's a winning style of football."

We may not hear any complaints, but what about audibles Drew? Gonna audible us to death into passing plays again?

More nonsense:

"The Bills know that their defense is going to have to as good as advertised to be successful in their division, which is one of the strongest in all of football. Having established players will take some of the pressure off the offense, which carried the team to an 8-8 record in 2002."

The Bills held the following teams to the following points in losses:

G.B.: 10
    K.C.: 17
    N.E. (2): D held Pats to only 10 points not set up by Drew and the O
    Jets (2): D held Jets to only 17 points not set up by Drew

Bills won on the following offensive point totals in the following games:

Miami (1): 16
    S.D.: 20
    Detroit: 24

That's 7 games where the D did it's job of which we won 4 and lost 3!!!

To act as if the D wasn't even a factor at all in getting to 8-8 is to slap Gray and the players in the face.

I really can handle only so much of this crap! Once again, Drew's sh** doesn't stink and it's everyone else who was the problem last year. Once again, why not just call them the Bledsoe Bills!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Wys Guy
    • Jul 2002

Oh yeah, and there were several times, at least 3 by my count, where Drew threw a pick inside the 10 YL going in! At least two of those in those games.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

"quick strike offense" refers to being able to score from any place on the field. We were able to strike quick and score at any time. I think that was pretty evident all season, especially the second Miami game.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Wys' transformation into a finfan is almost complete. Or is it redskins ?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
              "quick strike offense" refers to being able to score from any place on the field. We were able to strike quick and score at any time. I think that was pretty evident all season, especially the second Miami game.

Thank you
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

Thank you

I thought it was a pretty simple straight forward football term.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

Sure, is that why we put up only ~ 17 PPG over our last 8 games going 3-5?

Where was that "quick strike?"

BTW, on the season, 17.3 PPG would have been good for 28th in the league.

You can say that it's beating a dead horse, but many of you just continue to ignore all the real problems that this team has in discussing it. Meanwhile, more high level drivel pours out of OBD and everyone gets all googly. LOL

It is intriguing, I'll say that.

I'm not countin' a single thing until I see Drew put the ball in the EZ when he's in the red zone this season, when he doesn't toss far more INTs than TDs in most games v. our division, and when the excuses of us not having a D quit being put up for awful offensive outputs.

If we lose 38-35 then I can see blaming the D. But when the D otherwise holds a team to under 20 points, then the fingers should not be pointed at the D! Yet, even now, they are. It's absolutely incredible.

These interviews are getting to be scripted and wooden-headed. It's like no one's actually thinking about what is coming out of their mouths. I'm glad they're all excited over there, but if Drew is the centerpiece of our O this season, expect the least!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

And the “Not set up by Drew” lines are the best.

Let me ask you, If Drew throws incomplete on 3rd and 5 forcing us to punt and the other team scores on the next drive, Is that considered “Set up By Drew”?
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Wys' transformation into a finfan is almost complete. Or is it redskins ?
                      HA HA!!!

Actually, it is b/c I am a fan that I'm this irritated that the team can't seem to figure it out.

But then again, maybe it's me who's the idiot, eh!

We'll find out here by the end of September...

I still think that was one of the absolute worst articles/pieces to ever have come out of OBD. It's just party-line drivel.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

I LOVE DREW BLEDSOE!

Comment

• wbat27
                          • Apr 2003

I have no prblem with drew. 1 of those intercptions was all prices fault [lack of effort]. I agree they didn't change much but that is good in its own way. Sam gash means better blocking all around more time means better plays.

Comment

• Romes
                            • Jul 2002

Anytime you have an arm like Bledsoe and a reciever like Moulds a team has the ability to be a quick strike offense. That seems to be all Bledsoe is saying in his comment.
                            Originally posted by paladin warrior
                            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

Wys as OC

GW – Wys, how about mixing in a pass every once in awhile!
                              Wys – (in a monotone computer voice) The game plan is to run the ball. Therefore we will run the ball.
                              GW – But every football coach in the world knows that you have to mix it up. Always keep em guessing.
                              Wys – (in same voice) Get off my back Gregg, I’ve passed 3 times already
                              GW – We’ve run 25 plays. And 2 of the passes were Screens and the other was 5 yards.
                              Wys – We need to run to win!
                              GW – We’re down by 14, they have 10 guys in the box and you have Eric Moulds. How bout going deep.
                              Wys – (still monotone) I don’t want to risk my QB throwing an INT.
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X