11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
It's going to happen...

X-Era
11-22-2009, 03:02 PM
It's going to happen...

We need a HC with the balls to play him... hmmmm

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2009, 03:04 PM
fitzpatrick's accuracy is absolutely pathetic.

Don't Panic
Fitz didn't exactly do too much to lose the job today... if it happens, it'll be at least a couple weeks from now.

trapezeus
if accuracy is brohm's thing then there are about 5 passes that fitz missed to wideopen receivers that perhaps brohm could make. but the issue becomes, will he be able to handle the chaos that is the bills offensive line? I don't know.

Ingtar33
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Fitz didn't exactly do too much to lose the job today... if it happens, it'll be at least a couple weeks from now.

you mean throwing 2 ints in a 3 point game isn't doing much to lose the game?

one on the final drive to tie?

Night Train
11-22-2009, 05:01 PM
you mean throwing 2 ints in a 3 point game isn't doing much to lose the game?

one on the final drive to tie?

Thank you.

Fitz has the sack to throw deep unlike Edward but his passes are generally flutter balls. I enjoyed the Owens bomb as much as anyone but most of the other passes were off the mark.

Let's get Brohm in there and give him some reps, since all we have to lose is more games. Unfortunately, he'll be taking snaps behind a patchwork line with many 3rd stringers, so a true read on him may not be clear...but the hits he may take could be brutal. :sad:

BillsWin
11-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Im all for starting the Brohm Bomber in two weeks.

Banks2Pierce
11-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone catch this guy in preseason? He looked awful. Didn't look like an NFL player at all.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
i want to see him start next week just so i can see him play in person.

DraftBoy
11-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Anyone catch this guy in preseason? He looked awful. Didn't look like an NFL player at all.

Apparently you didn't catch him in the preseason. Because that is not how he looked.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-22-2009, 06:47 PM

Apparently you didn't catch him in the preseason. Because that is not how he looked.

:anvil:
Schooled!

tampabay25690
11-23-2009, 07:13 AM
OK I want to see Brohm play and I don't..
Reason why I don't is because we are looking forward to the change and Im afraid he will suck with the way this offense is setup....I want to see him get more work in and get comfortable with this team 1st.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
brohm is a dadgum practice squad pick up. dont you guys remeber Nall? same thing.

Ickybaluky
11-23-2009, 07:35 AM

He has looked pretty lost since coming into the NFL, and his preseason numbers this year support that:

39-for-62 (62.9%), 300 Yds (4.8 YPA), 0 TD, 3 Int, 54.5 QB Rating. He had another 6 rushes for 6 yards (although there were a couple kneeldowns in there) and was sacked 5 times for 29 yards.

Granted, preseason is preseason, but he hasn't played well. There is a reason Green Bay cut him to keep Matt Flynn as a backup, despite investing a 2nd round pick on him in 2008.

However, once he learns the Bills system, why not throw him in there? They obviously have given up on Edwards, and Fitzpatrick will never be anything but a journeyman. Maybe Brohm is one of those guys who needed more seasoning and time to mature. Really, what have the Bills to lose?

DraftBoy
11-23-2009, 07:38 AM
He has looked pretty lost since coming into the NFL, and his preseason numbers this year support that:

39-for-62 (62.9%), 300 Yds (4.8 YPA), 0 TD, 3 Int, 54.5 QB Rating. He had another 6 rushes for 6 yards (although there were a couple kneeldowns in there) and was sacked 5 times for 29 yards.

Granted, preseason is preseason, but he hasn't played well. There is a reason Green Bay cut him to keep Matt Flynn as a backup, despite investing a 2nd round pick on him in 2008.

However, once he learns the Bills system, why not throw him in there? They obviously have given up on Edwards, and Fitzpatrick will never be anything but a journeyman. Maybe Brohm is one of those guys who needed more seasoning and time to mature. Really, what have the Bills to lose?

Yes and as I posted in another thread, the main factor in those numbers are his first preseason game. If you examine the numbers on a game by game basis, he shows growth and development throwing only 1 INT after his first game and having a completion percentage somewhere around 70%. The 300 yds also would of had him as the #2 leading passer in the preseason had he qualified.

Dujek
11-23-2009, 07:45 AM
brohm is a dadgum practice squad pick up. dont you guys remeber Nall? same thing.

Nall sucked when I used to head over to Glasgow to see him play in NFLE, of course he was going to suck in the big boys' league.

Brohm can play the game, it's just a question of how much work he needs to be able to play it at this level.

Ickybaluky
11-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Yes and as I posted in another thread, the main factor in those numbers are his first preseason game. If you examine the numbers on a game by game basis, he shows growth and development throwing only 1 INT after his first game and having a completion percentage somewhere around 70%. The 300 yds also would of had him as the #2 leading passer in the preseason had he qualified.

The YPA is pathetic, and the 3 Ints show he is struggling reading defenses. You can make any argument you want, but those are not good numbers.

The guy was cut to keep Matt Flynn only a year after the team drafted him in the 2nd round. I'll admit to not seeing to much of him play, but that one fact is a pretty damning indictment of his ability, especially on a team like Green Bay where the draft is the primary mechanism for acquiring talent. They aren't the Redskins, who piss away draft picks like a drunken sailor.

Like I said, though, why not play him? Maybe he just needs some time. However, don't get your hopes too high, or you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You are better off not expecting much, and then at least there is a chance you will be surprised.

mikemac2001
11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
The YPA is pathetic, and the 3 Ints show he is struggling reading defenses. You can make any argument you want, but those are not good numbers.

The guy was cut to keep Matt Flynn only a year after the team drafted him in the 2nd round. I'll admit to not seeing to much of him play, but that one fact is a pretty damning indictment of his ability, especially on a team like Green Bay where the draft is the primary mechanism for acquiring talent. They aren't the Redskins, who piss away draft picks like a drunken sailor.

Like I said, though, why not play him? Maybe he just needs some time. However, don't get your hopes too high, or you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You are better off not expecting much, and then at least there is a chance you will be surprised.

http://youkilledkenny.net/images/498mr_jefferson.gif

ddaryl
11-23-2009, 08:42 AM
The OL is in such dissaray it almost seems pointless to get the guy killed this season.

Playing Brohm might actually destroy any shot the guy has at becoming a capable QB in the future because he will be shell shocked behind this OL

none the less I want to see him play too, because it would actually give me a reason to look forward to watching a bills game again

EDS
11-23-2009, 08:44 AM

NE39, your mising the point. Brohm doesn't have to be any good, he just has to suck less than Edwards and Fitz. The bar has not been set high in B-lo this year.

yordad
11-23-2009, 08:47 AM

Like I said, though, why not play him? Maybe he just needs some time. However, don't get your hopes too high, or you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You are better off not expecting much, and then at least there is a chance you will be surprised.The Packers could have cut him and kept Flynn simply because Flynn accepted the role of backup.

Ed
11-23-2009, 08:52 AM
I would love to see Brohm play at some point this year, but it seems unfair to throw him in there considering he hasn't been with the team all year and OL is a disaster. It's very likely he'd struggle and people would give up on him immediately.

Also, I don't see Fewell starting him since this is his only shot at being a HC and he's going to give himself the best chance to win. He doesn't care about developing a qb for the future. He probably knows he won't be with the Bills after this season.