Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Cheese 'N Rice...

X-Era
11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3sxYA16Qfk

Hope he can come back full strength next year
Totally screwed.

Good news is it may be broke a bit below the knee.

Nighthawk
11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Nasty...

trapezeus
11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
that's a terrible break. i really feel bad for the guy.

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Hopefully it's just a broken bone and not a torn ACL, with proper medical treatment there is no reason he can't come back 100%.

mybills
11-22-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3sxYA16Qfk

Hope he can come back full strength next yearSon of a...I wish I could take back clickig on that video. :puke:

kernowboy
11-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Horrible break - really horrible

trapezeus
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Hopefully it's just a broken bone and not a torn ACL, with proper medical treatment there is no reason he can't come back 100%.

either way, it looks like its the type of injury that may make him a different player when he gets back.

tampabay25690
11-22-2009, 03:16 PM
wow that looked bad

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
either way, it looks like its the type of injury that may make him a different player when he gets back.

I disagree, leg breaks typically don't have many lingering effects. Hopefully, it was a clean break, players have come back from bone breaks in 6 weeks. It's not as bad is it looks, imo, he will be back, not this year, obviously, but next year he will be 100%.

Ingtar33
11-22-2009, 03:18 PM
I disagree, leg breaks typically don't have many lingering effects. Hopefully, it was a clean break, players have come back from bone breaks in 6 weeks. It's not as bad is it looks, imo, he will be back, not this year, obviously, but next year he will be 100%.

Tim Krumrie's injury pretty much ruined his career.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2009, 03:19 PM
i want to puke

DraftBoy
11-22-2009, 03:19 PM

There is still way too much info to find out before we can determine how bad it is. But like Ing and others have pointed out, breaks can potentially end careers.

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM

In rare cases, yeah. Hopefully the break was clean, it didn't strike me as being as nasty as Krumrie's break or Theisman's, Theisman's was the worst, imo.

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1iVRRu6w0

^ Theisman

Michael82
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow! That looked like Theisman's injury. :ill:

Ingtar33
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
In rare cases, yeah. Hopefully the break was clean, it didn't strike me as being as nasty as Krumrie's break or Theisman's, Theisman's was the worst, imo.

I think the worst knee injury i ever saw was on a monday night game and Napoleon -something-or-other (McCallum maybe?) a raider's running back had his knee destroyed. the injury was so bad he nearly had the lower leg amputated, and never was able to play again.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2009, 03:31 PM
it may not be as bad but it's still one of the grossest things i have seen. i can't imagine the amount of pain the poor guy is in. feel bad for him.

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
I think the worst knee injury i ever saw was on a monday night game and Napoleon -something-or-other (McCallum maybe?) a raider's running back had his knee destroyed. the injury was so bad he nearly had the lower leg amputated, and never was able to play again.

:(

Nighthawk
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM

Wasn't that Napoleon Kaufman??? I can't recall for sure...

Lexwhat
11-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Wasn't that Napoleon Kaufman??? I can't recall for sure...

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxR20TgNA0&feature=related

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
EWWWW, it was McCallum... Wood's injury is NOWHERE NEAR THIS BAD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxR20TgNA0

Meathead
11-22-2009, 03:41 PM
usually linemen can recover from almost any injury nowadays. they dont need the explosiveness of other positions and can usually adapt better if they have to. you never know until they get back on the field, but theres reason to be reasonably optimistic

elltrain22
11-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow that is absolutely terrible

DBrown77
11-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I had a similar leg break in Pop Warner. Broke my Tibia and Fibula right in half.
I played the next year, but favored the leg a lot. I should have had surgery, but didn't.

Don't Panic
11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Oh my...... God. That was sickening. No other word for it... sickening. The break was bad enough, but then the fact that the guy fell on it, making it that much more severe. Dinner is not going to go down easy tonight!

McBFLO
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Wood's injury goes down with the worst Ive ever seen. McCallum's takes the cake though. I remember when that happened. Ken Norton was laying underneath him and the announcers initially thought that both of them were hurt. Norton didn't move because he knew how bad McCallum was hurt. As soon as McCallum was moved off of Norton, Norton popped right up and jogged to the sidelines.

