• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

SEC

Disclaimer: I do NOT mean this to be a malicious post, just general comments and questions. I'd rather this not become an SEC vs. Big Ten posting battle, as I've made a huge effort to stay away from them lately.

First of all, I'm really curious as to how Florida and Alabama managed to schedule Fla. International and Chattanooga when every other team is playing...decent teams? Seems to me like the schedule is well set up to move up the rankings late in the year if they happen to lose early on. I almost wish PSU could do that.

Second, how on earth is Georgia (at 6-5) second in the SEC East and Kentucky (??) is third?

Honestly, as a Penn State fan, I'd almost rather play in the Capital One Bowl against an SEC team than in a BCS bowl game against a team like Cincinnati, maybe Pittsburgh, maybe TCU, maybe Boise State, etc. Unless we got to play Georgia Tech, it wouldn't be a game that could help us. Because if we lost to one of those teams, it would make us and the Big Ten look that much worse. If we won, people would just say that those teams couldn't hack it against better competition, and that they were worse than people thought.

At this point, I'd rather have PSU play one of either Ole Miss, Georgia, LSU, etc. in the Capital One or Outback Bowl. I'm not saying PSU would win (can Clark ever play well in a big game?), but it would be a good chance to help the Big Ten's reputation and play a really good game.

That's just my opinion.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: SEC

Ha Ha Ha..
    Your right this wont turn into a SEC vs Big 10 fight at all.
    Penn St plays there share of cupcakes threw the year.
    I would Luv to see Penn St play LSU or Ole Miss.
    Put it this way if OHIO ST was in the SEC they would be lucky to finish 4th.

Did you see who Penn St played to start the year as well...

FL and Bama shouldnt even be thrown in the same conversation as the Small Ten...

I will agree with you that the 4th on in the SEC has been very inconsistent all year....
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

The good thing for the Big 10 still is you at least have Ohio St in the Rose Bowl with 2 loses. They always seem to show up for the big game....
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by tampabay25690
        Ha Ha Ha..
        Your right this wont turn into a SEC vs Big 10 fight at all.
        Penn St plays there share of cupcakes threw the year.
        I would Luv to see Penn St play LSU or Ole Miss.
        Put it this way if OHIO ST was in the SEC they would be lucky to finish 4th.

Did you see who Penn St played to start the year as well...

FL and Bama shouldnt even be thrown in the same conversation as the Small Ten...

I will agree with you that the 4th on in the SEC has been very inconsistent all year....
        Well at this point I think we could agree to disagree, although we're of the same mind as to who we'd like to see PSU play.

The good thing is that PSU managed 10 wins even in a down year. Yeah, they played their share of cupcakes, but they schedule them early in the year, when it helps them less than scheduling them later in the year.
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
          Well at this point I think we could agree to disagree, although we're of the same mind as to who we'd like to see PSU play.

The good thing is that PSU managed 10 wins even in a down year. Yeah, they played their share of cupcakes, but they schedule them early in the year, when it helps them less than scheduling them later in the year.
          It always helps a team to schedule early.
          Lets them practice.
          I don't even want to get started about Ohio St because they played pretty much every big game in Ohio this year...
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by psubills62

Actually I think Penn St could beat Cinci or Boise St to be honest imo....
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Well I do too, though I think the non-BCS teams are better than most people think. It's just that even if PSU does get into a BCS bowl and beats one of those two, how is it going to help PSU's reputation or the Big Ten? No one's going to respect a victory over Cincinnati or Boise State, whereas people would respect them if PSU could go into a bowl game and beat LSU or maybe Ole Miss.
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Block "O"
                lowering the bar with every post
                • Sep 2008

SEC may have had more success in the BCS in recent history but we won the Civil War. We sent General Sherman and Atlanta is still burnin'. Congrats to the Buckeyes going to another BCS bowl. Most time any team has made a BCS bowl. Go Buckeyes!!!! SEC can SECK my wang!!!!

Comment

• Block "O"
                  • Sep 2008

It always helps a team to schedule early.
                  Lets them practice.
                  I don't even want to get started about Ohio St because they played pretty much every big game in Ohio this year...
                  Yea the PSU game was in Ohio. Good win vs. FIU yesterday. That SEC schedule is a gauntlet. Give me a break, you got to give the Bucks credit for handing the Lions their ass at beaver stadium, thats a hard to thing to do with that student section.
                  Last edited by Block "O"; 11-22-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Block "O"
                    Yea the PSU game was in Ohio. Good win vs. FIU yesterday. That SEC schedule is a gauntlet. Give me a break, you got to give the Bucks credit for handing the Lions their ass at beaver stadium, thats a hard to thing to do with that student section.
                    I agree FIU was a joke, but we are still#1 and the REAL National championship will be DEC 5 Bama vs Florida SEC championship game.....Should be a good game...

I have been to Penn St before and great experience been to Ohio St as well....
                    Credit goes to the Buckeyes for that game in Penn St....
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

SEC may have had more success in the BCS in recent history but we won the Civil War. We sent General Sherman and Atlanta is still burnin'. Congrats to the Buckeyes going to another BCS bowl. Most time any team has made a BCS bowl. Go Buckeyes!!!! SEC can SECK my wang!!!!
                      SEC suck my wang classy....
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Block "O"
                        • Sep 2008

SEC suck my wang classy....
                        LMAO!!!! Forgive me, I been listening to the dead schembechlers today and they bring the worst out in me.

Comment

• Block "O"
                          • Sep 2008

I have nothing against PSU but they shouldn't be thinking BCS. Iowa beat Arizona and if they had a TE who could catch the ball they should have beaten Ohio State. I'm not really sure what PSU's good win is this year? Northwestern or MSU maybe???
                          Last edited by Block "O"; 11-22-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

LMAO!!!! Forgive me, I been listening to the dead schembechlers today and they bring the worst out in me.
                            Its cool my BIG 10 friends even think the Big ten is a joke now...
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

I have nothing against PSU but they shouldn't be thinking BCS. Iowa beat Arizona and if they had a TE who could catch the ball they should have beaten Ohio State. I'm not really sure what PSU's good win is this year? Northwestern or MSU maybe???
                              Agree with you but I dont think Ohio St should be in a BCS either.
                              But they are..
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X