PDA

View Full Version : Maybin's playing time should increase soon

Coach Sal
11-22-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure if it will happen right away today or not, but from things I've gathered talking to people and the way practice has gone this week, I believe the new coaching regime (if you can call it that) is planning on working Aaron Maybin in more often.

Again, it may or may not be today. And it probably won't be on EVERY passing situation when it happens.

But it should start showing itself soon.

SquishDaFish
11-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Thats exactly what I figured would happen. Should get him some reps in the long run at LB

ServoBillieves
11-22-2009, 09:34 AM
With his physique, his speed, moves, and with Ellison out... HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT EVEN TRY HIM AT LINEBACKER!?

It is NOT that hard FO, at least toy with the idea. I'd MUCH rather have Draft, Poz, Maybin than Draft, Poz, Palmer/Harris, although both have done OK. Prove he's worth the damn money.

HHURRICANE
11-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure if it will happen right away today or not, but from things I've gathered talking to people and the way practice has gone this week, I believe the new coaching regime (if you can call it that) is planning on working Aaron Maybin in more often.

Again, it may or may not be today. And it probably won't be on EVERY passing situation when it happens.

More plays to prove how bad a pick he was. Awesome.

I wouldn't be so critical if he wasn't our first round pick and Orakpo was sitting there. This is exactly why the talent of this team sucks.

DraftBoy
11-22-2009, 09:46 AM
With his physique, his speed, moves, and with Ellison out... HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT EVEN TRY HIM AT LINEBACKER!?

It is NOT that hard FO, at least toy with the idea. I'd MUCH rather have Draft, Poz, Maybin than Draft, Poz, Palmer/Harris, although both have done OK. Prove he's worth the damn money.

Because he is a 4-3 LB, why do people want him to play a position he has no idea what to do at?

You don't ask a rookie who is still trying to learn his natural DE position to try and learn another completely foreign position. And that's forgetting that he can't cover worth a damn, so if you only play him to blitz you're completely giving away the defensive play call every time he's out there and any OC in the NFL can see that and relate it to the QB who will then hot route the slant to the voided area for easy quick completions.

trapezeus
11-22-2009, 09:54 AM
worse in coverage than when schobel drops into coverage? worse than poz chasing after RB's?

Give it a try in a wasted season, i say.

But with fewell on board and technically interviewing over the next 7 weeks with his performance, i expect him to try every combination possible. the strikes me as really wanting to get the job. i don't necessarily want him, but it seems like he knows he's got a great chance to get a dream job (a job in the nfl not necessarily with the bills). So i feel we'll get a chance to see what we really have over the next couple weeks.

DraftBoy
11-22-2009, 10:19 AM
worse in coverage than when schobel drops into coverage? worse than poz chasing after RB's?

Yes and Yes.

trapezeus
11-22-2009, 10:26 AM
interesting.

SABURZFAN
11-22-2009, 10:54 AM
he should have taken more reps in live games long ago. the Bills are giving up rushing yards so bad that he couldn't do any worse, can he?

Oldbillsfan
11-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't see how her couldnt have helped before in some way.

jamze132
11-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Maybin will probably go down as the worst 1st round pick by the Bills this decade. But he may have some competition with Mike Willaims.

Mr. Pink
11-22-2009, 11:09 AM
This guy makes me yearn for Erik Flowers.

patmoran2006
11-22-2009, 11:39 AM
holy Maybin hate..

I expect him to get a lot mpre playing time as well, he was taking reps ahead of Ryan Denney most this week at practice as the third DE..

And wow, he may very well be a flop, I think he's VERY undersized and not jsut in his actual weight. But give the guy more than a half year before the labels?

Whitner and McCargo on the other hand. Blast away

SquishDaFish
11-22-2009, 11:42 AM
holy Maybin hate..

I expect him to get a lot mpre playing time as well, he was taking reps ahead of Ryan Denney most this week at practice as the third DE..

And wow, he may very well be a flop, I think he's VERY undersized and not jsut in his actual weight. But give the guy more than a half year before the labels?

Whitner and McCargo on the other hand. Blast away

Great posting once again Pat :clap: Totally AGREE!

Oldbillsfan
11-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Lets see if he has some game. Sitting out training camp didn't help. Oh well, at least he got paid. That's all that matters.

patmoran2006
11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Maybin's FIRST snap ofthe game on last play of 1st quarter and he gets a legit QB pressure

X-Era
11-22-2009, 12:46 PM

Maybin is a 3-4 OLB, the sooner we switch the sooner he can hit the field and be productive.

Coach Sal
11-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Don't know if you guys have noticed, but Maybin has been getting a semi-regular rotation today.

They've lined him up as a stand-up OLB/DE on the line of scrimmage, as well as a down DE.

patmoran2006
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
He's playing ahead of Denney in most cases

X-Era
11-22-2009, 01:12 PM
He's playing ahead of Denney in most cases

Ok, thats a step in the right direction.