Billsfan3
11-22-2009, 04:12 PM
He actually shows emotion on the sideline and is into the game unlike DICK J

capitolneal
11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
but emotion didn't win......

BuffaloBlitz83
11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
And he still was a loser. Just like Dick.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
We want a winner in buffalo. If he screm and show emotion but continue the losing tradition, nobody cares. We want a winner.

SquishDaFish
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Its his first game as a head coach. give the guy a damn break. I see a little change of attitude in the team already. And its nice to see a coach that shows some damn emotion on the sideline. does he have some learning to do yea of course. But give him time and he will learn. He will be a good HC somewhere in the future ala Singletary. Some people on here dont know how to give either young players or inexperienced players/coaches time jesus

WeAreArthurMoates
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Thought he coached a good game though like Jauron gave up on the run. Though for once, the passing game was humming. Really like him out there though I don't see any way he coaches next season. He needs to win 5 games and no way is he beating New England and or Indy/Atlanta.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
We don't want him to succeed by getting indecisive wins and build blind hope encase Ralph sees a glimmer of hope and keeps him instead of a top, proven, experienced coach.

Cleve
11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
And he still was a loser. Just like Dick.

Fewell must have learned his time management skills from Jauron. His blunder at the end of the first half, where scoring opportunities were lost because the clock was allowed to run down to 1 second, was inexcusable for a high school football coach, let alone a professional NFL coach.

Fewell can't gain 'common sense' from experience. He showed he's not terribly bright or talented, IMHO.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
BESIDES THE END OF THE 1ST HALF HE COACHED A PRETTY DECENT GAME IMO

Cleve
11-22-2009, 04:50 PM
BESIDES THE END OF THE 1ST HALF HE COACHED A PRETTY DECENT GAME IMO

Yeah, but there's typically only a few moments in a game where the H.C. can really make the difference between the team winning, and the team losing. That was one of those moments. Fewell is now on my s&*(-list unless or until he does something spectacular. The margin between a champion team, and an also-ran in this league is small.

Jauron always managed to turn victory into defeat with his coaching blunders. Unfortunately, Fewell committing a Jauron-esque blunder wasn't the best way to sell himself to Buffalo fans in his first outting.

mysticsoto
11-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Its his first game as a head coach. give the guy a damn break. I see a little change of attitude in the team already. And its nice to see a coach that shows some damn emotion on the sideline. does he have some learning to do yea of course. But give him time and he will learn. He will be a good HC somewhere in the future ala Singletary. Some people on here dont know how to give either young players or inexperienced players/coaches time jesus

Agreed. The entire team had a different feel to it. They didn't seem like the timid play-not-to-lose team that we've had for a few years now. We still need a better signal caller. Fitzpatrick takes more risks than Trent and doesn't check down every play, but he's not accurate and doesn't lead a receiver well.

We are also decimated in the Oline and Fewell still had the team play fairly well. Quite frankly, I expected a blow out the other way and can't believe we even stayed in it til the end. Without Stroud, I expected them to run over us like a stampede...yet they stepped up. Drayton Florence, except for a few plays, had a stellar day.

yordad
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
I still seen a team that had some costly false starts with the game in crunch time. And clock misuse to end the first half. But, I still liked the fact he was coaching instead of golf clapping.

TacklingDummy
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Hard to believe he's 47 years old. Looks younger.

Block "O"
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
MODS fix this thread, there seems to be a misspelling. His name is Perry Fuel.

Cleve
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
MODS fix this thread, there seems to be a misspelling. His name is Perry Fuel.

After deciding to direct the team to kick a field goal on 2nd down with 21 seconds on the clock at the end of the half, apparently just to be 'safe', Perry Fool is my new nick-name for him.

Nighthawk
11-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Who cares...I want a coach who wins and actually has a chance to rebuild this franchise and make it respectable.

DynaPaul
11-22-2009, 05:43 PM
:fart!:

Billsfan3
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Who cares...I want a coach who wins and actually has a chance to rebuild this franchise and make it respectable.

Your point is correct but.. Well lets give him a break he had to deal with so many injury's.. Also he seems like he cares how we do unlike Dick.. Hes probably not the answer for HC but he atleast we see he cares

justasportsfan
11-23-2009, 09:28 AM
at least we were in the game up until the last secs. With Dick we would've been out of it in the 1st qtr.

mysticsoto
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
at least we were in the game up until the last secs. With Dick we would've been out of it in the 1st qtr.
Let's not exaggerate. Dick would have us in the games until the 4th qtr, but he had the players play so carefully, that we wouldn't amount to much of anything. The offense would stink with the careful checkdowns of Trent, and the D would get tired and collapse in the 4th qtr.

Fewell likes Fitzpatrick b'cse he'll take more chances with his throws - and it's b'cse of that that TO had a monumental game. But with all the injuries up front, we couldn't get a running game going to complement TO and that hurt us in the end. The D did alright in stopping their highly vaunted running attack...and that was without Stroud. I sincerely expected a blowout.

I too didn't like what I heard Fewell say of the end of the 1st half choice for plays and playing for a FG instead of the TD, but I'll chalk that up to inexperience. In a day where he had the Bills playing hard and playing reasonably well despite the injuries, that's a easily correctable black mark on him.

I'm not saying Fewell should be our next HC. I'm just saying, for his 1st game and considering the injuries, I was pleasantly surprised at how hard he had the Bills playing...

X-Era
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM

So will Shanahan and Cowher... ohh and they have proven they can lead a team to win the big one.

justasportsfan
11-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Let's not exaggerate. Dick would have us in the games until the 4th qtr, but he had the players play so carefully, that we wouldn't amount to much of anything. The offense would stink with the careful checkdowns of Trent, and the D would get tired and collapse in the 4th qtr.

