• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Interview with Jerry Sullivan

I landed an interview with Sullivan for an NFL.com piece. Any questions you want answered? It will run this week.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Interview with Jerry Sullivan

Originally posted by T-Long
    I landed an interview with Sullivan for an NFL.com piece. Any questions you want answered? It will run this week.
    Yes, the details of the Rooney Rule and whether it prevents any team from hiring a new HC or GM mid-season. Also, does Fewell count as Rooney Rule.

This is huge because it may be that the rule prevents us from signing Shanahan when we meet with him next week. Shefter says we will try to not let him leave (how if Rooney Rule prevents it). Florio says we must wait until the season ends because of the rule.

What gives? Whats the real details?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

No offense, but when a 'reporter' becomes 'the news' he's over-stepped his bounds as a journalist.

Ask him why he's such a dick and when he plans to move on or retire, because I'm looking forward to that.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

ask him if Trestman would be a good option for HC if Shanahan or Cowher don't come here.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
          Yes, the details of the Rooney Rule and whether it prevents any team from hiring a new HC or GM mid-season. Also, does Fewell count as Rooney Rule.

This is huge because it may be that the rule prevents us from signing Shanahan when we meet with him next week. Shefter says we will try to not let him leave (how if Rooney Rule prevents it). Florio says we must wait until the season ends because of the rule.

What gives? Whats the real details?
          They said on the radio pre-game this morning that one of the conditions Fewell requested before taking the interim tag was that he would be granted an interview for the full-time job when the time comes, so Rooney is covered.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

ask him if he's every going to anything more than the catcher hitting 10th on his over the hill Kenmore men's softball team.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
              They said on the radio pre-game this morning that one of the conditions Fewell requested before taking the interim tag was that he would be granted an interview for the full-time job when the time comes, so Rooney is covered.
              I have no doubt that the Bills will follow the rule. The question isn't if, but when.

If they haven't already interviewed Fewell or any minority candidate, they cannot sign Shanahan when they meet with him next week.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Ask him if he's familiar with the site and the cap page?

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
                  I have no doubt that the Bills will follow the rule. The question isn't if, but when.

If they haven't already interviewed Fewell or any minority candidate, they cannot sign Shanahan when they meet with him next week.
                  Not that we would know about it, but if they interview Fewell shortly after meeting with MS, that would be a good sign for those who want Shanny here, because it would mean the deal would already be done.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i'd ask his opinion on the hiring of brohm. Only because if a new GM is coming, doesn't think move kind of step on his toes? To put a guy with a two year contract ahead of a GM seems odd. Also does this pick speak volumes about the bills feeling about QB's available in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                    X