PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters, er-Terrell Owens

Lexwhat
11-22-2009, 05:09 AM
Sounds like Jason Peters Part II to me (scroll down):

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10394958/Boom-or-Bust:-Who%27s-to-blame-for-Bills%27-struggles?GT1=39002

1. The Bills' mess is Dick Jauron's fault.

This is a bust.
Don't get me wrong. The record proves that Jauron, a strong football mind, did a bad job. There were major issues with in-game strategy through the years, from the disasters against Cleveland, Dallas and New England on national television to this past Sunday in Tennessee. And Jauron didn't surround himself with great offensive and defensive coordinators. Firing Turk Schonert right before the season was ill-timed and ill-advised. Promoting Alex Van Pelt, who had never called plays before, was even worse. Schonert should've been let go in the offseason and then the Bills should've had a new coordinator in place for the offseason workouts.

But there are other factors. The club needs to reshape the football department.
Ralph Wilson has a reputation of being impatient and, relatively speaking, cheap. That means any unemployed coach with Super Bowl rings will not even consider lovely Western New York. I saw our friend Adam Schefter reported the Bills have contacted Mike Shanahan. That would be great. But does Shanahan really want the Bills?

And Terrell Owens once again takes a major hit. I wrote on FOXSports.com that this was a 'boom or bust' move for the Bills, and they'd win either 6 or 10 games. It's been a total bust. T.O., according to defensive coaches around the league, doesn't bust it off the line of scrimmage every play. Those with and around the Bills scratch their heads as T.O. would get a day off from practice every week, often times on the crucial Friday before a game.

Sometimes, the coaching staff would actually be surprised when T.O. didn't practice. T.O. is a club killer. And Owens' play has fallen off. I don't see a team taking a chance on him next year. He's helped bring down the Bills. T.O. was jawing at assistants during the Tennessee game. Who would want him?

Lexwhat
11-22-2009, 05:12 AM
Also:

7. Washington should've picked Michael Oher over Brian Orakpo.

Even with all of the injuries up front and Oher's brilliant play on the Ravens offensive line, this is a bust.

Orakpo was a steal for Washington and I still can't believe he fell to 13 in the draft. Orakpo dominated Denver's sturdy offensive line last Sunday.7 sacks in his rookie season. Just like when he starred in college at Texas, Orakpo has the knack for the big play, while being a very consistent tackler. The defensive end/linebacker (or simply just call him "the weapon") has In talking to Orakpo on Tuesday, he sounded like a 10-year veteran, tuning out the negativity in Washington, solely focused on winning and the latest challenge of beating the Cowboys.

Now, Oher is a star. He's very much in consideration for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Buffalo should've picked him. Detroit, with their second first-round pick, too. We discussed Oakland, Cleveland, San Diego and others at the time of the draft. But you cannot fault Washington. They got a winner at the college level who, as a result, is wise beyond his years as a pro.

Lexwhat
11-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Anyways, since people blasted Jason Peters for "taking plays off" and not giving his full effort, it's only right they be consistent and do the same for Owens.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of players on this Roster that are guilty of this!!! This is the culture known as Buffalo Bills football.

mybills
11-22-2009, 05:48 AM
You watch, TO will get 2 TD's today. He's going to play hard for Fitz, and for Ralph (now that he said he's done with defense minded HC's). He'll even play harder with Fewell at the helm, because he doesn't sweet talk the players like Dick did.

JMP (just my prediction)

kernowboy
11-22-2009, 06:37 AM
Anyways, since people blasted Jason Peters for "taking plays off" and not giving his full effort, it's only right they be consistent and do the same for Owens.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of players on this Roster that are guilty of this!!! This is the culture known as Buffalo Bills football.

Owens taking plays off would not result in the risk of serious injury to the QB

TacklingDummy
11-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Oher and Orakpo would have looked good in Bills uniforms also. Instead they drafted another project that probably won't pan out.

SquishDaFish
11-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Oher and Orakpo would have looked good in Bills uniforms also. Instead they drafted another project that probably won't pan out.

I think you will be eating those words next year when we have a real Head Coach that knows how to use talent

Philagape
11-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Even if Maybin turns out to be good, picking him over Oher is still outrageous because Oher could've made a big difference THIS year

Typ0
11-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Owens taking plays off would not result in the risk of serious injury to the QB

yes it would. Defenses would easily see he's going to dog it and put defenders elsewhere. The guy should be working hard to get open and make catches. Anything he does other than that is a serious hinderance and he should be benched for.

HHURRICANE
11-22-2009, 09:37 AM

Maybin has the best haircut of the three.