Fewell likes Fitzpatrick b'cse he'll take more chances with his throws - and it's b'cse of that that TO had a monumental game. But with all the injuries up front, we couldn't get a running game going to complement TO and that hurt us in the end. The D did alright in stopping their highly vaunted running attack...and that was without Stroud. I sincerely expected a blowout.

I too didn't like what I heard Fewell say of the end of the 1st half choice for plays and playing for a FG instead of the TD, but I'll chalk that up to inexperience. In a day where he had the Bills playing hard and playing reasonably well despite the injuries, that's a easily correctable black mark on him.

I'm not saying Fewell should be our next HC. I'm just saying, for his 1st game and considering the injuries, I was pleasantly surprised at how hard he had the Bills playing...

it's not much of an exaggeration if Dick would gameplan for playing not to lose. We'd be done before the snap was even made. We'd just be going through the motions of what might seem like we're playing.

psubills62
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I'll tell you what, I like him much better than Jauron, for a few reasons:

1) he shows emotion and fire
2) he showed some creativity in blitzing
3) he did help the offense (seriously, Fitzpatrick with 297 yards passing and Owens with 197 yards receiving?)
4) this one is the most significant to me: he seriously improved the run defense

For all those people saying stuff like "well, he doesn't win, just like Jauron." Come on, did you really expect him to beat Jacksonville (who is a pretty decent team when they're at home) with only 5 days to prepare? After an entire season of seeing RB after RB blow through our defense, it was nice to see one of the best in the game bottled up WITHOUT Stroud.

I don't know how many coaches could have come in with five days to prepare and as many injuries as we've sustained and won that game. Sure, you can complain about not going for the TD, but there were a lot of other factors that contributed to our demise in that game.

justasportsfan
11-23-2009, 10:31 AM

1) he shows emotion and fire
2) he showed some creativity in blitzing
3) he did help the offense (seriously, Fitzpatrick with 297 yards passing and Owens with 197 yards receiving?)
4) this one is the most significant to me: he seriously improved the run defense

For all those people saying stuff like "well, he doesn't win, just like Jauron." Come on, did you really expect him to beat Jacksonville (who is a pretty decent team when they're at home) with only 5 days to prepare? After an entire season of seeing RB after RB blow through our defense, it was nice to see one of the best in the game bottled up WITHOUT Stroud.

I don't know how many coaches could have come in with five days to prepare and as many injuries as we've sustained and won that game. Sure, you can complain about not going for the TD, but there were a lot of other factors that contributed to our demise in that game.

Kyle Williams is this teams MVP

Historian
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I love the one bills drive apologists. Its that mentality that has allowed Wilson to run this team into the ground.

madness
11-23-2009, 11:05 AM

While playing on a bum knee!

Historian
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Have our standards sunk this low?

:snicker:

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 11:22 AM
fewell didn't really differentiate himself from Jauron too much other than the emotion. Seeing him goosestep down the sideline after the TO pass was awesome.

But on the negative side, he was playing for a Fieldgoal. he's trying a trick 2pt conversion instead of just running his normal offense...granted Moorman threw an ugly pass, still, just come out and show that you want it.

And worst of all, the adjustments on the offensive side just wasn't there in the second half. other than the bomb, did they move the ball more than 50 yards in the second half?

psubills62
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM

No he's not. Williams has disappeared too much to be the MVP. Byrd is more valuable, imo.

Besides, our run defense had been horrible for every game except Weeks 1, 2, and 11. Williams was in there for a lot of those horrid performances, bum knee or not.

psubills62
11-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Have our standards sunk this low?

:snicker:

In mid-season, yes. After the season is over, no.

madness
11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
fewell didn't really differentiate himself from Jauron too much other than the emotion. Seeing him goosestep down the sideline after the TO pass was awesome.

But on the negative side, he was playing for a Fieldgoal. he's trying a trick 2pt conversion instead of just running his normal offense...granted Moorman threw an ugly pass, still, just come out and show that you want it.

And worst of all, the adjustments on the offensive side just wasn't there in the second half. other than the bomb, did they move the ball more than 50 yards in the second half?

Two point attempt was impromptu

Chris Brown
Posted November 23rd, 2009
Tags: Brian Moorman (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/brian-moorman/), Ryan Denney (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/ryan-denney/)
For those that may have been wondering if Buffalo’s two-point conversion attempt was planned after the Owens TD, it wasn’t.
Brian Moorman, to his credit, admitted he bobbled the snap as he was trying to get it down.
“When I put it down it was flat on the ground so I had to improvise,” said Moorman.
The punter almost hit Ryan Denney who released off the line on the broken play, but it was just out of the defensive lineman’s reach.

mysticsoto
11-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Two point attempt was impromptu

Chris Brown
Posted November 23rd, 2009
Tags: Brian Moorman (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/brian-moorman/), Ryan Denney (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/ryan-denney/)
For those that may have been wondering if Buffalo’s two-point conversion attempt was planned after the Owens TD, it wasn’t.
Brian Moorman, to his credit, admitted he bobbled the snap as he was trying to get it down.
“When I put it down it was flat on the ground so I had to improvise,” said Moorman.
The punter almost hit Ryan Denney who released off the line on the broken play, but it was just out of the defensive lineman’s reach.

I had no problems with this play, and if it was impromptu...it was well done. Denney was actually open and should have been delivered the ball a bit better. I'm actually happy to hear this then. It means that our STs are well coached and reacted immediately to a bobbled play...they were prepared.

justasportsfan
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
they were prepared.
but didn't finish