Borosai
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I wasn't watching the game when it happened, and I haven't bothered looking for a replay since I just don't have that masochistic curiosity, so lucky me. But this ruined the game for me completely. Wood is one of my favorite players, and it's infuriating that his rookie season will end this way. I hope that's as far as that goes.

Prov401
11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
not as bad as McGahee, but pretty close to it

I agree, Mcgahee's was the 2nd most horrible injury Iv'e ever seen sustained on a football field. First of course belonging to Theisman. Feel bad for Wood.

MassEffect218435
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Tim Krumrie's injury pretty much ruined his career.Yeah, and back then an ACL tear would all but end your career. It would have to be a pretty damn incredible break for it to be career ending. Hopefully it's just bones and not ligaments.

MassEffect218435
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
What sucks about this is not only was Wood looking like the best OL on the team (considering his age), but he has progressively been getting better. I'm going to assume that he won't be ready to go at the start of 2010; what sucks is that this becomes yet another position of need along an OL that could basically use a 100% overhaul as it is. I pray for a fast recovery for Wood, his future is bright if he continues to progress and can make a complete recovery.

Nighthawk
11-22-2009, 06:20 PM
No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxR20TgNA0&feature=related

Thanks...couldn't remember.

Dr. Lecter
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Tim Krumrie's leg was pretty nasty too.

mush69
11-22-2009, 06:31 PM
After watching this...we may see Wood recover and develop but it will be with another team.

This really sucks, He and Levetri were the 2 i built this line on.

Canadian'eh!
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
That's a bad break... I won't say he can't heal up well enough to play again, but i will say it could be threatening his career for sure.

I saw 2 breaks i think... one above the ankle and one below the knee. It's going to be really hard to put in the IM nail if that's the case i'm betting.... Didn't look like a clean break. If they can't get hte nail in there's a chance it won't heal straight at all.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2009, 06:55 PM
After watching this...we may see Wood recover and develop but it will be with another team.

This really sucks, He and Levetri were the 2 i built this line on.

i don't get it. how would it be with another team?

Patti120
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
As long as it's just the leg and no ligament damage he will be fine, even if he has surgery. Definitely a bad break but he will be fine as long as there is no ligament damage.

mush69
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
i don't get it. how would it be with another team?

In the rebuild stage no way do we want a compund fracture on the list. Sucks too, I really like the way way he played the game! IMO he'll never be the same within his tenure @ B-lo

:cheers:

Patti120
11-22-2009, 07:40 PM
In the rebuild stage no way do we want a compund fracture on the list. Sucks too, I really like the way way he played the game! IMO he'll never be the same within his tenure @ B-lo

:cheers:

Respect your opinion but totally disagree if it was a clean break. Ligament damage then he's screwed and agree.

Commissioner
11-22-2009, 08:08 PM

I disagree.... this is obvious a tib/fib injury... a compound fracture... he's going to get a titanium rod hammered down his tibia... It will be a miracle if he's back next year.

Michael Bush broke his femur senior year of college and missed his first year with the Raiders.

Dicknoze69
11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
I disagree.... this is obvious a tib/fib injury... a compound fracture... he's going to get a titanium rod hammered down his tibia... It will be a miracle if he's back next year.

Michael Bush broke his femur senior year of college and missed his first year with the Raiders.

The Michael Bush example doesn't work here because, as you said, he broke his femur (aka upper leg bone). Wood broke his tibia/fibia (aka lower leg bones).

Also, if it was a compound break (bone sticking through the skin), he'd be having surgery asap. Assuming it's true he's having surgery tomorrow rather than right now, then it follows logically that it's NOT a compound fracture.

Patti120
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM

Looks like it could go either way then. I posted earlier that I had a compound fib/tib break which was clean along with basically breaking my ankle. I needed a screw to connect my ankle to my leg and 8 screws to put the fib/tib back together (my break was the smaller bone so it obviously may be different for the bigger bone). I was lucky there was no ligament damage but I was back the next year and was completely fine with no ill effect.

Hoping it was an injury like mine and that he has a quick recovery.

mybills
11-23-2009, 07:31 AM
My nephew broke his tibia & fibula and walked on it. He said it hurt, but he thought it was a sprain or something. They ended up putting several screws in it, and repairing tendons, and now he's good as new. He said the worst part of it was that it delayed his entry into the Navy.