• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

New Bargain Basement Coach...same dismal Result:

Loss!

This team needs gutted from the owner's box on down.
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: New Bargain Basement Coach...same dismal Result:

Originally posted by Historian
    Loss!

This team needs gutted from the owner's box on down.
    Did Paladin Warrior write this?

Comment

• DBrown77
      Watching the Bills suck since 1999
      • Mar 2005

Bargain basement coach? Dude it was our D coordinator. Not like we hired him outside of the organization.

dumb thread

Comment

• Griff
        • Jul 2008

rofl, right because a first time head coach, just filling the spot until a real coach comes to town is the same thing.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Fewell is not HC material...we need to get a good coach from outside the organization...this loss is not a bad thing.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

can we just throw in the towel for the rest of the season? this way we won't have to worry about anyone else getting hurt. we know the bills aren't going to win any more games so why not?

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

The point is - the firing of Jauron was just another CHEAP Ralph Wilson Jr. fix to temporarily appease and assauge the fans.

There's all this talk about hiring 'big names' for Buffalo -but point of fact, he hasn't spent a dime yet on the team - he's probably waiting until after taxes so he can take a couple extra deductions on his 2009 return. Wilson's middle initial ought to be "P" for Procrastination - or "C" for Cheapskate!

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cleve
                The point is - the firing of Jauron was just another CHEAP Ralph Wilson Jr. fix to temporarily appease and assauge the fans.

There's all this talk about hiring 'big names' for Buffalo -but point of fact, he hasn't spent a dime yet on the team - he's probably waiting until after taxes so he can take a couple extra deductions on his 2009 return. Wilson's middle initial ought to be "P" for Procrastination - or "C" for Cheapskate!

stop drinking please.

by firing Jauron Ralph was signing up to pay Dick 6 or 8 mil to go away.

Tell you what. You try to fire someone and then have to pay them for 2 or 3 more years their salary and tell me if that's a "cheap" move. Especially since you'll probably have to pay the guy who takes over permanently far more then you paid the guy you fired.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

you're wrong. he has already spent money because he technically is going to be paying two coaches next year.

Comment

• Cleve
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    stop drinking please.
                    You're the one who's seriously intoxicated, possessed of a lower than average IQ, or some combination of the both if you don't think that Ralph Wilson is so cheap he squeaks. Look at the hiring he's done in the last 10 years - almost every move in the front office could be interpreted from the perspective that he's trying to save money rather than win games.

Wilson was stupid to have hired Jauron for another 3 years in the first place. If he was going to can Jauron, the time to have done so was in January, NOT wait until NOVEMBER!!! So Wilson compounded stupidity with MORE stupidity.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

stop drinking please.

by firing Jauron Ralph was signing up to pay Dick 6 or 8 mil to go away.

Tell you what. You try to fire someone and then have to pay them for 2 or 3 more years their salary and tell me if that's a "cheap" move. Especially since you'll probably have to pay the guy who takes over permanently far more then you paid the guy you fired.

so you're sure they didn't reach a settlement on the remainder of the contract?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

You're the one who's seriously intoxicated, possessed of a lower than average IQ, or some combination of the both if you don't think that Ralph Wilson is so cheap he squeaks. Look at the hiring he's done in the last 10 years - almost every move in the front office could be interpreted from the perspective that he's trying to save money rather than win games.

Wilson was stupid to have hired Jauron for another 3 years in the first place. If he was going to can Jauron, the time to have done so was in January, NOT wait until NOVEMBER!!! So Wilson compounded stupidity with MORE stupidity.

well i never made any claims to intellegence... but pro football is a hilarious business.

one of the only businesses you can be in where you can pay out 100+ million dollars for your team on an annual basis and be called "cheap"... that said... i won't disagree that Wilson has been cheep when it comes to his coaches and front office (though he did pay TD a bit).

I'm just pointing out that firing Jauron is not a "cheep" move. It's a rather "expensive" move. Keeping him would have been far cheaper then firing him.
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Your right Ingtar

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

I'm just pointing out that firing Jauron is not a "cheep" move. It's a rather "expensive" move. Keeping him would have been far cheaper then firing him.
                            Not necessarily...

I would have predicted a sharp decline in season ticket sales, and overall attendance and spending next year, if Jauron would have been retained. The T.O. move "bought" Ralph an extra year with Jauron.

The support for this team will go up if Wilson invests in a big name coach.

Just sayin.

Comment

• Cleve
                              • Oct 2004

Bottom line - is Ralph Wilson's coaching/front office payroll higher this week than it was last week? Or next week?

Probably not.

He probably had to throw a couple extra bucks to Perry Fewell - but then again the guy is working two jobs - H.C. and Defensive Coordinator. Overall, I think Wilson's payroll is about the same. He's only a 'big spender' if he gets a big name coach, which is questionable.
                              Last edited by Cleve; 11-22-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X