PDA

View Full Version : now I'm going to watch The NFL Today on CBS

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-22-2009, 11:02 AM
If it's anyone that knows Shanahan it's Shannon Sharpe.

DBrown77
11-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Per profootballtalk.com

There's a rumor in league circles that Shanahan has three teams at the top of his wish list: the Cowboys, Redskins, and Texans.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Cower thinks that Fewell is a legitimate candidate for this job...Marino says no he's not.

now to Shannon Sharpe

says that he had a great conversation with Shanahan this morning and he confirms that Shanahan will interview sometime this week but having played for him for seven years if there's NOT a total commitment from the organization to win Super Bowls it's not about winning Division Titles or beating a perticular team in that division if it's not about winning SB's from player standpoint and coaches around him standpoint your wasting your time with Mike Shanahan because thats the only thing that matters to him is winning championships. ~Shannon Sharpe

X-Era
11-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Cower thinks that Fewell is a legitimate candidate for this job...Marino says no he's not.

now to Shannon Sharpe

says that he had a great conversation with Shanahan this morning and he confirms that Shanahan will interview sometime this week but having played for him for seven years if there's NOT a total commitment from the organization to win Super Bowls it's not about winning Division Titles or beating a perticular team in that division if it's not about winning SB's from player standpoint and coaches around him standpoint your wasting your time with Mike Shanahan because thats the only thing that matters to him is winning championships. ~Shannon Sharpe

So, Im encouraged by Sharpes comments. He didn't say something like, "Mike wont got to Buffalo" or "I don't see Mike going there". He basically is saying that Buffalo has to put up or shut up. Mike (through Shannon) is right, they should. I think, based on this, Mike feels out the Bills and assesses whether they are serious or not through how they answer question about free agency, the draft, and where the Bills feel their talent level is at. If he hears them saying things that lead Mike to believe that they think they are better off than they really are... don't need to spend money in FA, don't need to get a serious answer at QB, any signs that they will go with more of the same, Mike will not be interested.

I think Mike will be interviewing us as much as were interviewing him. Pray that Russ and Ralph do a great sell job and show Mike they are serious about all of it and will do whatever it takes. If we do that, and again Im reading into all this, and if we make a serious offer, I think Mike Shanahan may very well sign on with us.

Shannon's comments make this thing more possible than ever IMO.