Kyle Orton as an option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Orton as an option?

Reading Walterfootball, I was quite surprised to see they have Orton's contract expiring at the end of the season.

Considering the poverty we've had at the position, if the Broncos weren't to resign him, would it not be worth making a run.

I feel that whilst he's not the most exciting player, with decent protection, he is an effective game managing QB, and by signing him, we wouldn't need to reach for one of this years overrated crops. It would also allow further time to see if Brohm could be developed

As a starter he's got a win-loss record of 27-12, and I'd be happy for that sort of record at the Ralph. He's got a reasonable arm, and doesn't seem to take too many sacks either.
  • MassEffect218435
    • Apr 2009

Re: Kyle Orton as an option?

Hey, in the right system he's proving that he can not only win, but produce. But after seeing how bad they were once Simms entered the game last week it's hard to think of them letting him go.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

NO

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

If I were Denver, I'd franchise tag him. He has shown so much potential, but little consistency. A franchise tag would be a sound move financially.

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

They're not gonna let Orton go. Look for him to be a Bronco next year as well.

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

McDaniels is making him look good. He would have nowhere near the success with the Bills, as he is having in Denver - even with a good offensive HC, imho. If there is a coach and system for Edwards to thrive in, Mcdaniels has it.
            I think that Orton is a decent QB, and his record, even with the Bears, isn't too shabby, but I don't think he's 'franchise' material, and tbh, that is what we should be looking for.
            If you want a vet for a couple of years while a QB develops, I think you have to look at the likes of McNabb, or even a guy like Pennington, who, while now lacking arm strength, is probably the consummate game manager, who could mentor a young QB very well.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

i think Orton stays in Denver.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DrGraves
                • Mar 2008

**** NO

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Orton has showed up to play since the second he saw the field in a preseason game at Chicago. We are a team that should be happy to have a guy like that on our roster. I doubt Denver lets him go he's too valuable.
                  Last edited by Typ0; 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

I don't want a game manager, I want a game winner. Let's not be looking at stop gap measures, let's get our franchise QB and develop him.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                      I don't want a game manager, I want a game winner. Let's not be looking at stop gap measures, let's get our franchise QB and develop him.

27-12 isn't winning? When he was in Chicago he was asked to do a lot more and he made plays that helped them win. Sure, he made some mistakes too but he was raw. He beat other guys out for that job from being a nobody. Sounds like a winner to me.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

we already had JP...no need to get his clone, who granted has been more consistent that JP and actually won games, but no need to get a mid level QB and hope that he's more. we had that in trent, we have that in brohm. the next qb to get on this team for a serious look has to come through the draft.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          we already had JP...no need to get his clone, who granted has been more consistent that JP and actually won games, but no need to get a mid level QB and hope that he's more. we had that in trent, we have that in brohm. the next qb to get on this team for a serious look has to come through the draft.
                          Delusional.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus

Seriously? Get another rookie in this organization that can't pick them and can't groom them? Sorry but this is just plain crazy thinking. We'd be lucky to have Orton on this team instead of another three year project.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

NO

Comment

Working...
                              X