PDA

View Full Version : anyone watching Sunday NFL Countdown

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Shefter will have more to say about Shanahan and the Bills coming up later.

X-Era
11-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Shefter will have more to say about Shanahan and the Bills coming up later.

I am.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-22-2009, 10:27 AM
it's on right now

Nighthawk
11-22-2009, 10:31 AM
And what did have to say?

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 10:31 AM
What did he say?

X-Era
11-22-2009, 10:32 AM
We will be making it very hard for Shanny to leave when he meets with us this week. We contacted Gruden and Holmgren.

Throws out Weiss as a candidate- EWWW

Mort says Chris Polian a possibility at GM

Mr. Pink
11-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Charlie Weiss is a high possibility.

Mentioned Chris Polian and Leslie Frazier.

Supposed to offer a deal Shanny cannot refuse.

Nighthawk
11-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Sweet! Get it done!

X-Era
11-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Charlie Weiss is a high possibility.

Mentioned Chris Polian and Leslie Frazier.

Supposed to offer a deal Shanny cannot refuse.

I wonder if we will be able to twist Shanahan and force him to sign. The deal would have to be great IMO.

Weiss may mean Clausen. I really dont want Charlie.

mybills
11-22-2009, 10:34 AM
:bf1: ..and some of you people are rooting for us to lose today. :cynic:

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 10:35 AM
If we hire Charlie Weiss, I'm going to soak my arm in kerosene, light it, and fist a goat. Don't people realize he was CHEATING???

What kind of resume does Chris Polian have? I'm assuming it's Bill's son?

X-Era
11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
If we hire Charlie Weiss, I'm going to soak my arm in kerosene, light it, and fist a goat. Don't people realize he was CHEATING???

What kind of resume does Chris Polian have? I'm assuming it's Bill's son?

Weiss would make me puke.

Polian is Bills son and has been learning from the best.

Problem with this is the lack of a pedigree which may prevent him from bringing in big name coaches and players.

Michael82
11-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I love everything that I keep hearing from Shefter. I wonder if the rumors are true...the Bills are going to throw $8-10 million per year in front of his face and TOTAL control of the franchise. Maybe he can take the team, gut it and start over. That has to sound tempting. There are some young and solid pieces in place. It's a project, but if Ralph throws him a boatload, it would definitely make it tough for him not to accept. :drool:

X-Era
11-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I love everything that I keep hearing from Shefter. I wonder if the rumors are true...the Bills are going to throw $8-10 million per year in front of his face and TOTAL control of the franchise. Maybe he can take the team, gut it and start over. That has to sound tempting. There are some young and solid pieces in place. It's a project, but if Ralph throws him a boatload, it would definitely make it tough for him not to accept. :drool:
Unless Dallas will pay more, and with Jerry deep pockets, they might. But thats one job... they cant hire everyone.

After Dallas fills there role (if it ever opens), the Bills may be #2 on many lists.

And all that assumes working for Jerry Jones is actually attractive. Im not so sure these big namers will think it is.

Michael82
11-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Unless Dallas will pay more, and with Jerry deep pockets, they might. But thats one job... they cant hire everyone.

After Dallas fills there role (if it ever opens), the Bills may be #2 on many lists.

And all that assumes working for Jerry Jones is actually attractive. Im not so sure these big namers will think it is.

Don't forget that the Dallas Cowboys have been grooming Jason Garrett to take over for the Wade Phillips for a few years now. If Wade is fired, I think they will promote him.

X-Era
11-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I guess Shanahan and Jerry Jones have a good relationship:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3808287

That hurts out chances unless the Cowboys never make a change. Besides, where Jason Garrett in that mix? Shanny will keep Garrett? If not Jerry is going to give up on a budding young star just to get Mike?

----

Just read your response. Right. Maybe Jerry has already told Mike that hes either keeping Wade or promoting Jason.

T-Long
11-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I honestly think we do land Shanahan. Would you rather work for Jerry Jones or Ralph Wilson? Jerry is constantly in your face and trying to make personnel decisions. Ralph will stay in Detroit and let him do his thing. He will need big bucks and full control, and the Bills will give him that. He needs to take the job immediately.

jamze132
11-22-2009, 10:57 AM

I think the cat is out of the bag in Dallas. Why do they actually have a HC or GM when their douche of an owner is involved with everything? I understand he owns the team and can do whatever he wants, but I can't see any of the big names going there unless they are overwealmed with their paycheck.

T-Long
11-22-2009, 10:57 AM
So I guess we gotta root for the Cowboys to do well and make the playoffs and win a game so that fat Wade keeps his job

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2009, 10:58 AM
i don't want anything or anyone that has been touched by belichick. not one of his people have gone on to succeed. no thanks to charlie weiss. i'd rather keep fewell if they are considering weiss.

YardRat
11-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Sorry, but I'm not going to do cartwheels over Shanahan as a HC.

The guy's ego is 100 times bigger than what he can bring to the table.

X-Era
11-22-2009, 11:00 AM
I honestly think we do land Shanahan. Would you rather work for Jerry Jones or Ralph Wilson? Jerry is constantly in your face and trying to make personnel decisions. Ralph will stay in Detroit and let him do his thing. He will need big bucks and full control, and the Bills will give him that. He needs to take the job immediately.

I would love for him to do it. But, unless he already knows he doesnt want any of these supposed other dream jobs, why do it now? Money?

Shefter already said he doesnt need to use us as leverage. If that true, Buffalo's offer has to be as good as anyone elses, and the Bills know it.

Shanahan will only take the job right away if he already knows he doesnt like some other job better.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2009, 11:06 AM
I guess Shanahan and Jerry Jones have a good relationship:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3808287

That hurts out chances unless the Cowboys never make a change. Besides, where Jason Garrett in that mix? Shanny will keep Garrett? If not Jerry is going to give up on a budding young star just to get Mike?

----

Just read your response. Right. Maybe Jerry has already told Mike that hes either keeping Wade or promoting Jason.

that was almost a year ago, so there's no telling exactly how much the cowboys are still looking at shanahan.

SabreEleven
11-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Sorry, but I'm not going to do cartwheels over Shanahan as a HC.

The guy's ego is 100 times bigger than what he can bring to the table.

Maybe he can talk Elway into coming out of retirement.

X-Era
11-22-2009, 11:12 AM
that was almost a year ago, so there's no telling exactly how much the cowboys are still looking at shanahan... if at all...
Fixed it for ya! :up:

NorthCarBills
11-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I caught the tail end of it but I think Marino in his usual "know all" tone said "he's not going to Buffalo." I think he was referring to Shanny.

I dislike that guy as much as when we were playing him twice a year. *****.

trapezeus
11-22-2009, 12:02 PM
it wasboomer who made the know it all reference and had an ugly look on his face.

a lot of people are making it clear shanahan won't come to buffalo. The battle is a huge uphill climb for the bills to land him.

cowher said, "i think fewell might be the guy they hire." one intereting thing about that is that cowher is essentially saying, 'i'm not going."

Sharpe said that shanahan needs total commitment from the team to be a contender. and he made it clear that buffalo typically is not that team.

and then boom's comment.

if chris polian is on the list and seriously considering it would be great to have him. but i don't think he's leaving.